Peercoin: BUY, HOLD, PROSPER

Was thinking today about mining and proof-of-stake.

Myself, I’m starting to have more earnings by holding & proof-of-stake earnings than I have on my existing mining equipment, which consists of 6 block erupters.

I was thinking today of a slogan or marketing description of:

Peercoin: BUY, HOLD, PROSPER

Which basically explains what most people should be doing if they believe in Peercoin’s design.

BUY: To get some Peercoin

HOLD: As it becomes rare and more popular, the value continues to go up over time

PROSPER: Use your coin-age as stake, and mint new coins.

I could imagine the “video” to show the words appearing “BUY” then “HOLD” then “PROSPER” with 1/2 second pauses between each of the words.

Like it? hate it? Improve upon it?

I think it sounds a little scammy to me, like the whole point of the coin is to profit from it. Maybe it could be used by individuals who want to, but not as part of the main marketing of the coin, on the graphics/website and such. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I guess I have to agree. :frowning:

People might see it the wrong way I suppose. Oh well. I’m happy to buy, hold, prosper. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ppcman, post:3, topic:1387”]Yeah, I guess I have to agree. :frowning:

People might see it the wrong way I suppose. Oh well. I’m happy to buy, hold, prosper. :)[/quote]

As am I. :smiley:

I saw a vision of Bernie Madoff telling me to Buy, Hold, & Prosper. I like the marketing we have right now: secure and sustainable :slight_smile:

‘buy hold prosper’ is really clever and a great idea… but i have to agree that it could take it down a more questionable route… secure and sustainable is better in the long run in my opinion. there are lots of minor coins promising riches at the moment, with nothing to back it up…

I need to reanimate this thread because of a private conversation in which I stumbled upon the idea of receiving Peercoin associated with “prosper”.
What crossed my mind is (when whishing someone to live long and prosper - just like Peercoin (hopefully)):

“Peercoin - the true vulcan coin”

…because it is determined by being logic, reasonable and without being emotional…
Or does that sound too boring? Anyway - I prefer something sound over something emotional when it comes to saving money…
And at least associating Peercoin with vulcan style is a little bit emotional :wink:

…just to let you know! :smiley:

sent by Tapatalk

[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:7, topic:1387”]I need to reanimate this thread because of a private conversation in which I stumbled upon the idea of receiving Peercoin associated with “prosper”.
What crossed my mind is (when whishing someone to live long and prosper - just like Peercoin (hopefully)):

“Peercoin - the true vulcan coin”

…because it is determined by being logic, reasonable and without being emotional…
Or does that sound too boring? Anyway - I prefer something sound over something emotional when it comes to saving money…
And at least associating Peercoin with vulcan style is a little bit emotional :wink:

…just to let you know! :smiley:

sent by Tapatalk[/quote]
Not sure who that conversation was with :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuzzybear

If you do an association like this, remember that Star Trek is owned by CBS and Paramount, and any derivative works need to obtain their permission and license prior to use.

Simply posting a star trek modified picture is a violation of copyright. Any memes or efforts along those lines immediately get into sketchy territory.

Officially I do not think the Peercoin community should recommend it.

[quote=“ppcman, post:9, topic:1387”]If you do an association like this, remember that Star Trek is owned by CBS and Paramount, and any derivative works need to obtain their permission and license prior to use.

Simply posting a star trek modified picture is a violation of copyright. Any memes or efforts along those lines immediately get into sketchy territory.

Officially I do not think the Peercoin community should recommend it.[/quote]

I second your reservation and unfortunately you are absolutely right. That is why I didn’t jump on a meme generator just to spam reddit etc. with that idea.
But I thought it could help to amuse and confirm the people here.
One might now have an image when thinking of Peercoin which represents some of Peercoin’s strengths.
I hope that referring to vulcan (by saying “Peercoin - the true vulcan coin”) might be indulged…

Maybe they are interested in buying the rights to use Peercoins in their next movie :wink:

We can hope.

While we’re on the topic of Star Trek…

(repost from http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2546.msg21559#msg21559)

Is Trekcon May 9-11, 2014 still going to be using Peercoin?

Do we have mobile Peercoin wallets yet?

Saw this video from John:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXPlhrD7XrE

…and if the answer is no, I’d like to hear from John Manglaviti respond to this… If he abandons them, us, and what he promised, that isn’t going to bode well.

That video was dated Nov 2013. A lot of altcoins have launched, been mined, had promise, and died since then… Peercoin has stood the test of time, and I think John realizes that…

I’d like to hear his comments. If not, then Trekcon Springfield’s organizer’s comments. It’s the end of April 2014. This has to be dealt with now.

If John doesn’t hold true to his promises and words, then he should comment publicly about it.

Some one should download this video to their computer. I have a feeling that John’s first move is to login and delete the video.

This is frustrating for me to write like this, but we’re a few weeks away and this needs to be addressed.

We do have a kind of mobile wallets. The 2 webwallets (Bkchain’s and HolyTransaction) would work on newer tablets and phones. But I think it is a bit early days for real showtime though.

Not sure what John intended to deliver, but it looks that neither he or we can do that at this stage.
Probably best to contact the organisers, send them the Peercoin presentation and tell them we will be back next year or something like that. It does look bad though, but I wouldn’t know what to do about that. Broken promises are always hard to repair.