Peercoin Builds

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Reserved

The icon in the taskbar still has a white background. Maby it would be better to use a similar design on the icons as in the splash loading image? Pretty sure it would look better since the icons are so small.

Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this, but the padlock symbol on the client (bottom right) does not change much between locked and unlocked - the visual change is very subtle. If at all possible, I think a padlock with a bolder unlocked image would be good

Cool yup good feedback I can look into different images for this… I should be releasing a new build tonight or tomorrow :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

OK source code is ready for some new builds :slight_smile:

New features will be new locked and unlocked icons
new taskbar icon with no white background.
Pulled in latest changes from sunny so p2pool protocal starting to be implemented

will update the downloads and announce when avaliable. This might be 0.4 version… need to confirm

Fuzzybear

My wallet is on a roll and minted and created another block today (5 days after an earlier one). Hoped it would start minting multiple addresses closer to each other (within 500 blocks), but that’s probably too much asked for (or not even possible?). I have several addresses with only tens of PPC in my wallet from roughly the same coinage.

However I noticed that the Balance total automatically reduced, but that my stake stayed on 0.
Restarting QT fixed this problem. So I think there is a problem updating Stake in GUI when minting occurs (in debug everything looks fine).
Hope this minor issue can be fixed in next release.

And thanks for doing this amazing work.

BTW Still using 0.3.1.3FB.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:7, topic:1869”]My wallet is on a roll and minted and created another block today (5 days after an earlier one). Hoped it would start minting multiple addresses closer to each other (within 500 blocks), but that’s probably too much asked for (or not even possible?). I have several addresses with only tens of PPC in my wallet from roughly the same coinage.

However I noticed that the Balance total automatically reduced, but that my stake stayed on 0.
Restarting QT fixed this problem. So I think there is a problem updating Stake in GUI when minting occurs (in debug everything looks fine).
Hope this minor issue can be fixed in next release.

And thanks for doing this amazing work.

BTW Still using 0.3.1.3FB.[/quote]
hmm u making me wonder if this is something to do with my build environment and UPNP flags maybe… I noticed myself that when I unlocked my wallet it took till the next block on the chain for it to change the icon for unlocked wallet… yet a getinfo showed no warning wallet locked in the error attribute. I have a new build almost up… V0.3.2 I called it… will try a few different UPNP build settings and see if there are any differences… needs updated splash version number to…

http://builds.peercointalk.org

Fuzzybear

[quote=“Cybnate, post:7, topic:1869”]However I noticed that the Balance total automatically reduced, but that my stake stayed on 0.
Hope this minor issue can be fixed in next release.[/quote]

Have had this problem several times with sunny’s 0.3.0. So not a problem with fuzzys build

build v0.3.2 is up and live, contains both qt and daemon in the zip :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

[quote=“MUTO, post:9, topic:1869”][quote=“Cybnate, post:7, topic:1869”]However I noticed that the Balance total automatically reduced, but that my stake stayed on 0.
Hope this minor issue can be fixed in next release.[/quote]

Have had this problem several times with sunny’s 0.3.0. So not a problem with fuzzys build[/quote]
Ok, that’s good to know in a way. Will give the new build a go. FB’s builds are definitely doing a better job creating PoS blocks, although I suspect that’s coincidence.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:10, topic:1869”]build v0.3.2 is up and live, contains both qt and daemon in the zip :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]
Works and looks all good to me, now icons with transparant background. Well done.
Let’s see if I can mint another PoS block with this version in next few days!

Love the colour change from amber to green of the locked- and unlocked for minting icon. Previously it was easier to hover over it to see whether it was locked or unlocked as it was hard to see.

One small cosmetic comment. The Peercoin icon in the Windows taskbar is very pixelated and doesn’t look nice therefore. Other round icons still look fine on my monitor, but we’re getting into the nitty-gritty here.

Build version 0.3.2 show “Version 0.3.1.3” in the splash screen at startup. About Peercoin-Qt screen show “version v0.3.0.0-g1c0670d-beta”.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:12, topic:1869”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:10, topic:1869”]build v0.3.2 is up and live, contains both qt and daemon in the zip :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]
Works and looks all good to me, now icons with transparant background. Well done.
Let’s see if I can mint another PoS block with this version in next few days!

Love the colour change from amber to green of the locked- and unlocked for minting icon. Previously it was easier to hover over it to see whether it was locked or unlocked as it was hard to see.

One small cosmetic comment. The Peercoin icon in the Windows taskbar is very pixelated and doesn’t look nice therefore. Other round icons still look fine on my monitor, but we’re getting into the nitty-gritty here.[/quote]

The devil’s in the detail…

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:13, topic:1869”]Build version 0.3.2 show “Version 0.3.1.3” in the splash screen at startup. About Peercoin-Qt screen show “version v0.3.0.0-g1c0670d-beta”.[/quote]I have just put a new binary up… well replaced the 0.3.2 version with new updated one with these 2 changes corrected :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:1869”][quote=“sandakersmann, post:13, topic:1869”]Build version 0.3.2 show “Version 0.3.1.3” in the splash screen at startup. About Peercoin-Qt screen show “version v0.3.0.0-g1c0670d-beta”.[/quote]I have just put a new binary up… well replaced the 0.3.2 version with new updated one with these 2 changes corrected :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Thanks for your great work. Sent you 1 PPC for your work with your client version 0.3.2Final :slight_smile:

Tx ID: 72ea58109de6eafc700762521f1f0bb9f425deb2e245968f6c173d4cc785cc12

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:16, topic:1869”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:1869”][quote=“sandakersmann, post:13, topic:1869”]Build version 0.3.2 show “Version 0.3.1.3” in the splash screen at startup. About Peercoin-Qt screen show “version v0.3.0.0-g1c0670d-beta”.[/quote]I have just put a new binary up… well replaced the 0.3.2 version with new updated one with these 2 changes corrected :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Thanks for your great work. Sent you 1 PPC for your work with your client version 0.3.2Final :slight_smile:

Tx ID: 72ea58109de6eafc700762521f1f0bb9f425deb2e245968f6c173d4cc785cc12[/quote]
Your welcome and thank you so much for the PPC :slight_smile: really appreciated

Fuzzybear

New 0.4 Peercoin Windows Qt including fix for the heartbleed OpenSSL exploit

see OP for full details of the new features

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:18, topic:1869”]New 0.4 Peercoin Windows Qt including fix for the heartbleed OpenSSL exploit

see OP for full details of the new features

Fuzzybear[/quote]
Awesome, have to admit that I counted on you to deliver. Haven’t upgraded to 0.4 yet, but will go with your version over the weekend. Since you made my wallet mint several times in a fortnight with 0.3.2FB a few months ago, I’m your fan :wink: