Peercoin at the bitcoin expo conference

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

We have all met up and found each other. We have prime spot right next to the stage so we hit every speaker going to the stage and business cards being taken by many :slight_smile:

Mcgin made contact with bitilicous, and listening to talk from cryptoauction so will touch base with him when finished.

Looks like we should have good impact this conference

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Note from crypotauctions, if we crack multi signature transactions then they will add is immediately. Important we look at this or work directly with him if needed.

Interesting talk and company so far that had taken btc decentralized ideas and applied to company structure and business model.

Fuzzybear

Thank you for the updates!

Just to say I got distracted in a conversation with a fellow bitcoiner so missed the alt talk speaker, but looks like ee are in the better room, the main room is very disorganized and can’t hear the speakers.

Phone has died so have found point to get a little charge from.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:5, topic:988”]Just to say I got distracted in a conversation with a fellow bitcoiner so missed the alt talk speaker, but looks like ee are in the better room, the main room is very disorganized and can’t hear the speakers.

Phone has died so have found point to get a little charge from.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Have you guys met most of the people at the booths yet? Sooo exciting guys, I can’t wait to hear the stories. Max Keiser pop his head in yet? :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to hear a detailed feedback from the event. If you see Max tell him that we need a few minutes on his show!

I’m not really into the whole technical stuff behind the PPC, but I would like to know what this means. In other words, how would you explain this to a 10 year old? ::slight_smile:

Ok on my way back home now want to say big thank you to mcgin for speaking and representing us and eugine for providing support on the floor to.
Personally I don’t think we could have come across more strong in the altcoins talk area.
Made lots of contacts with people, a few key ones that hopefully we can utilise going forward… look into seedcoin for crowd funding and tresor for offline secure wallets etc for the future.

No max as far as I saw :frowning: but I did do a couple of press interviews one should be on channel 4 at some point with me saying I earnt my years salary in one day thanks to peercoin.

Battery on phone low so I in first class plugged in on the train home, so catch up more with u all in a bit

Oh business cards went down well and pretty much handed pit 500 so hopefully few new members and one talk particularly interested me as about the gender divide in btc… we should make moves to position a female high in our community who has the right qualities etc as big untapped market there.

Also refreshing to hear I not the only one that squandered away their btc since hearing about them. Lots of would be millionaires there had they just held. So don’t beat urself up about it all

Catch u soon
Fuzzybear

Re: Multi-signature transactions.

I was poking around the ppcoind daemon earlier today and noticed this command listed in the help file:

[font=courier]addmultisigaddress <’[“key”,“key”]’> [account][/font]

Am I misunderstanding the intent of that command, or is it something that has only partially been implemented in v0.3?

[quote=“Ben, post:10, topic:988”]Re: Multi-signature transactions.

I was poking around the ppcoind daemon earlier today and noticed this command listed in the help file:

[font=courier]addmultisigaddress <’[“key”,“key”]’> [account][/font]

Am I misunderstanding the intent of that command, or is it something that has only partially been implemented in v0.3?[/quote]
Oooo timely spot :slight_smile:

i think eugine was saying that sunny had said that it was there just as you say not fully implemented… but i though maybe just not enabled… but maybe more work is needed… come on 0.4!! make us proud pls :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Okay sorry for the lack of updates yesterday, very hard to keep in touch on the forum and keep interacting at the venue. So I think yesterday was a great success. JBT you are absolutely right that these conferences are where we can promote Peercoin the most effectively, and we absolutely MUST get as many feet on the ground as possible at them and pushing Peercoin as a valid option to the vendors. Eugen & Fuzzy were great yesterday. The banner was a stroke of genius as well, I spent a good portion of the day talking to people who just came up to enquire about Peercoin because we had a big sign there, hopefully that should convert into new users.

On the more commercial side of it I managed to speak to a good few people

ZipZap - Was talking to their Business Dev guy. They are very interested in supporting Peercoin and I have his details and said we’d be in touch to see what we can do to support, seemed most interested in leveraging our relationship with BTC-e, do we have one? I didn’t know when I was speaking with him.
Bittylicious - Keen on PPC, but implementing FTC first, and aiming for PPC in Jan, we should keep on top of this as it’ll really make things so much easier getting PPC for UK users.
CryptoAuction - Out of all the services being promoted at the conference, I was most impressed by these guys, they have a really innovative idea on their hands for running decentralised auctions, and they really understand the technology they are dealing with. They’re not just someone jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon because it’s the hot thing. They only support Bitcoin right now because they need Multi-Signature transactions. Daryl from CryptoAuction said if we are willing to work with them to implement Multi Sig they have some ideas about how to do it well as the Bitcoin implementation isn’t great to use, so I think we should definitely reach out to them on this. Can we get Sunny’s point of view on Multi Sig? Apparently it’s in the code just not enabled?
Bitalo - Again these guys are looking for Multi Signature support and not interested without it.
LaunchRevolution - So they are keen to use PPC, it didn’t sound like they needed much from us but we can certainly reach out and see if we can help.

General feedback from the other people I spoke with

• People are really interested in the dev team behind PPC and if it’s sustainable. I said we have Sunny obviously as one of top guys out there, and expanding his support base is one of our top priorities (I believe it is based on the other thread)
  • We need to make it easier for merchants to accept PPC, we can tackle this through payment processors like Bitpay and also by developing plugins for things like Magento, Shopify etc.
  • Might be worth exploring doing something in combination with some of the other cryptos, anything that assists the expansion of crypto currencies in general is a good thing in my eyes.

Unfortunately I had to leg it straight after the panel discussion so couldn’t hang around for the after party. If I was to summarize, I’d say there is very clear and obvious interest in PPC, and it is up to us to develop the ecosystem and community to give it the push forward it needs to start being accepted by merchants.

Wow… Thanks for the update.

I agree that the Peercoin ecosystem has to be established to attract more people look into Peercoin.

I’m not really into the whole technical stuff behind the PPC, but I would like to know what this means. In other words, how would you explain this to a 10 year old? ::)[/quote]

Good explanation here What are multi-signature transactions? - Bitcoin Stack Exchange

Thank you all. Great progress and feedback. We need more tools, more development for Peercoin and the ecosystem.

I was there, I only got to meet up with McGin. Great dude, very happy to have met!

My feelings about the conference were a bit mixed; some panels were absolutely useless (the guy and his passion for neuro-connections, who simply trolled the audience), some were interesting.
I was a bit sorry that it was, for what I’ve seen almost entirely dedicated to BitCoins and no other currency ; although it makes sense seeing that other currencies together barely add up to 10% of the whole market, maybe 1%+ without LTC.

Thanks for the update, it sounds like the three of you made some serious headway into the business community!

Great write-up!

1. Emailed Sunny about multi sig
  2. Emailed Sunny about development (both process and staffing)
  3. Payment processors like Bitpay (at this point) continue to say they have no intention of adding any additional coins
  4. We’re in contact with BIPS… with their recent 1 million hack issue, I’m just giving them a bit of time to get sorted
  5. Coinbase said they’ll add ltc once Gox or Bitstamp adds them… I would guess we would be next

Hey, Its Ruthie :slight_smile: from Feathercoin, just wanted to say it was great to meet one of the members from peercoin yesterday :slight_smile: and I will say he represented really well on the altcoin panel discussion :smiley:

Good work.

Ohhh and I don’t think Max was there but his G/F was.