Peercoin Announces New Payment Method for Tesla Motors & Tesla Energy Purchases

The following is an outline which may be used for an upcoming press release. I have posted this here to see what kind of questions may arise to help clarify an upcoming project which is about to go public. My gratitude to those who have been patient and understanding.

PHOENIX, ARIZONA (July 13, 2015) – Tesla and Peercoin are proud to be the prominent innovators in their respective fields. With each of them creating energy-efficient solutions for the world’s emerging technologies, their emerging partnership is a natural match.

With digital currencies experiencing tremendous growth in recent years, it was only a matter of time before Peercoin chose Tesla to accept a digital currency as payment from their customers. We are thrilled to announce that Peercoin is the new preferred digital currency for future Tesla purchases. And because Peercoin is the most energy efficient cryptocurrency available today, it is the perfect match for the world’s most energy-conscious company.

About Tesla Motors
Since 2003, Tesla Motors has worked to “accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable transport.” Tesla began this mission by introducing electric car models that consistently achieved the highest possible safety standard ratings and out-accelerated the competition. And with each new generation of Tesla vehicles bringing a more affordable price tag, the company is making good on its promise to deliver safe and affordable zero-emissions personal transport to the masses.

About Tesla Energy
Tesla’s Energy division is dedicated to delivering energy efficiency into every home. Their immediate focus is the development of battery devices that store excess energy generated by residential solar panels. Currently, that extra power is directed to the power grid. But Tesla Energy’s new Powerwall will store excess energy to be used within the home when the solar panels are not generating power. Powerwall will allow eco-conscious consumers to take their home’s energy efficiency and independence to the next level.

About Peercoin
Peercoin maintains its “greenness” by using Proof of Stake to maintain its network. Other digital currencies’ operations use Proof of Work solely to maintain their networks. These systems require an ever-increasing power supply to run a burgeoning collection of servers and other equipment. In contrast, the Peercoin network is secured and transactions are verified based on the Peercoins held by each user. Peercoin’s peer-to-peer network relies on members’ own computers and saves a tremendous amount of energy versus other cryptocurrencies.

About Peerbox
Because of Peercoin eco-friendliness, Peerbox is found to be the best integration which will allow an automotive transportation manufacturer (and their respectful supporting technologies) to obtain and maintain a decentralized, financial rewards network using the Internet of Things. By utilizing both Peercoin’s Peerbox and Tesla Motors world-class innovations, it’s only a matter of time before we see the financial technologies space pave the way, using the blockchain protocol, to Gold 2.0.

I will do my best to answer all questions in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience.

It’s great to see this great progress been made. Is there a Peercoin payment page already?
How does peerbox fit into this exactly?

Lol!

Alloy, I hope there are more details than this. I don’t really know what to make of it.

So ridiculous, so funny

This quote is from the post, the highlighting is mine:

“With digital currencies experiencing tremendous growth in recent years, it was only a matter of time before Peercoin chose Tesla to accept a digital currency as payment from their customers.”

The way this post is worded is very strange.

Why would it be “Peercoin chooses Tesla” instead of “Tesla chooses Peercoin”? I like the author’s enthusiasm, but in my opinion, he should stop making announcements until Tesla officially announces that THEY are in fact interested in Peercoin as a technology (which I suspect they are not).

People who don’t read his postings carefully will think that it implies that Tesla is somehow interested in integrating Peercoin as an option to pay for Tesla cars. However, his careful wording implies that Tesla really has no interest in Peercoin at all. Perhaps something like ShapeShift.io + Coinbase will be used to convert Peercoin to the US dollars that Tesla already accept, but the announcement as written implies that Tesla just wants to accept as many US dollars as possible: they do not care about Peercoin, but if people convert Peercoin to dollars, they will gladly accept them. That is why he says “Peercoin chooses Tesla”, and not “Tesla chooses Peercoin”.

The way that the announcement is currently written seems like an attempt to positively influence (pump) the price of Peercoin by duping people into believing that Tesla is going to integrate Peercoin.

If Tesla really is interested in integrating Peercoin, please link to concrete evidence of such on an approved Tesla forum (such as on their home page, or elsewhere on http://TeslaMotors.com). If they are, I would recommend that you stop making announcements until THEY make an official announcement. Anything else looks like a pump attempt.

Again, I love the author’s enthusiasm, but you have to be HONEST, you have to be CREDIBLE, and you have to back up your claims with independently verifiable sources.

it was only a matter of time before [b]Peercoin chose Tesla[/b] to accept a digital currency as payment from their customers.

Did you mean to say that Tesla chose Peercoin, rather than Peercoin chose Tesla?

This is not coming from nowhere. I assume this is just a quick summary announcement from the point of view of the company of Alloy. Details will follow. Partners will show their own action. Payment method doesn’t have to be payment for a car. It could be for parts, charge, service and whatnot in Tesla sphere.

[ul][list][quote=“mhps, post:8, topic:3573”]This is not coming from nowhere. I assume this is just a quick summary announcement from the point of view of the company of Alloy. Details will follow. Partners will show their own action. Payment method doesn’t have to be payment for a car. It could be for parts, charge, service and whatnot in Tesla sphere.[/quote]

This is the problem: it’s all circular logic that never points to an independent source of information. When you say “this is not coming from nowehere”, the link that you are linking to is a rumor thread. That is not an independently verifiable reference. An independently verifiable reference would be a shoutout to the Peercoin community from @TeslaMotors, as SentinelServ recommended, or a message posted on http://TeslaMotors.com.

What I am about to point out is not meant to be a personal attack against Alloy. I am just trying to point out inconsistencies. Alloy certainly has enthusiasm, but I think that he needs to think through things more before posting them. His postings end up sounding like classic pump and dump schemes. That may not be the intent, but I don’t understand WHY he is posting these things. The only scenario that makes sense is that he is trying to pump up Peercoin’s price by confusing people into thinking that Tesla is interested in Peercoin.

There are some other inconsistencies:
[list]
[li]It does not look to me like this Geoff Snyder (A.) and this Geoff Snyder (B.) are the same person.[/li]
[li]Geoff Snyder B makes absolutely no mention of working in the automotive industry here: http://geoffsnyder.com/[/li]
[li]The third inconsistency is the incoherent statements that Alloy sometimes makes. Sometimes, he just doesn’t sound like an automotive industry professional. Two examples: (1) “Alloy is Geoff Snyder. The cross-reference was blurry and I gathered the initial statement starting midway elsewhere.”: I can’t even understand what he is trying to say here. I find it hard to believe that someone brokering a deal to have Tesla consider using Peercoin would have such poor command of the English language. (2)“Tesla and Peercoin are proud to be the prominent innovators in their respective fields. With each of them creating energy-efficient solutions for the world’s emerging technologies, their emerging partnership is a natural match.” So now, Alloy and his organization speak for Peercoin the cryptocurrency? This is just ridiculous. It reminds me of Bruce Wagner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106027.0), the guy who used to pretend that he represented Bitcoin, until he was disgraced. He lost respect because he was always trying to use his influence in the Bitcoin community to peddle side schemes (http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/k08a8/has_bruce_wagner_pulled_off_the_biggest_financial/).
[/li][/list]

Credibility is held in a personal bank account with a very limited supply. Once you squander it by making foolish statements, it is almost impossible to get it back. So Alloy, I would advise you to think about what you are going to post a few more times before you post it. If you can’t back up what you are saying with independent sources, then DON’T POST IT. I follow one simple rule that I would advise you to think about applying as well: if I post something as fact, I ALWAYS put a link to a source that I do not control. For example, if I said that Overstock now accepts Bitcoin I would do it like this: Overstock now accepts Bitcoin (http://www.overstock.com/bitcoin). The reader can be fairly certain that I did not hack Overstock.com, and put a page on there stating that they accept Bitcoin, so they can trust what I am saying, even if they don’t trust me (yet). Over time, if I keep posting information, along with credible sources, then people will begin to trust me. When you post big claims WITHOUT credible sources, you slowly erode any trust that people have in you.

For this reason, if you have information, but you do not have credible sources to back up your claims, it is better to remain silent.

[/list][/ul]

I agree posts should be backed by facts although I am willing to wait as posting in time may not be a high priority thing for someone with a busy job. Other inconsistencies are indeed confusing.

this guy is desperate he needs out of ppc. bad for the price

I have emailed Telsa to ask whether it is able to confirm the information in Alloy’s post

this guy is pulling everyone’s legs. maybe just for fun, or really he needs out and he’s been trying to create some hype.

it could be a pump attempt, but it doesn’t working :stuck_out_tongue:

there will be nothing to confirm in my opinion. let us know the answer.

Peercoin Announces New Payment Method for Tesla Motors & Tesla Energy Purchases

Peercoin announces. yes because peercoin is a speaking person. Have you ever read “Bitcoin announces partnership with overstock?”

LOL, how idiotic is this post? beats any lame attempt made in the past to hype a coin. Does this guy need any meds?

I root for this to be true, but I’ll remain skeptical until I see Tesla announce it.

It just doesn’t make business sense to accept a cryptocurrency designed around the idea of being a store of value, over another cryptocurrency designed specifically for transactions, which also happens to have a much, much better adoption rate (bitcoin) and better established in the consumer mind (by comparison anyway). Knowing how these things get communicated, I would have expected Tesla to come out first. Sure, Peercoin is innovative, but Bitcoin continues to retain that status, it is far from being “stale”.
In addition, Tesla would never approve a communication stating “Peercoin chose Tesla”. It weakens their brand image in that light. It would read “Tesla and Peercoin partnered”. I’ve looked everywhere for articles corroborating this and came up short.

Alloy i hope it was you selling ppc at 0,0013 at btce one month ago.
I bought most of them, ty idiot!

more hype:

geoff.snyderWhile meeting with several #Tesla representatives today to discuss the upcoming #peerbox project, we also found ourselves test driving and testing the ‘insane’ button. No joke there… such an awesomely made product by a such an awesome company! #companyculture

Met with several #Tesla representatives today and discussed the #peerbox project. Nothing but positive feedback!

I’d like to believe but…

is it possible that this guy is doing everything by himself without consulting any dev? surely if something real comes out, the dev will be asked to do lots of work in order to do any required implementation, so I believe they must have been consulted in advance. if not this sounds very strange to me.

He keeps talking about Peerbox. Does @Peerchemist know anything about this? In one of his recent tweets he said this: “Super excited about the new #Peerbox!” Has Peerchemist revealed any details on the next version of Peerbox?

Edit: How do I successfully notify someone using @? It didn’t seem to work.