Peercoin and HIVE web wallet/local wallet

I’ve look at this. The wallet is fantastic on a mac and looks native. Could this be something we “rush in” on to get support for peer coin? Creating our own mac native wallet is taking some time, but adding support to these two could or rushing one of the others is needed, I think. Even for other operating systems, “prettying up” is something that is just necessary, and the web hive wallet is very nice. Would look very good if we get application suppot, but I doubt it. Litecoin doesn’t. :-\

Maybe someone could give me some information of what is being worked on as far as wallets if we can’t do this. It’s written (I think) in java, which is muti-operating system and could be accomplished with the right amount of funds/coders. Maybe a python app for the same reason. It seems very lightweight for a java application.

Hive is a very professional wallet with a lot of potential. I’ll be watching this topic with interest. Has anyone approached the Hive team to explore the possibility of peercoin integration?

Check this out. It looks like they’re already looking into Peercoin. Is there somebody tech savy that can contact them to offer assistance, Ben, or somebody else?

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/293z6v/peercoin_integreation_with_hivewallet/

According to the package contents plist it is a cocoa java app. I don’t know how difficult it is to code for. Minimum OSX is 10.7 apparently, which 10.9 is a free download, so, not much of a problem there for most people. Maybe Ben could, as you say, give us more info… or contact them. By “rush” I was referring to a campaign, if we still do those that is…

Hey guys,

If I’m not mistaken, web wallets rely on API’s to process transactions because they can’t store the whole blockchain on a smartphone or tablet. The API’s in particular are called push Tx’s, where a person can create their own tx from scratch using unspent outputs of an address. Unfortunately, ppcoind does not support push Tx’s functionality (it’s an rpc command). That is the main reason as to why there aren’t any web wallets and light wallets for PPC. SK needs to integrate bitcoin v0.8+ into the protocol for us to access this functionality. I will be more than happy to supply the api’s needed for PPC wallet development.

Cheers :slight_smile:

[quote=“JetJet13, post:5, topic:2612”]Hey guys,

If I’m not mistaken, web wallets rely on API’s to process transactions because they can’t store the whole blockchain on a smartphone or tablet. The API’s in particular are called push Tx’s, where a person can create their own tx from scratch using unspent outputs of an address. Unfortunately, ppcoind does not support push Tx’s functionality (it’s an rpc command). That is the main reason as to why there aren’t any web wallets and light wallets for PPC. SK needs to integrate bitcoin v0.8+ into the protocol for us to access this functionality. I will be more than happy to supply the api’s needed for PPC wallet development.

Cheers :)[/quote]

Is it difficult to add to the program? Do they plan or have a windows release? Maybe that’s why they have a web wallet… I believe java is portable to some extent to other oses: correct me if I’m wrong. I realize the program is not high priority, but the web wallet might be something we could look at if it’s possible. What you said is mostly gibberish to me, so please forgive my ignorance. It is just so intuitive for mac.

Basically, what I’m saying is, web wallets for PPC won’t happen until Sunny releases v0.5, because the ‘create raw trans.’ feature is not implemented into peercoin-qt v0.4.

Cheers.

@hivewallet on Twitter stated that although they are wanting to integrate PPC support, it can’t happen without a pull request on our end.
Where are we with this development? Are we in a place where we can make it happen, so that we can finally have an iOS wallet?

https://twitter.com/hivewallet/status/613615012192649216

Basically, what I’m saying is, web wallets for PPC won’t happen until Sunny releases v0.5, because the ‘create raw trans.’ feature is not implemented into peercoin-qt v0.4.

Asked [member=79]Sunny King[/member] and [member=30141]sigmike[/member] about the develop branch (v0.5?) status here: Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

Got no response yet.