(Outdated Thread) 2 Posts Are REQUIRED Before You Can Start Threads

I remember I have registered once upon a time. Maybe I could be wrong…

Considering the 11th hour timing I’n gonna post this here as part of my 2post requirement:

Just had an Idea about an alternate way to play a bracket type game for the 64 team tournament soon to happen

lots of offices and clubs have betting pools and if you’ve made it this far into cybercurrency without yet learning about the rules regarding gambling in your country do so now.

ok so in order to meet some of the requirements where i live (assuming that even if a an altcoin was the
token risked - It couldn’t hurt to make good faith efforts to appease the rules that would apply to the USD) a fundraising event that includes gambling like activities can be considered legal in many regions - Therefore
(to be known as the Cause)
This proposal is given as an opportunity to raise funds to be spent on television ads or a cross product marketing campaign that furthers the education and understanding of the uses and risks inherent with participation in the altcoin phenomenon that is tailored to be easily received by the 12-18 age group
(those that will be having the most fluid yet disposable income over the next 5 years… it’s where the record companies get their dough.)

ok on to the game
a lowest common denominator type silent auction (i guess might be a way to describe it)

anyone can post a bracket for [ X sub [/sub] and then others can back that bracket in increments of [ X/50 (PPC)]

An hour before tip-off of the first game on Thursday. the bracket with the fewest backed amount(doesn’t include the original poster’s X)
that is above an arbitrary min. (say total backed must match original poster’s X) becomes the mendoza line of sorts for the Kitty…
and all over-backed amounts are returned representing an equal percentage of the whole…

as an example [X=2(PPC)], if a bracket backed by 5(PPC) is the lowest qualifying bracket, players who backed a bracket that got 15(PPC) support would be returned aprox 2/3 of what they contributed to make all brackets backed equally [EDIT] I say approx b/c I don’t know what fees might be involved , and it could be set to deduct up to 5% for the ‘Cause’ and fees or something [EDIT]

The Payout: 73% returned to the top 11 brackets (leaving 27% to cover fees assoc with payouts and the rest going to the ‘Cause’)
with the original Poster of each winning bracket getting 40% of the payout and the backers splitting 60%.
(using the example from before - the original poster only put up 28% of the gamble - and is rewarded for their courage to “run one up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes” with a 40%(of the prize level) payout. )
Would be ranked similar to Pro Golf with the number of actual winning brackets being tied to those tied for the 11th spot, and ties among the higher rankings dividing the combined payout…

as an example the final tally might result in 1 winner - 2 tied for 2nd - 1 4th place 4 tied for 5th 2 tied for 9th and 8 tied for 11th
resulting in 18 winning brackets and the 2 @ 2nd place halving the sum of the payout for 2nd and 3rd place etc.

suggested prize dispersement
27% to the cause (and to cover transaction fees)
23% to First
14% to Second
8% to Third
6% to 4th
5.1% to 5th
4.3% to 6th
3.5% to 7th
2.7% to 8th
2.3% to 9th
2.1% to 10th
2% to 11th

A contest that goes to 11

From the time posted (ok I’m assuming someone can assemble previous code to do this much faster than myself)
to the 1hr till tip off, each 30 min an original bracket poster should be notified of the total their bracket has been backed as of 30 min prior
and the general viewer of the brackets to be backed will be updated with the info from 1hr prior… thus keeping the moment to moment a secret and leaving the original poster to decide how much info they want to disclose or how much they will ridicule other brackets in effort to get more backers of their bracket.

Malcalypse
you can always right me directly :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I got into peercoin in 2013 but lost interest when NuBits became popular with the community. (Pegs never work in the long term).
Now I’m trying to get back up to date with peercoin since I believe it’s the right way to do small blocks.

Cheers

Also I really do care about sustainability and careful use of resources, which has bothering me with bitcoin, as much as I like it’s liberating aspects.

hi there

Hello. This is my first post here.
And this is the new PeerCoin pool with 0.5% fees.

beepoolny.com

Will try to keep the fee low all the time thanks to our host.
Thank you for your supports!
Serge.

Sure, let’s post our 2nd post :P. It is a logical spam security step, so no problem about the 2 posts requirement! So now… let’s get into the business of creating threads!

never understood why this is logical spam security step, imo it does exactly the opposite
(first have to spam two posts before you can post one, or maybe bots are stupid and it keeps them out, i hope they dont read this)

Hello, I am new to peercoin. To be honest, my friend has convinced me to invest in peercoin and I am here to learn all I can about it since I am investing my money ;).

giving ppc a try

Looking forward to adding some ppc to my coin holdings.

Alright! Posting makes hulk strrrong.

Hey. I am a crypto enthusiast who is wondering if there is anyone around this board who has done tutoring work for hire before? Can anyone recommend somebody who could help walk me through cold wallet loading that i’m confused about? I’m willing to pay for the help. I’ve had a bit of a hard time, all and all.
Thanks. And its a nice site by the way. I’m just in awe of everything to do with these projects. I don’t like Facebook or social media in general i suppose, but this forum makes FB look like popcorn flavored bubble gum. People talking about constructive things! Wow! Wait, you mean i didn’t need to bring these pictures of my cats and this jesus gif to post with me on my first visit?
Jasper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p78Xp6qEpU4 Paper Wallets Walkthrough

Hi All,

Checking out the site and the community.

Thanks

Hi all

Hey. How are you?

Burp! I am Ihor.

[quote=“cflocation, post:136, topic:2890”]Hi All,

Checking out the site and the community.

Thanks[/quote]

So just let us know how did you find it :wink:

Hey there! :wink: