Outdated - Please Upgrade to Peerunity v0.2.1

EDIT: Thread now outdated

Sunny King issued this warning to Peerunity users yesterday…

Peerunity v0.2.1 has now been released by MatthewLM that fixes the problem. You can download it here…

Once done installing v0.2.1, it may be necessary to redownload the blockchain. If you are unsure whether you need to or not, it is best to just go ahead and do it. Just check the following steps for your OS in order to do that…

Linux: Before you start Peerunity after re-install, go to folder ~/.ppcoin and delete all files except ppcoin.conf and wallet.dat. Do NOT delete wallet.dat. This is your wallet containing your private keys.

Windows: Before you start Peerunity after re-install, go to folder C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin and delete all files except ppcoin.conf and wallet.dat. Do NOT delete wallet.dat. This is your wallet containing your private keys. C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin is a hidden folder. You can open the folder with Start menu → Run if you can’t find it.

OS X: Before you start Peerunity after re-install, go to hidden folder. Open Finder->open Menu: Go and type in:
~/Library/Application Support/PPCoin and delete everything EXCEPT wallet.dat

I will wait a couple hours before posting this on social media. Please check it over and let me know whether it’s alright or if anything needs to be added to make it more clear for non-technical people.

larocfra said this in chat…

I got V0.2.1 and downloaded the block chain and it is not keeping up

I closed it and restart it and there 80 block yhat it need to get

Is anyone else having a problem or is the v0.2.1 client working perfectly for them now? I don’t want to post about this if there may still be a problem. I’ll wait to hear from others first.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:3, topic:3881”]larocfra said this in chat…

Is anyone else having a problem or is the v0.2.1 client working perfectly for them now? I don’t want to post about this if there may still be a problem. I’ll wait to hear from others first.[/quote]

Not worry. Just keep pos minting, it will get synced.

well, i can only speak about macosx build, for me it’s working, debug.log shows that sometimes we see forked chains - one for old 0.4.0 (ppcoin/peerunity) and one for peerunity 0.2

it really depends on how lucky you are with peers, does anyone remember the logic for dealing with old protocols? when does the connection drop to them?

and also, i don’t think you need to download from scratch since real chain is longer than the fork.

I you got issues you can add this to ppcoin.conf

addnode=50.107.97.125
addnode=50.172.130.153
addnode=176.9.50.227
addnode=176.9.16.102

You must restart the client after doing this.

[member=890]Sentinelrv[/member]

The reason that larocfra has problems is that large parts of the network is on Peerunity 0.2.0. To fix this we need to get people to run Peerunity 0.2.1 instead…

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:3, topic:3881”]larocfra said this in chat…

Is anyone else having a problem or is the v0.2.1 client working perfectly for them now? I don’t want to post about this if there may still be a problem. I’ll wait to hear from others first.[/quote]

What blockchain explorer is larocfra using to compare the currentness of his blockchain?

At this time I know about 3 blockchain explorers, but only one seems to be correct:

https://coinplorer.com/PPC seems to work fine

https://bitinfocharts.com/ppcoin/explorer/

Checkpoints have just been reenabled. Peerunity v0.2.0 is expected to switch to the correct fork now.

edit: restarting one node seemed to help, not on the other one, redownloading the blockchain helped

i have two one nodes showing

"version" : "v0.5.3-gf01ccea-Peerbox", "errors" : "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers of the issue."

[quote=“irritant, post:11, topic:3881”]edit: restarting one node seemed to help, not on the other one, redownloading the blockchain there now

i have two one nodes showing

"version" : "v0.5.3ppc-beta", "errors" : "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers of the issue."[/quote]

I have the same error message on my 2 nodes v0.5.3.0-gf01ccea-beta
They first appeared in logs this morning at about 5:13 UTC

i was wrong, restarting didnt help (only looked like it did first), i guess redownloading the blockchain will do it

Redownloading blockchain didn’t help. Now I see this message: “WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers of the issue.”
I stopped pool.

SunnyKing please take a look at this. It seems to be quite serious

most likely your connected nodes are stuck too.
It helps to delete addr.dat and restart to get different ip addresses. Might need to repeat that a few times.

[quote=“thehuntergames, post:15, topic:3881”]most likely your connected nodes are stuck too.
It helps to delete addr.dat and restart to get different ip addresses. Might need to repeat that a few times.[/quote]

It didn’t help. My two nodes are stuck on different block numbers: 234679 and 234699
I think the ppc network is broken right now. I decided to stop my pool until situation is solved.

[[/quote]

My two nodes are stuck on different block numbers: 234679 and 234699
I think the ppc network is broken right now. I decided to stop my pool until situation is solved.
[/quote]

Me to, 234612 grrrr

[member=32970]miga[/member] [member=30501]coinotron[/member]
Are you running on windows? If you’re on either a 32bit or 64bit windows operating system (also perhaps any other 32bit system) it’s recommended to cease all transactions and temporarily run on either linux or mac operating system if either of those are an option for you.

Sigmike’s solution to the issue can be found here: https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/pull/117
Sunny has merged this commit to master: https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/commit/e8ce593351231f2e6031f18d4507bef7ee150976

If windows is your only option then it is best to wait for the release of the fixed client. At the rate things are moving It seems that you will not have to wait long.

[quote=“saeveritt, post:18, topic:3881”][member=32970]miga[/member] [member=30501]coinotron[/member]
Are you running on windows? If you’re on either a 32bit or 64bit windows operating system (also perhaps any other 32bit system) it’s recommended to cease all transactions and temporarily run on either linux or mac operating system if either of those are an option for you.

Sigmike’s solution to the issue can be found here: https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/pull/117
Sunny has merged this commit to master: https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/commit/e8ce593351231f2e6031f18d4507bef7ee150976

If windows is your only option then it is best to wait for the release of the fixed client. At the rate things are moving It seems that you will not have to wait long.[/quote]

Thanks. We are on v 5.4.0 - and it seems to be working .

I’m locking this thread to avoid confusion since it’s now outdated.