OmniWallet bounty to be increased by the Mastercoin team

Hey all just thought I would share an email I got from the mastercoin developers for OmniWallet:

[i]I just saw you added Omniwallet to Peercommit and put some nice bounty on it - sweet!
I don’t know whether that is from your personal funds, or from “project funds” of the equivalent of the Peercoin Foundation - but thanks!

We would like to donate BTC & MSC directly to this project. What would you say the best way to accomplish this? I know that BTC and MSC don’t integrate into Peercommit, perhaps we mediate through you.

Also, I think perhaps a touchup of the Peercommit page title & description would help - currently the Peercoin community don’t know Mastercoin, and I imagine they would think we’re asking them to help out on core Mastercoin stuff - while we’re doing something very different - helping integrating Peercoin into a new web wallet.[/i]

Will need to speak to sigmike on the peer4commit page to see if we could have some custom description added easily to the project page. Also i’ll have to set up a mastercoin address :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Hi all, Executive Director of the Mastercoin Foundation here.

I’d like to say that at this point I’m curious about how has peer4commit been doing for other projects, and what is the right mechanism for us to sponsor this project. A few questions:

1. How does peer4commit work with projects that are forks of another project?
    E.g. if our developers commit to the main development repo, and fuzzybear then merges these commits into his fork:
  2. Do the commits of our devs entitle them to funds?
  3. Does fuzzybear’s pull requests entitle him to funds?
  4. How do we make sure that only commits that actually work on the Peercoin integration into Omniwallet are rewarded?
  5. What happens if the project on peercommit and/or fuzzybear’s repo doesn’t get attention, and we want to withdraw some of the funds to another repo where people are working on this integration?

We would love to get involved and sponsor this, I just want to make sure we get the mechanics right.

Hello and welcome ripper234.

If you ever need any spanish translation, drop me a message :slight_smile:

I say this specially to you Fuzzy, as you always have lots of projects!! ;D

[quote=“ripper234, post:2, topic:2065”]1. How does peer4commit work with projects that are forks of another project?
E.g. if our developers commit to the main development repo, and fuzzybear then merges these commits into his fork:
2. Do the commits of our devs entitle them to funds?[/quote]

Yes. Any commit added to the default branch of FuzzyBearBTC/omniwallet will get a tip.

Not the pull request itself. Only non merge commits added to the default branch of the supported projet get tips.
The tips will be given to the email of the author of each commits, wherever they come from.

Not sure what you mean here.
If Fuzzy merges commits that are useless to his fork, they’ll still get a tip.
If he wants to merge only some commits from your repository he’ll have to cherry-pick them and never do a full merge.

The supporters explicitly sent coins to Fuzzybear’s repo so the funds won’t be given to another project.
In an extreme situation where there’s a consensus among the developers and the supporters (if they can provide a signed message for example), I may consider transferring the funds to another project.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:1, topic:2065”]Will need to speak to sigmike on the peer4commit page to see if we could have some custom description added easily to the project page. Also i’ll have to set up a mastercoin address :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear[/quote]
MSC <-> Peercoin exchange Fuzzybear :wink:
Would be great if the donators can just exchange to Peercoins. Trying to understand the issue as we may be able to solve this in another way in the future and make it easier for donators to donate.

Regarding a better description, I already raised an issue/request in this project to provide more information on the peer4commit homepage. Happy to add this. Ideally a description (and other info) would be pulled from the project itself on Github and update from where ever this can be or is pulled from. I noticed that most other projects do have an adequate description so it should be possible. Maintaining custom project descriptions on peer4commit is just another no so great administrative task, I would say. We can do without them. I can tell at first hand as I maintain the OP for peer4commit in the Bounty section to help market peer4commit and its advertised projects.

Hmmm,

Ok so in updating the repo to the latest codebase pulled in some 200+ commits from the Omniwallet devs… I set the default branch as a different one before doing the pull request, but it still paid out all the commits to the devs when I was trying to get it to hold the tips to give for PPC development :confused: happy to see the omniwallet devs get some PPC for their work but want to ensure the project donations go to the PPC development.

@sigmike was there not a feature you were putting in where owner of repo could specify amounts on tips to be sent for commits? would be useful

Fuzzybear

They haven’t withdrawn yet. If they don’t set an address for 1 month the funds will be sent back to the project.

I can still cancel the tips, but I’m not sure it’s a good idea to interfere like this. And they already received an email about the tips. Maybe you can talk to them directly.

Not yet. We’re working on that but it’s quite complex actually. I implemented a solution but it turns out it won’t work in many situations so I abandoned it for now. I think I have another solution and I should start implementing it soon.

And… it’s gone.
@FuzzyBear use

git pull --squash https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/omniwallet.git master git commit -m 'merged official commits' git push origin master
And don’t withdraw tips for this commit for 1 month or take them, resend to the project and publish note with txid :wink:
Here is a result of pull --squash with super3/peercoin.net https://github.com/kac-/peercoin.net/commit/feb06b572d5c0a84644a82817ffd2f48bc3f50b3