NuShares for sale

EDIT: See below.

Lots of 10,000 NuShares are $18 right now if you contact me at the Bitmessage address in my signature. They are not available to the public though. Individuals who have skills that will benefit the Nu network be offered NuShares at this price. Having been of benefit to Peercoin or some other cryptoasset in the past is also relevant. So if interested, write me and let me know what you can do for the Nu network.

For the record, I’m not really pleased about NuShares getting out in wild just yet, though I knew it would happen to some degree at this point in time. Right now shareholders need to manually configure their vote and change it as conditions warrant. That is why you have to be involved to have NuShares sold to you from undistributed shares. Soon shareholders will begin to use automated data feeds to configure their vote dynamically. The idea is there will be many entities trying to convince shareholders that their data feed has values that optimize the network. As the Nu architect, I’ve also begun thinking of ways to punish those who don’t configure their vote at all.

In summary mechanisms to make being a shareholder easier have been planned for six months, but we haven’t prioritized their implementation yet.

Finally shareholder screening times are currently under 24 hours.

Jordan,

Thanks for the information. Bitmessage seems to be pretty much shot, as the entire network is under attack. Today, I received a message that was sent to me over two weeks ago. I’m not sure if any messages are being delivered in a timely fashion. I sent a message over a week ago, requesting to purchase shares, with no reply. Have you received it?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have now received a reply from Jordan via Bitmessage. I recommend that anyone interested in purchasing NuShares contact him directly. Thank you!

For those who start to use BitMessage, my experience with it has been spotty. Sometimes the message is delivered in minutes, judging from how quickly the receiving party answers back. Sometimes a message is not delivered for days. For example a message sent on 17 Sept. is having “Message sent. Waiting for acknowledgement.” in status shown by the messaging program, with a date of 22 Sept. Another message sent on the 19th is having the same status but the date is shown the 20th.

can I get in on some of these? I don’t have much to offer as far as skillset. I can promise that I’d attempt to participate in the voting, etc. to the best of my ability, and would make decisions that I felt were in the best interest for nuBits and Peercoin. If I get all aspergish obsessed with it I might end up writing about it too.

I wouldn’t want very many.

Hi there.
I would like to contribute to spreading NuBits in Japan.
Therefore I would like to become a shareholder of NuShares.
I will send you a bitmessage.

Thank you.

I’ve send Jordan a BitMessage aswell. “Acknowledgement of the message received” popped up about 5 seconds later.

i cannot get bitmessage to work correctly…right now. :frowning:

@ willywithcoinnode Which version did you use?

It takes a while to start up. Be patient :slight_smile:

sent! :slight_smile:

It takes a while to start up. Be patient :)[/quote]

Bitmessage is not really reliable and consistent - thanks for the tip though

No any answers from Jordan Lee.
No in BitMessage, no in PM… :frowning:

@Vitalicus When did you send your message(s)?

willy, have you established communication with Jordan previously at the same address? I’ve noticed that BitMessage seems much faster for messages following the 1st successful message, but I’m not sure why this would happen - it may just be a coincidence.

Also, was your message very short? I sent a 1.2 KB message 2 days ago that is still “waiting for acknowledgement.” Perhaps it is too large?

As an aside, I’ve been running a BitMessage node for 2 days and now have over 100 connections and have processed nearly 23 GB of data just to send this short text message. Am I doing it wrong? ???

[quote=“learnmore, post:15, topic:2910”]willy, have you established communication with Jordan previously at the same address? I’ve noticed that BitMessage seems much faster for messages following the 1st successful message, but I’m not sure why this would happen - it may just be a coincidence.

Also, was your message very short? I sent a 1.2 KB message 2 days ago that is still “waiting for acknowledgement.” Perhaps it is too large?

As an aside, I’ve been running a BitMessage node for 2 days and now have over 100 connections and have processed nearly 23 GB of data just to send this short text message. Am I doing it wrong? ???[/quote]

Yes I did communicate with Jordan on this address. I don’t know if this speeds up anything.

Your message size should be no problem. Bitmessages are 180 mb max.

Bitmessage works the following way (simplified):
You process ALL Bittmessage network traffic looking for a message you can decode with one of your private keys. Same thing applies to the message status. Thus the high amount of traffic.

Only Jordan can tell if he got your message or not. I didn’t hear from him since I wrote him on Bitmessage like 6 hours ago.

i will try to sent him a pm :slight_smile:

Yes, I know; I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek about doing it wrong… I’ve tried BitMessage before, and it always strikes me as ridiculously inefficient. I understand the cost of privacy and pseudoanonymity, but 23 GB of traffic for a 1.2 KB message is just way too much. Plus, there is no incentive for running a full node beyond altruism. I’m going to have to shut mine down in a few days or I’ll get in trouble with my ISP.

A distributed storage and routing system like Freenet would make a lot more sense.

Seki,
My understanding is that Jordan will only reply to BM
I found that BM works eventually, but you have to keep your computer on overnight, or for a whole weekend. It is a slow process, and you have to be patient

WTF ?
I sent bitMessage at 4 AM,
Message recived at 4.51PM ? After 13 hours ?

4 GB - downloaded
8 Gb - updated

BitMessage was not a good idea :frowning: