(NOTE: Old Thread) Peercoin Slogan: "Building a Better Bitcoin"

Probably doesn’t mean much, but I told a co-worker these two slogans…

“Peercoin: The Future is at Stake”

“Peercoin: Saving Energy, Saving Money”

…and I asked him to name which one he might have any interest in. He basically didn’t understand what the first slogan was trying to get at. His response was “Soooooo…?” The second one he said made sense to him at least and might do a better job of catching his attention, especially if it’s something that affects him directly. I would try this out on some people you know to see their response.

Peercoin: A Stake of the Future

Peercoin: Green Gold

“it might cause some controversy among Bitcoiners” I’ll drink to that! :smiley:

“Peercoin, Saving Green Matters”

• Peercoin is a better saving vehicle than bitcoin because of the 1% interest
  • Peercoin is earth friendly

[size=8pt]
Slight modification.[/size]

Peercoin: A Stake in the Future…

(Think I heard it mentioned in that chat room, sounded good)

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:14, topic:550”]Anybody remember this? “Redefining the Nature of Currency” I always liked this one. Nature has a double meaning here.

[/quote]
+1
I dont like the big green latters, but the slogan is nice!
But I would call it:
[shadow=green,left]
Peercoin,
Redefining the Spirit of Currency[/shadow]

Personnally, i dont like solgans like:
the green currency,
because it suggests, that we are just one of many currencies. But we want to be THE currency.

Some cool ideas here. I think the slogan should definitely NOT mention bitcoin, and should highlight some peercoin attribute/niche that’s unique but also can be well understood. So for me something like this might work: Backbone of Crypto Currencies/Assets/Savings or Backbone of Digital Currencies/Assets/Savings or Your crypto/digital Savings and a peercoin logo next to it.

Peercoin: the natural advantage

[quote=“whifmoi, post:9, topic:550”]Platin Coin
Green Energy
Coin full of Energy
Platin Coin - Power of Green Energy
Intrinsic Energy
Green Platin Coin
Coin for all humans, also the poor, how to express this in a positive manner
Platin Coin for a Green Earth[/quote]

internally, the same as solar energy, beautiful

-----ppcoin for a Green Earth

What about one of these?

1. Peercoin, your new checking account!
  2. Peercoin, a world scale currency!
  3. Peercoin, international buying power without the hassle!
  4. Peercoin, the virtual gold standard!
  5. Peercoin, the eco-currency to build the future with!
  6. Peercoin, a world scale eco-currency by the people for the people!

CB

This thread is back from the dead? I just want to make it clear that I no longer support the idea in the original post. I like our current slogan more than all the ones that have been listed here. I think we should keep using it until something better comes along…

“The secure and sustainable cryptocurrency.”

Sentinel, I completely agree. The current slogan is the way to go.

I also agree on “The secure and sustainable cryptocurrency.” being the best slogan out there right now. :wink:

The secure and sustainable cryptocurrency is good. It plugs two of the main benefits to PPC: Secure against 51% and sustainable in the long run. I’m glad we settled on that.

From the others suggested in the thread, I thought the ones with green in them sounded cheesy, except for Green Gold. That one has punch.

I thought something like Cryptocurrency, naturally would have been good but I also think I’ve ripped that off from some other brand.

Now that’s speaking my language. Where as…

"The Green Cryptocurrency"

Or

“Saving our energy, saving our planet, saving our money”

seems overly soft and trite. When i see the word “green” used to describe Peercoin, i think energy efficiency, less capital intensive, not paying the mining tax, working smarter and not harder. LOL, maybe the latter phrase can be adapted into the Peercoin slogan!

Peercoin. Work smarter, not harder.

‘The secure and sustainable cryptocurrency’ is great. It covers exactly what Peercoin is and it’s simple to understand to anyone who knows what a cryptocurrency is.

I liked Peercoin: Green gold

but it is still a little too ambiguous for the common man. How about “Peercoin: eGold”

I disagree with “Building a Better Bitcoin” because it’s not trying replace Bitcoin.

Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc are actually for buying stuff.

Peercoin is for saving.

I’m writing to +1 “Saving Energy, Saving Money”

How about…

Sustainability in decentralization.

or

Decentralized sustainability.

Are those words too big?