No block source available

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get the Primecoin wallet set up today and have had no luck. I just see the message ‘No block source available’.
I’ve looked around and found a few posts suggesting adding certain node addresses, but none of them seem to work. If I look at the debug log, they’re all listed as last seen around 70 hours ago.
Can anyone help me out?

This is becoming frustrating… all day I’ve been watching people talk about mining primecoin and I can’t find a node anywhere that will let me get the damned wallet working.
Can someone plesae post back with some working node ip addresses?

Are you behind some sort of proxy? The dns and seed nodes have been working properly in the last few days.

Nope, no proxy or special DNS settings… Fresh install of the software yesterday. Had it running the last 24 hours.
Log file shows nothing but timeouts with very long last seen numbers.

Try adding this set to your configuration (primecoin.conf)

addnode=208.68.37.41
addnode=129.7.204.114
addnode=198.199.100.118
addnode=87.98.146.72
addnode=88.190.56.58
addnode=78.31.111.116
addnode=198.199.84.246
addnode=197.96.138.8
addnode=96.126.103.94
addnode=192.81.212.113
addnode=198.199.112.141
addnode=192.34.58.127
addnode=31.25.188.219
addnode=54.235.231.242
addnode=175.41.200.152

That worked for me - thanks a lot!

How do you access the config file?

Assuming you’re on Windows:
Type ‘%appdata%/primecoin’ into the run box to get to the right folder.
primecoin.conf isn’t created by default, just create a new file and put your settings in it.

Alas, I don’t know Mac or Linux, so I can’t help if you’re on those platforms.

linux the folder is hidden in the home directory and is called .primecoin

FuzzyBear

I’ve tried adding the nodes to the primecoin.conf like advised yet i still can’t find a block source.

Also tried syncing my time, tried running as admin, made sure there was a firewall exception for the client.

Any other advise ??

add this to the end of your command line -seednode=primeseed.muuttuja.org

1 Like

[quote=“Sunny King, post:5, topic:253”]Try adding this set to your configuration (primecoin.conf)

addnode=208.68.37.41
addnode=129.7.204.114
addnode=198.199.100.118
addnode=87.98.146.72
addnode=88.190.56.58
addnode=78.31.111.116
addnode=198.199.84.246
addnode=197.96.138.8
addnode=96.126.103.94
addnode=192.81.212.113
addnode=198.199.112.141
addnode=192.34.58.127
addnode=31.25.188.219
addnode=54.235.231.242
addnode=175.41.200.152[/quote]

Is there an updated/maintained node list? Some of these just churn at week+ last seen times.

Handy little tip to try in moments like these try an ip lookup on the mining pools… they will be running the primecoin client / daemon… and you should be able to get a starting seed node off them :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

If you are using Windows just use this command in the console window: addnode add . You can access the console window by going to HELP in the client window and opening the DEBUG window then click on the CONSOLE tab and type in the above command and get your ip nodes off this site.

try going to settings/options/network then making sure the proxy tab is not checked and only the upnp is. I had the same issue until I figured this out. It seems to be working just find now. I had a problem with it not being able to uncheck it. Finally I just unchecked it then clicked ok instead of apply and reset it. No problems so far, good luck :smiley:
sin

I had the same issue. “no block source available”. I backed up my wallet.dat file. reloaded the primecoin qt on a different pc and presto, it sycs. now my issues is I don’t know how to import my private keys to transfer my funds ?

if anyone knows how to load a wallet.dat file using xpm wallet, info would be greatly appreciated.

[quote=“primecoinkilla, post:17, topic:253”]I had the same issue. “no block source available”. I backed up my wallet.dat file. reloaded the primecoin qt on a different pc and presto, it sycs. now my issues is I don’t know how to import my private keys to transfer my funds ?

if anyone knows how to load a wallet.dat file using xpm wallet, info would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]
just save the wallet.dat file on the PC with all your coins in to a USB stick… and transfer it to you new PC… I take it you are running windows OS?? if so you want to open a windows explorer and type

%AppData%

this will take you to your Roaming folder… then find primecoin… and in there is your wallet.dat file.

Please make sure you back this file up and save it somewhere as this is where one careless overwrite could loose you all your coins.

Fuzzybear

Thank you. yes, I use a Windows OS. I will try it. I thought it would have an import option like bitcoin wallets. so I got a little lost. I will update when I try. thank you

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:18, topic:253”][quote=“primecoinkilla, post:17, topic:253”]I had the same issue. “no block source available”. I backed up my wallet.dat file. reloaded the primecoin qt on a different pc and presto, it sycs. now my issues is I don’t know how to import my private keys to transfer my funds ?

if anyone knows how to load a wallet.dat file using xpm wallet, info would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]
just save the wallet.dat file on the PC with all your coins in to a USB stick… and transfer it to you new PC… I take it you are running windows OS?? if so you want to open a windows explorer and type

%AppData%

this will take you to your Roaming folder… then find primecoin… and in there is your wallet.dat file.

Please make sure you back this file up and save it somewhere as this is where one careless overwrite could loose you all your coins.

Fuzzybear[/quote]

hi fuzzybear, I have saved my wallet.dat file, and have transferred it to a usb stick, I have tried placing the file on the new pc…but I am not sure how to import it into the wallet ? i don’t see a “import keys” options…if you or anyone else can successfully assist me in importing my backup I will send you 2 xpm coins. thanks in advance.

Hi primecoinkilla,

open explorer and put this in the adressbar:
%Appdata%/primecoin

Overwrite the wallet.dat that is inside of this folder with the one you have on your usb stick.

Edit: if you are overwriting your wallet.dat with the one from the usb you don’t need a option to import your private keys.
Your private keys are whats inside the wallet.dat file.

XPM Adress:
ASaTV7vXkco47Fn86YetWWe5AY73dd1VRB

have fun !