Newbie Questions

It is good to backup as soon as you start using the wallet. So best to backup first. Choose backup wallet from the top menu and save it to an external harddisk or USB disk. Two copies won’t hurt by the way, it is about your PPC.

Not sure why you want peershares, but you can’t buy peershares. You use peershares for a company and issue those shares to the shareholders.

Not sure why you want peershares, but you can’t buy peershares. You use peershares for a company and issue those shares to the shareholders.[/quote]

Thank you, I got it.

:slight_smile:

Alright one last question: if I backup the coins in my wallet right now and then redownload the blockchain where will the new coins that haven’t shown up yet be at? Since they’re not present I’m assuming the backup won’t cover them.

The new coins will already be included in the backup. The backup consists of all the private keys for the addresses contained in your wallet. There is no need to make a fresh backup every time you receive coins. Presuming you continue sending coins to an address that was visible in your wallet at the time of the first backup, all new coins will be “saved” in the same backup even if you never open your wallet again.

If this doesn’t seem to make sense to you, try doing some basic reading on how Bitcoin works, you’ll be glad you did!

Just installed PeerUnity and was impressed by how fast the blockchain syncs. I watched several videos and am not clear about minting.
Does the minting option not appear until I’ve held PPC for 30 days ???
Does the wallet have to be encrypted to mint ???

[quote=“Miasma, post:46, topic:1325”]Just installed PeerUnity and was impressed by how fast the blockchain syncs. I watched several videos and am not clear about minting.
Does the minting option not appear until I’ve held PPC for 30 days ???
Does the wallet have to be encrypted to mint ???[/quote]

If the client is not encrypted then minting happens automatically. However, it is not good practice to leave any cryptocurrency client unencrypted. The “Unlock Wallet for Minting Only” option only becomes available after the client has been encrypted.

You can unlock the client for minting before you’ve held your coins for 30 days, but those coins will not be eligible for minting a block so there is no reason to do this.

How many coins pre month will you get if you have 1000 in the wallet?

+1

It depends on how long it has been since you last moved your coins. The PoS calculator is very useful for this sort of thing (note that the current PoS difficulty is around 11.4).

You will receive about 1% per year, but you might not receive this regularly each month; it will come in portions each time you mint a block. It also takes 30 days before coins become available for minting again, after they have been used for minting a block.

(1000 * 0.01) / 12 = about 0.833 PPC per month.

Google traslate:

Hi, I do not speak English and I can not create a topic and write in Spanish section because it is new. A bit of a pain. Certainly the record for the new account creation is really tortuous for those who do not speak English. All advantages.
I can either chat … in short, a disaster.

I created a wallet in ppcwallet
My wallet is PNvpK8GUNoRKbYsW2xHE3NhRKDGkM6Yfyx welcome donations.
Anyway, I sent a few days ago transfer ppc 1000 and not provided, know why? I even sent a message with the corresponding translation from the form “contact us” and they have not replied. I’m really annoyed with this and the difficulties in communicating.

Thanks in advance.
original:

Hola,no hablo inglés y no puedo crear un tema ni escribir en la sección de españoles por ser nuevo. Un poco rollo. Por cierto el registro para la creación de cuenta nueva es realmente tortuoso para los que no hablamos inglés. Todo ventajas.
Tampoco puedo chatear…en fin, un desastre.

Creé hace un tiempo una billetera ppcwallet
Mi billetera es PNvpK8GUNoRKbYsW2xHE3NhRKDGkM6Yfyx donaciones bienvenidas.
El caso es que envié hace un par de días una transferencia de 1000 ppc y no la envía, sabéis porqué? Incluso envié un mensaje con la correspondiente tradución en el formulario “contact us” y no han contestado. Estoy realmente molesto con esto y las dificultades para comunicar.

Gracias de antemano.

toc toc

idk if ne 1 has asked this question but do I have to have money or a job to start buy Peercoins?

Hola.

Most people trade money for peercoins. A few people do work in exchange for peercoins. A few people buy mining equipment, and mine peercoins. Those are the main ways to get them.

Most people trade money for peercoins. A few people do work in exchange for peercoins. A few people buy mining equipment, and mine peercoins. Those are the main ways to get them.[/quote]
ok so how do I work in exchange for them n would I be able to use them for say like grocery shopping n stuff?

Can someone explain to me how cold minting will work? How will my coins be secure while I am still able to mint (access the internet)? Also, when is cold minting going to be added to the protocol?

Thanks.

I have questions about importing from cold wallets, but I’ll just post them in the chat. Thanks!

If you are looking for a new peercoin mining pool to join, I just started a PPC mining pool and am hoping for some wonderful people to join the pool. The pool fee is just .5%.

Since I can’t list an external link in the post, please just email me or send a private message.

A little about myself:

I have wanted to make a pool for some time now, but until two days ago it was just a thought. I lost my job of 7 years and decided to make the pool a reality.

If you have questions just shoot me an email