New Peercoin Video LAUNCH ideas and procedure

Should we contact Overkillcoin to find out if there is anything we need to know before we do this? I wonder how difficult it will be to get the words to line up so the timing is consistent with the previous video.

Yes. Even if synchronization is perfect, there will be work needed to blend the existing sound effects into the new narration and to change the narrator credit at the end. This won’t be free.

Oh well the sample link doesn’t work for me :-/

Not quite yet. We’re still doing voice samples. If we find some one we like, then we’ll run it by overkillcoin to see what the reprocussions are…

Here’s the possibilities:

a) Overkillcoin will be fine with it, and charge a fee to rework the voice into the video

OR (more likely)

b) He may respond that Jabun and his voice talent will be offended, so it will be a no-go (at which point we will have to go to PLAN B which I can offer up only if we hit this)

OR possibly

c) Overkillcoin and jabun may be fine with it, if we work the audio in the timeline ourselves, and as long as the credit for audio is adjusted in the title screen.

Either way, none of A), B), or C) should stop us from doing auditions for a female voice talent if our community has decided that for “This video” or any “future video”, we would like to have a suitable female narrator.

Ok, here’s an audio sample of a different female speaker I have access to via a friend.

It was only the first take. Her tone or excitement can be amended if need be… I find this first take to be a little monotone, not excited enough.

For convenience, we’re comparing it against Stephanie Murphy:

I find Stephanie’s to be a little too exciting, almost creepy. So we have 2 different extremes, one not excited enough, and the other one a creepy excited.

This stuff isn’t easy, and my apologies to the female artists if they are reading this. :slight_smile: I couldn’t do better, I know it’s hard.

Still like Stephanie’s voice better. :slight_smile:

Thanks. It’s always good to pick between two. I hope more people share their opinion too.

i haven’t heard the voices yet. i was thinking about a voice like the ones in the hot lines!
well not so extreme but think about it. the majority of coin users are men >:D

Stephanie is the clear winner in my opinion. Her voice sounds serious, confident, and professional. This will give the video a higher level of credibility. I think it’s a day and night comparison, and Stephanie’s involvement brings ancillary benefits that I mentioned previously. That said, the narration we have now is OK and I doubt a switch to a female voice will make the video go viral or move the needle on Peercoin adoption.

We have to be lucid and look at ethereum for example…

You are reviving a very old thread. But now you are on to it, the video has almost received 40,000 views on Youtube, just another milestone to celebrate.

Why are you shilling eth so hard?

Because it helps me understand my own failure and they will go PoS soon – anyway

You should head on over to their forums then.