New Peercoin Video LAUNCH ideas and procedure

I agree that changing the narrator voice is unlikely to make the video go viral. That said, I do like the idea of substituting a female voice. My suggestion is Stephanie Murphy from Lets Talk Bitcoin:

The reasons are: i) provides the video with high visibility because of her connection with LTB (Adam B Levine, Andreas Antonopolous), ii) she understands the crypto-space at an expert level and would thus give PPC a pseudo-endorsement, iii) her voice is nothing short of amazing. She might even be cheaper and willing to accept compensation in PPC.

I’d have to hear the voice to decide. The original voice wasn’t great.

[quote=“sportscliche, post:42, topic:2459”]I agree that changing the narrator voice is unlikely to make the video go viral. That said, I do like the idea of substituting a female voice. My suggestion is Stephanie Murphy from Lets Talk Bitcoin:

The reasons are: i) provides the video with high visibility because of her connection with LTB (Adam B Levine, Andreas Antonopolous), ii) she understands the crypto-space at an expert level and would thus give PPC a pseudo-endorsement, iii) her voice is nothing short of amazing. She might even be cheaper and willing to accept compensation in PPC.[/quote]

+1

I feel its important not to loose overkill on this as he is the video creator but we should be really happy with the video if we are paying good money for it.

I agree that the voice of a female is something that can attract new users, the devcoin community had videos that did very well as a woman was giving the presentation / talk… shame the context of the video was all over the place but the underlying issues raised in this thread were tackled by having a female voice.

I feel we are lucky to have females in this community and would be nice to see one of them step forward for this role / bounty as we know they have a vested interest in peercoin already. but this not necessary.

I feel also that as hard as we try to go viral off one video will most likely not happen but we need to do all we can to get as many people to see the video and we are doing better at that from the newsletters and posting to media outlets when we have new media material or announcements.

Fuzzybear

That would be totally awesome and kind of unheard of even :-O.

Yes I agree totally. The viral think would be cool, but I believe the value in the video is that it serves as a good video to show to people who have heard a little about Bitcoin but not Peercoin and are open to learn more.

It might be slightly better with a female voice, but I’m not sure it would be worth the time and money to change it at this stage.

As pillow said, a video like this is probably never going to go “viral” (there’s not even a single cat in the whole video :smiley: ).

At least personally, I only ever have a quick watch of these kind of videos, just as an introduction to the topic before moving on to do more in depth reading/research. I don’t think the average person is going to spend as much time considering every detail like we are. The most important thing is to have a professionally-made video that makes the project look serious; the video we have already ticks that box.

Also, the number of views doesn’t seem so bad when you compare it to the Namecoin video that was released a couple of months before it, but has less views.

A few people seem to think that a new voice would be good, so you could probably raise the money to pay for it. I’m just thinking that it might be better to focus that attention on development, or some other marketing-related project.

Ok, it appears the best way of making that final decision is to hear that free paragraph being read, and see if we like it… :slight_smile:

I’ll try and get on that next.

I have to admit, looking over the video now, the voiceover currently used doesn’t seem to fit. Maybe you’re right. If we did this though, as others have said I don’t think this should be about trying to make it go viral as that’s most likely not going to happen for this type of video. It would rather be about making the product better.

[quote=“sportscliche, post:42, topic:2459”]I agree that changing the narrator voice is unlikely to make the video go viral. That said, I do like the idea of substituting a female voice. My suggestion is Stephanie Murphy from Lets Talk Bitcoin:

The reasons are: i) provides the video with high visibility because of her connection with LTB (Adam B Levine, Andreas Antonopolous), ii) she understands the crypto-space at an expert level and would thus give PPC a pseudo-endorsement, iii) her voice is nothing short of amazing. She might even be cheaper and willing to accept compensation in PPC.[/quote]

I didn’t know about Stephanie before your post, but this seems like a good idea. I listened to a video on youtube and she does have an excellent voice. That, plus the connections and possibly even a cheaper price would make this something we should at least look into. Here is the video I listened to…

I agree that there’s room for improvement on the current voice. I think it’s a good idea to explore our options.

i would agree that this isn’t a viral video and i wouldn’t be in favour of spending any more money on it as i think it fits its current purpose. i did post this a while back if people want to give it a go for size though…

Just an update, I’ve been told that we have a voice sample coming soon for us to see what we think.

(Already recorded)

I’ll be posting a link shortly.

I contacted Stephanie Murphy (see link above for sample clips). She has agreed to re-do the video narration and will give our community a discount for paying with Peercoin. Fixed price of 240 PPC. Can do it in one day and start the week of Dec 15.

looking forward …

How would we go about doing this? Does she require payment first, or can we hear a sample? What exactly would she need and how do we implement the new voice in the video? Will we need to contact Overkillcoin to help with this?

She has agreed to do an audition sample for us. I told her we wouldn’t need a new script, just a re-narration. Getting her voice (or any new narrator) on to the existing video will have to involve overkillcoin. Otherwise, we’ll lose all the sound effects, which I assume we don’t want to do. That’s going to add to the cost.

Some of the comments here would suggest a better version of the video: Reddit - Dive into anything

Also note that Overkill would have to change the narrator name in the credits; this is animated text that appears right at the end of the video.

If I were to be very honest I would say a big problem with the video is that it follows in the cheesy footsteps of the bitcoin video. It doesn’t have a grown-up professional feel about it, and it seems to try to copy the style of the bitcoin video too much, and I did not like the style of the bitcoin one. Though this is just my opinion which is probably useless.

The video was build to attract existing Bitcoin owners, so that’s why it is a little cheesy. It is good to see the community care and making an effort to improve it, but I really think we shouldn’t spend a lot of money on it. When cold minting and/or side chains are available for Peercoin, I would say it is a good time to invest in another video with a different broader target group.

In any case, I think @overklillcoin should be contacted when we want to proceed with another narrator regardless whether it can technically be done without him. But let’s see how we go. Looking forward to the sample and an indication of the total cost including the audio remix.

I think its a useful comment. I mean, if you feel like that then others also feel like that.
Maybe there is value in having many different kinds of videos, with different look and feel to them. Depending on the audience, one would show them the video that one thinks is most appropriate to get the message across.