New Peerbox user- How to mint?

Okay So I have a peerbox running now and my address but when I checked the info it said that the blockchain was out of data :omg: . What do I need to do to have it up to date also if I send coins to this address will they automatically start minting or is there some command I need to ssh? Confused please help! :smiley:

Hi, welcome to club.

It will take from 15 to 24h to sync the blockchain, be patient.

Once ready, you have to decide will you import your existing wallet.dat into Peerbox or sent the coins to Peerbox. If you choose sending coins to Peerbox you will loose accumulated coin age. If you choose to import existing wallet.dat you will save coin age but have bad time with command line Linux. However, I hope I have simplified this procedure so it wont be so painful.
Once you decide what to do with those coins, ask here for solution.

command to start minting is:

mintbox

Thanks! I sadly lost my coins, I had bout 18 coins and sent them to my debian with Peerunity and the filesystem isn’t loading. Is there anyway to recover that wallet.dat or should I just buy some more and send to this new address?

It could be possible, depending on amount of damage your Debian install took.
Was that install in some Virtual Machine or full install on disk?

But yeah, it is hardly worth to spend time recovering 18 PPC. If you have means, you should use this low prices and acquire some coin.

[quote=“peerchemist, post:4, topic:3390”]It could be possible, depending on amount of damage your Debian install took.
Was that install in some Virtual Machine or full install on disk?

But yeah, it is hardly worth to spend time recovering 18 PPC. If you have means, you should use this low prices and acquire some coin.[/quote]Yeah I figured it wouldn’t be worth it, one last question is there anyway to enable a wifi dongle on peerbox? Say I have it hooked up via lan plug a wifi dongle into a usb port, ssh into it and somehow connect it via wifi?

Using wifi dongle is basically plug&play for most of devices.

After you plug it in run this command to connect to wireless:

wifi-menu -o

If you have a backup of your wallet or your private keys you still have the coins.