New Marketing Strategy

I like the Stake-Governed version the most!

1 Like

Great. Now unless somebody comes up with something better, this is what Iā€™ll be pushing for. I understand it may not be the flashiest sounding thing, but it accurately describes the network, which is what we want. We want people to read it and immediately know what Peercoin is. Itā€™s proof of stake. Stakeholders govern the network. Itā€™s sustainable. Itā€™s the first blockchain to introduce all these ideas. Thatā€™s a lot of meaning packed into a small phrase.

ā€œStake-Governedā€ really narrows the focus to crypto-enthusiasts - is that what weā€™re going for?

The more technical the wording, the narrower the audience. All my suggestions have been in the spirit of reaching a wider audience.

e.g. ā€œfairā€ over ā€œx-governedā€ many people donā€™t understand the details of the governance issues, but they can understand the value of fairness. Itā€™s also a much more ancient and deeper idea in the collective consciousness than ā€œstakeā€, ā€œuserā€ or even ā€œgovernedā€.

I think we should be standing on the ideas of fairness, sustainability, and history.

We have 2 out of 3 of these already, although ā€œfirstā€ doesnā€™t give any indication that the chain has been running for 5 years, which is a huge deal.

3 Likes

Alright, you make a good point here. We need to make sure we take into consideration what audience weā€™re trying reach. Right now weā€™re focused more on the tech people and developers I think, where long-term we want to get everyone on board once crypto is more mainstream than it is now.

We could possibly use a narrower slogan now and then when we feel the time is right, switch later on to appeal to a broader audience. Or if you want to pick and only use one, then you can use the slogan for the broader audience and hope that it is enough for people to read past it in order to gain a better understanding what fairness means.

If you want to nail all three qualities, then the slogan would need to beā€¦

Fair and Sustainable Since 2012

I know I said it wouldnā€™t be good to add on the date at the end, but I felt that was more because I didnā€™t want the phrase to be too long. If you drop all the technical words then it is much shorter as shown above.

1 Like

I like this.

I agree what has been said above about governance and @zattack point that it shoots at really narrow public.

However, I must ask following. What do we say when someone asks why is this chain more fair than chain x?

In that case how about we just say:

The Longest-Running PoS Blockchain

Enthusiasts already know the benefits of PoS

I understand the view points stated above. To me ā€œfairā€ is a very general word. Every time I hear ā€œfairā€ I take it with a grain of salt, cause nothing is fair!

Not sure if that does Peercoin much justice in regard to itā€™s other qualities. But you may be on point, that is the public that will seek us. The people who already know about PoS and what it means for the decentralized network.

Yea, if weā€™re going for that crowd that is the biggest selling point over other coins and the one that no one can copy - weā€™ll always be the longest-running!

This is good. Or The Long-established PoS Blockchain

I like this. It sounds good and targets the people who already know what PoS is and its benefits. We would need to do a two stage process though. Target the narrower audience right now and then when the time is right rebrand it to target the broader general public.

However I would drop the dash as itā€™s not neededā€¦

The Longest Running PoS Blockchain

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

I agree.

May we use ā€œProof-Of-Stakeā€ over ā€œPoSā€ though?

Will it be too long then? Also, do people usually use the dashes? I used to but stopped.

The Longest Running Proof-of-Stake Blockchain

The Longest Running Proof of Stake Blockchain

Which do you prefer?

When I was trying to come up with slogans earlier in the thread, I was doing it from the viewpoint that we needed to explain to people what our network is and what it does in the slogan itself. However, I neglected to take into consideration that Ethereum has already taken charge in that department and converted a lot of minds over to PoS. This means we have less explaining to do than when Peercoin originally released, since lots of people already know what it is, therefore there is less reason to provide lots of details in the slogan.

We only need to ride on the work Ethereum has already accomplished in making more people aware of PoS and its benefits. Instead, we need to one up them by establishing in peopleā€™s minds that Peercoin is the longest running PoS chain and invented the protocol. Most people became interested in PoS after Peercoin had already sunk low on CoinMarketCap, so they donā€™t realize that we invented the entire concept. This slogan rides on the proof of stake hype and establishes us as first in the marketplace to introduce it.

1 Like

What about ā€œOrigin of PoSā€ or ā€œOrigin and Future of PoSā€

I think what @zattack came up with is more natural sounding.

Yes it is, but I donā€™t think that it is catchy enough.

How about dropping the word ā€œblockchainā€.

Peercoin - The Pioneer of Proof of Stake

It is short, memorable, and even has some alliteration.

6 Likes

@river, I think this is much better. I was concerned about what @hZti said myself. @zattackā€™s slogan while accurate, was a little too long and not very catchy sounding. Origin of PoS didnā€™t sound much better either.

This is short and catchy when said aloud. Itā€™s actually gotten stuck in my head due to the alliteration you mentioned, which means itā€™s more fun to say than the others. It also conveys the same exact meaning, that Peercoin was the first and is a pioneer in the world of proof of stake. I would like to go with this if others like it too. I donā€™t think youā€™re going to be able to find a much better alternative.

2 Likes