NeuCoin distribution program to PPC holders

[quote=“Gin, post:53, topic:3463”]Wow! No love from Dogecoin :-*

[quote=“ppcman, post:52, topic:3463”]The one sentence that annoyed me was this one in their Strategic Plan posted on their website:

Strategic Advisors include […] the core developer of Peercoin.

[size=12pt]the[/size] core developer of Peercoin.

As if you are THE core developer of Peercoin. There’s no Sunny King, there is no one else doing commits, just you.[/quote]

I replied to Dan’s message in the Dogecoin thread and asked him to make it clear in his strategic plan that Michael is NOT the creator of proof-of-stake or Peercoin. This is very misleading. Everything I see from these people reeks of fakeness, using half truths and pretending to care about other communities by offering them bread crumbs. It’s very disappointing to see play out. I’m glad not everyone is falling for it. Here is my reply…

Hi FuzzyBear!
Here are the different threads on this subject that you can check:

Maybe not a standing ovation, but certainly not so strong negative reactions :slight_smile:

[quote=“ppcman, post:52, topic:3463”]One request. It’s a technicality, so hopefully you can advise Neucoin of it.

The one sentence that annoyed me was this one in their Strategic Plan posted on their website:

Strategic Advisors include […] the core developer of Peercoin.

[size=12pt]the[/size] core developer of Peercoin.

As if you are THE core developer of Peercoin. There’s no Sunny King, there is no one else doing commits, just you.[/quote]

Hi ppcman and Sentinelrv, agreed that this should be definitely corrected. I’m sorry for any previous posts on our part that were making this mistake.
I’ve been looking for occurrences of “Peercoin” in our Strategic plan and couldn’t find any mention of Sigmike as being the creator of Peercoin and proof-of-stake. Please let me know if I’m wrong, as it is indeed something that needs to be corrected.

I’m very sorry you are feeling this way, and I’m not sure how this “reeks of fakeness” comes from. Maybe we haven’t been communicating or available so far to answer your questions. It’s fine if you do not believe in the NeuCoin project, no harm in this :slight_smile: But so far, I think we’ve been here to truthfully answer comments (positive and negative).

[quote=“Dan Kaufman, post:39, topic:3463”]It is amazing how PPC holders have the exact opposite view of that expressed by holders of BTS, NXT and XPY. Truly fascinating from a psychological/sociological perspective.
Other communities are like: “free money? great, thanks!” “You’re spending time and money defending and promoting PoS… thanks!” and “What else can we do together?”[/quote]

Hi FuzzyBear!
Here are the different threads on this subject that you can check:

Maybe not a standing ovation, but certainly not so strong negative reactions :)[/quote]

Just wanted to add the XPY/Paycoin forum link, as it was the missing one of those mentioned. Also, it made me chuckle.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/36608/neucoin-distribution-program-to-paycoin-holders/10

Jackson Palmer is a bitch!

https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/591272772652830720

[quote=“Sandrine, post:55, topic:3463”]Hi ppcman and Sentinelrv, agreed that this should be definitely corrected. I’m sorry for any previous posts on our part that were making this mistake.
I’ve been looking for occurrences of “Peercoin” in our Strategic plan and couldn’t find any mention of Sigmike as being the creator of Peercoin and proof-of-stake. Please let me know if I’m wrong, as it is indeed something that needs to be corrected.[/quote]

Do a search for “Strategic investors include”

Find where it says “the developer of Peercoin” <— this is the problem

Change to this: “one of the Peercoin developers.”

This will give the notion there are multiple Peercoin developers (it’s true), and not just one.

If I had it my way, I’d even say:

“one particular developer who has previously contributed to Peercoin’s code”

That’d be even more politically correct.

Ok thanks ppcman, I will see that it is changed.

I also saw Sentinelrv’s post on our forum:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/the-inventor-of-peercoin-proof-of-stake-is-not-an-advisor-for-neucoin-please-alter-the-text-in-your-strategic-plan/580

"Hello, in your strategic plan Michael Witrant is listed as a strategic advisor on your team. The title listed under Michael’s name is “Peercoin Core Developer.” While this title is correct within the Peercoin community, Sigmike is not “THE” core developer. He is “A” core developer. Sunny King is the architect behind proof-of-stake and Peercoin, not Sigmike.

Your current text is misleading people into thinking that the creator and architect of Peercoin is advising the Neucoin team, which couldn’t be further from the truth. People unaware of Sunny King will take “Peercoin Core Developer” to mean that Sigmike is the creator of Peercoin. This is misleading and we in the Peercoin community do not appreciate these marketing half truths. I have been approached about this by people in our community who are angered about it, so we ask that the Neucoin team change the title text or add on to make it absolutlely clear that Micheal is not the creator of proof-of-stake or Peercoin."

I’ll see about this change. Our wording is indeed:
Michaël Witrant
Peercoin Core Developer

We never thought this would be misleading, this indicates in no way that Sigmike is the inventor of Proof-of-Stake or the sole developer of Peercoin. Anyway, our goal is to collaborate with you, so we’ll see how this can be rephrased so that it suits the Peercoin community.

ppcman’s wording suggestions are most preferable. It’s not that we don’t appreciate Sigmike. It’s that we want there to be absolutely no confusion about who is advising Neucoin. It cannot in any way appear that the head or core developer of Peercoin supports Neucoin.

Sandrine - You (and yours) have been extremely cordial even in the face of hostility. It’s refreshing to see.

Thank you.

I’m very sorry you are feeling this way, and I’m not sure how this “reeks of fakeness” comes from. Maybe we haven’t been communicating or available so far to answer your questions. It’s fine if you do not believe in the NeuCoin project, no harm in this :slight_smile: But so far, I think we’ve been here to truthfully answer comments (positive and negative).[/quote]

Maybe I have been too judgemental here. After all, there is no way for me to prove that your marketing team intentionally tried to mislead people, but I still have my suspicions after all the Paycoin type scams we’ve seen. Another aspect of fakeness is that it appears (at least to me) that your attempt to reach out is not genuine and only an attempt to co-opt other communities by trying to seduce them with free coins. Again, I only have suspicions and no proof. This is my opinion. Regardless, thank you for working with us to alter the text.

[quote=“emeth, post:61, topic:3463”]Sandrine - You (and yours) have been extremely cordial even in the face of hostility. It’s refreshing to see.

Thank you.[/quote]
Thank you emeth!

I understand the crypto community’s suspicion after all the altcoin projects that abused the trust of the community’s members. It makes our project even more challenging - besides the normal aspects of executing our strategy. But it’s part of it, and we’ll do our best to answer all your questions and be available for any debate or discussion around any aspect of the project. I’ve promised to give answers within 48 hours to our forum members - not sure I’ll be able to do so on external threads, but will do my best along with the rest of the team.

Our way of seeing this offer (which really is only an offer for now, we wanted to gather the feedback of the PPC community on this) is quite different: we saw this as a good way to associate our two communities. A community member of bitshares described it in a pretty good way:
“At the same time future Bitshares community DACs could agree to sharedrop on NeuCoin to further strengthen community alliances.”
NeuCoin distribution program to Bitshares holders (Reply #3)
But again, you are free to not be a big fan of this offer.
Have a good weekend!

By the way, I’m taking care of changing our docs either this weekend or on Monday.

I can see how competing companies can strengthen their positions by working together and together become the strongest (cartel). I don’t understand how competing crypto currencies can do that. I hold Bicoins and Peercoins. I think they are mutually exclusive. I dont have a problem with that, on the contrary its diversification.

Probably I’m just ignorant, but because I think like this, of course competing coins trying to raise capital on other forums… well… there is nothing wrong with it, but I can’t think og it as reaching out a hand. It’s about getting the money and possibly the human capital.

NuBits did it differently. They pay Peercoines as dividends on NuShares. That way there was something to gain for Peercoin.

Perhaps you could tie NeuCoin to Peercoin in a similar way?

Hi ppcman and Sentinelrv, I made the changes today. I found only one occurrence of “the” peercoin developer, or place that would mislead anyone in thinking that Sigmike is the creator of Peercoin or proof-of-stake.
If you find more, let me know, if you can just indicate the name of the section, it would greatly help! Thank you for your patience.

I admire your marketing strategy which is very well structured and efficient. However, I have a few concerns regarding the underlying concrete things.

Your whitepaper states the theory and maths behind (what seems to be) the perfect crypto-currency. On the paper, you did a very good job. But did you actually already implement Neucoin?

Since the Neucoin source code (if it exists) is not publicly available… Could you, at least make the checksum of your genesis block publicly available? This would provide both a guarantee and an evidence that the Neucoin blockchain exists (it will be easily verifiable in the future). And I am sure, this will reassure the people who are buying Neucoins at the moment and eventually boost your sales.

Seems like another PayCoin to me! Next thing you notice is that NeuCoin also has some guy named Josh in their ranks giving out empty promises, just as it was with Butterfly Labs and PayCoin.

Aww I remember josh from butterflylabs, met him at a bitcoin meetups once, nice guy on the surface, a miner at heart but quick to tow the party line to make company profits or deceive more customers or speak without actually saying anything.

Please don’t tell me it was the same josh in paycoin, zurlands was surname or something, I stayed well out of the whole paycoin antics so no first hand experience.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Aww I remember josh from butterflylabs, met him at a bitcoin meetups once, nice guy on the surface, a miner at heart but quick to tow the party line to make company profits or deceive more customers or speak without actually saying anything.

Please don’t tell me it was the same josh in paycoin, zurlands was surname or something, I stayed well out of the whole paycoin antics so no first hand experience.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

It was not the same Josh :smiley: just a bizarre coincidence

With all the issues surrounding this coin (skepticism, accusations, negative reception), I would say that the Peercoin community has a vested interest to officially distance itself from NeuCoin until it proves itself. If there’s so much as an inkling of perception that PPC is somehow affiliated to this coin, it could effectively kill it right along.
https://np.reddit.com/r/neucoin

[quote=“fishb0ne, post:71, topic:3463”]With all the issues surrounding this coin (skepticism, accusations, negative reception), I would say that the Peercoin community has a vested interest to officially distance itself from NeuCoin until it proves itself. If there’s so much as an inkling of perception that PPC is somehow affiliated to this coin, it could effectively kill it right along.
https://np.reddit.com/r/neucoin
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/348wdz/thanks_to_all_you_people_spotted_the_gaw_garza/[/quote]

I have previously posted negative things on Twitter and Facebook as well as ask them to change the text on their website (which they did). Plus there is this thread, so there’s a lot we can point to that say we have nothing to do with them. The only association is Sigmike. I’m not sure if he’s done anything else with them since answering some questions, but I told him in an email that if it starts to look like it really is a scam, that he should publicly denounce them to avoid reputation damage.

No innovation. A peercoin clone. No release. 96% Premine - sounds like Paycoin without Josh