Need Hoster for PoS minting

I’m searching for a hoster, to run ppcoin-qt and PoS minting on (Linux prefered). If possible outside USA, GB, Australia, Kanada.

Why? I feel that individual nations could easiliy let ports scan through the national internet providers. They could disclose property, or shut off the respective ports or the full internet access.

I would feel better to have an alternative anywhere in the world. This way the PoS protection would run smoothly also on holiday, and perhaps the reduction of electricity consumption outperforms the cost of the hoster.

I know, it is too early yet, because version 0.3.0 allows money withdraw in the state of minting without a password. The highest challange to me is, that nobody from the hoster employees can catch the long secure password of the wallet by a keylogger. This should be solvable by using ssh.

Any suggestion?

So you’re proposing that somebody create a solution to have a centralized entity hold your wallet for proof-of-stake mining in a secure fashion? Wouldn’t this be the same as a *nix computer running a shell account for users running Jail, and enable you to fully configure your own account via SSH.

Yes, something like this. I had time to think about this a little bit. It must not be a Virtual Machine, since it could be compromised from the virtualisation host, through a memory scan. It must be a physical system, which is more expensive of course.

Is there a way to figure out how to encrypt the protocol?

With the remote access to this host one has to ensure that passwords cannot be caught. Therefore it is necessary to use a widely accepted secure protocol such as ssh (secure shell), and nothing from the hosting provider.

Perhaps it is best to install the operating system yourself, because you never know if the preinstalled os is compromised.

maybe a native BSD installation, with a custom frontend to make it more user friendly. Store all user data in a salted hash. all communication secured via SSL by reputable CA, such as Verisign or Trustwave. Also can run Cloudflare free for basic utilites.

If this proves feasable and sucessful, the something like Cloudflare enterprise can be added for DDOS and RDDOS protection.

its an interesting idea, but it would require a team of security-oriented individuals to implement sucessfully.

@Csgod0

I’m not sure if we speak about the same. My intention is running the wallet with proof-of-stake minting not at home but anywhere.

maybe, or maybe I’m jumping at the wrong area.

You mentioned PoS minting anywhere. To me, that means something like a blockchain.info solution, where your wallet is hosted, and free to be locked and mint PoS blocks, and secured in such a fashion that only the individual who established it has access. This would allow you to move uptime responsibility, including reliability to the provider, and mean that your coins can just sit and mint in the “cloud” so to speak.

Am I following your question? if not, I don’t intend to threadjack you.

Yes, you are right. I want to get prepared against a sudden blockade of my PoS minting wallet, for any reason. Then I want to switch quickly to an alternative host, that I can trust in.

I’m also interested in your idea, and think that with some more fleshing out, could become a viable tool, and potentially lucrative. ( charge a very very small fee for hosting your PoS minting, to cover upkeep, and depending on volume, might make a few coin)

I’d be happy to work up a proposal with you.

[quote=“Csgod0, post:10, topic:306”]I’m also interested in your idea, and think that with some more fleshing out, could become a viable tool, and potentially lucrative. ( charge a very very small fee for hosting your PoS minting, to cover upkeep, and depending on volume, might make a few coin)

I’d be happy to work up a proposal with you.[/quote]
ignore

to each his own. ??? I think you have a genius idea and I offered to be involved.