Need help with geeting my wallet updated?!

My wallet seems to never update blocks even after I downloaded 0.5.4. I open my QT wallet and it tells me it is stuck on a certain block. (In the lower left corner it says “WARNING: Blockchain redownload recommended approaching or past v0.5 upgrade deadline.”) I have many active connections to the network, but it stays stuck at block 204613. I have already deleted everything and reinstalled 0.5.4 again, and replaced my wallet.dat file. It shows my addresses, but it still says the same WARNING in the lower left corner. Any help would be appreciated.

What operating system are you on and is it possible that you have multiple data directory paths?
I believe seeing “WARNING: Blockchain redownload recommended approaching or past v0.5 upgrade deadline.” means that the client you’re using is still running on v0.4 protocol.

Just to make sure, in the client go to help > debug window > and verify that the version is in fact v0.5.4

Here is some information about specifying your data directory
https://wiki.peercointalk.org/index.php?title=Data_directory

Hope this helps.

[quote=“saeveritt, post:2, topic:3919”]What operating system are you on and is it possible that you have multiple data directory paths?
I believe seeing “WARNING: Blockchain redownload recommended approaching or past v0.5 upgrade deadline.” means that the client you’re using is still running on v0.4 protocol.

Just to make sure, in the client go to help > debug window > and verify that the version is in fact v0.5.4

Here is some information about specifying your data directory
https://wiki.peercointalk.org/index.php?title=Data_directory

Hope this helps.[/quote]

I checked and it says version 0.2.2. How do I change that? Sorry for noob questions. Appreciate the help.

No problem.
You’re using Peerunity 0.2.2 client, which is fine.
Are you on windows?

[quote=“saeveritt, post:4, topic:3919”]No problem.
Are you on windows?[/quote]

windows 8

[quote=“ppcdan, post:5, topic:3919”][quote=“saeveritt, post:4, topic:3919”]No problem.

windows 8[/quote]

Make sure the data directory Peerunity is directed towards is the one where you’re deleting the files from. (Don’t delete wallet.dat and ppcoin.conf)

[quote=“saeveritt, post:6, topic:3919”][quote=“ppcdan, post:5, topic:3919”][quote=“saeveritt, post:4, topic:3919”]No problem.

windows 8[/quote]

Make sure the data directory Peerunity is directed towards is the one where you’re deleting the files from. (Don’t delete wallet.dat and ppcoin.conf)[/quote]

Maybe I am missing something in my ppcoin.conf?
This is everything in my ppcoin.conf:

ppcoin.conf configuration file. Lines beginning with # are comments.

Network-related settings:

Run on the test network instead of the real peercoin network.

#testnet=0

Connect via a socks4 proxy - default none

#proxy=127.0.0.1:9050

Accepting incoming connections

listen=1

UPnP

#upnp=1

Use as many addnode= settings as you like to connect to specific peers

addnode=78.8.188.249
addnode=46.101.61.246
addnode=68.192.124.81

… or use as many connect= settings as you like to connect ONLY

to specific peers:

#connect=69.164.218.197
#connect=10.0.0.1:8333

Maximum number of inbound+outbound connections.

maxconnections=64#ppcoin.conf

JSON-RPC options (for controlling a running ppcoind process)

#Server mode allows Qt to accept JSON-RPC commands
server=1

You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api

rpcuser=—
rpcpassword=—

#The reserve balance field is the minimum amount of coins you want to have available and NOT put up as stake.
#The reason for this is that if you are generating proof of stake you cannot spend those coins for 520 blocks.
#reservebalance=10000

This shouldnt be a problem with the .conf file. Check the data directory

C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\

If you used peercoin-qt and peerunity there might be two folders. One named “ppcoin” and one “peercoin”. For safety, make a copy of your wallet.dat and then deleted all the files in “ppcoin” and “peercoin”, besides wallet.dat / ppcoin.conf

After that you should sync on the correct chain.

hello, is there a command to the ppcoin 5.04 console to see if the wallet there are problems?
thank you

[quote=“gaiard, post:9, topic:3919”]hello, is there a command to the ppcoin 5.04 console to see if the wallet there are problems?
thank you[/quote]

‘getinfo’ will provide some useful information such as block height and number of connections. The “errors” parameter should alert you if your checkpoints are too old.

[quote=“learnmore, post:10, topic:3919”][quote=“gaiard, post:9, topic:3919”]hello, is there a command to the ppcoin 5.04 console to see if the wallet there are problems?
thank you[/quote]

‘getinfo’ will provide some useful information such as block height and number of connections. The “errors” parameter should alert you if your checkpoints are too old.[/quote]

I performed “getinfo”
errors" : “WARNING: Blockchain redownload recommended approaching or past v0.5 upgrade deadline.”

I can not fix this error

It looks like you need to clear out your data folder and re-download the blockchain. Did you follow the discussion at the top of this thread?

[ol][li]Stop the client.[/li]
[li]Find your data directory (https://wiki.peercointalk.org/index.php?title=Data_directory#Default_Location)[/li]
[li]Delete all files and folders inside except wallet.dat[/li]
[li]Re-start client and wait for re-sync[/li][/ol]

[quote=“learnmore, post:12, topic:3919”]It looks like you need to clear out your data folder and re-download the blockchain. Did you follow the discussion at the top of this thread?

[ol][li]Stop the client.[/li]
[li]Find your data directory (https://wiki.peercointalk.org/index.php?title=Data_directory#Default_Location)[/li]
[li]Delete all files and folders inside except wallet.dat[/li]
[li]Re-start client and wait for re-sync[/li][/ol][/quote]
Yes I saw that page, but with windows 10 is different, the path of the folder is PPCoin: OS (C:) \ Program Files (x86) \ PPCoin.

I need to delete this folder?

I have to delete the contents of this folder?

I have already tried to do have to uninstall, and then … to the installation of ver. 5.4

It does not work the same.

surely mistaken passages

I am pretty sure it is NOT (C:) \ Program Files (x86)\ PPCoin That where the program is installed.

Go to Start -> Run (or press WinKey+R) and run this:

%APPDATA%\PPCoin

this is the folder where blockchain data resides and also your wallet.

also read this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

[size=36pt]OKKEY[/size]

PENSO CHE FUNZIONI TUTTO…

GRAZIE