Moving peercointalk and wiki under the umbrella of the website?

What do you all think about moving peercointalk and the peercoin wiki into the website - rather than being a link out to a separate site.

For instance: instead of peercointalk.org have the domain as www.peercoin.net/talk

And instead of github/blahblah have the domain as www.peercoin.net/wiki

And then I would advocate getting the branding colors to be consistent.

Feel free to shoot down. Thoughts?

I think this is the best route to take. That way there aren’t three different addresses for people to remember and visit. What’s more, people visiting the forum will be able to link to the main website with one click, so they can see news or other things. Both ppcointalk.org and peercointalk.org can be forwarded to peercoin.net/talk or peercoin.net/forum.

Maybe the header on the forum could have all the same links as on the main website. Right now there’s just Home, Wiki and Forum, but that will increase as more features are added to the website. That would make everything even more consistent.

I fully support that idea as well. Loving the attention to branding you’ve been bringing up hammy.

[quote=“hammyburger, post:1, topic:546”][…]
Feel free to shoot down. Thoughts?[/quote]

I second this. Great idea!

I agree that we should put everything under the Peercoin.net domain. Peercoin.net/forum would be a little difficult to do because they are both on separate servers, unless I was to host the forum as well. However I could very easily create a sub-domain like forum.peercoin.net and wiki.peercoin.net

Anyone think about SEO?? and what this will do to page rankings?? one reason i wanted to keep ppcointalk.org as had it since week 2 of peercoin released, as all the google SEO rankings and history search terms, as was going onto my peercointalk domain was able to jump through google hoops to get history and analytics passed on to the new domain, but don’t think we wll be able to do this off a subdomain with other content not on the forum. Can try a few things out but domain changing is not something to be doing many times and just done it once. we will never knock peercoin.com off top spot howwe are going about it.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:6, topic:546”]Anyone think about SEO?? and what this will do to page rankings?? one reason i wanted to keep ppcointalk.org as had it since week 2 of peercoin released, as all the google SEO rankings and history search terms, as was going onto my peercointalk domain was able to jump through google hoops to get history and analytics passed on to the new domain, but don’t think we wll be able to do this off a subdomain with other content not on the forum. Can try a few things out but domain changing is not something to be doing many times and just done it once. we will never knock peercoin.com off top spot howwe are going about it.

Fuzzybear[/quote]Fair point about the SEO. I know some tricks about that. Send me a PM or email and lets figure out how to merge Peercointalk and the Peercoin.net domain.

Agreed on SEO and not switching things.

But, if we take some smart steps on peercoin.net we could position ourselves in a much better place to unseat peercoin.com.

If we don’t have an SEO wordpress plugin we should get one on there. I know of one called “All in One” SEO pack. This will allow us to easily insert meta tags on all content that is created. Over time, if we have a site that has good meta tags across the board we should be in a good position.

It sounds like Super3 might have a magic switch as well.

I say keep peercointalk.org as it is. The main website can link to it. If I have to choose the Cathedral (all in one domain organized by one “committee”) and the bazaar (many interesting services from different domain and parties), I will choose the bazaar – diverse and robust.

Thanks MHPS.

I like the idea of diverse and robust but I would still vote for the cathedral because it demonstrates a unified community and would consolidate content for better SEO. But probably not a huge deal.

Up to the rest of yall…

[quote=“hammyburger, post:10, topic:546”]Thanks MHPS.

I like the idea of diverse and robust but I would still vote for the cathedral because it demonstrates a unified community and would consolidate content for better SEO. But probably not a huge deal.

Up to the rest of yall…[/quote]

That’s pretty much my reason for supporting this. It consolidates all the information in one place so it’s easy for people to learn and get active.