Missing coins

I received a message from @tycoon - he has downloaded v0.6, the blockchain has fully synced, and the wallet shows historical transactions (greyed out). However, the wallet balanced reads zero when there should be some in there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is, and how it can be fixed? Thanks.

Is there a transaction number or wallet address that you can plug into a block explorer? Maybe you need to wait a bit longer for confirmations. If you can’t find it on the block explorer, the transaction never occurred.

Try -rescan

Same issue here. I downloaded 0.6.1 for Linux and deleted/resynced the blockchain. Transactions are there and verified using blockchain explorer, but balances show 0. Were you able to find a solution?

Hi, Whereismycoffee

No solution as yet - @tycoon has not got back

However, @Nagalim suggests -rescan. I am not sure how to do this, so googled it and found this link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171390.0

It says:
++++++++++
Assuming you mean WINDOWS 7 you:

1. Create a shortcut for bitcoin-qt on your desktop.
  2. Right-click the shortcut and select properties.
  3. In the field labeled Target type -rescan on the end.

P.S. default is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe” so the target field would end up looking like
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe” -rescan.
+++++++++++

However, I would let Nagalim comment on this advice before attempting it, in case there is something different about the Peercoin client.

Yup, that might help. Not sure it’s the solution, but it won’t hurt to try.

Found a solution.

1. Open the debug window from the help menu.
  2. Switch to the console.
  3. Type “repairwallet”
  4. Type “getbalance” - should now show proper figure.
  5. Restart GUI

When I opened the console and typed “check wallet”, there were some issues which “repairwallet” appears to have resolved. Hope this helps.

1 Like