Minting block not accepted but still displayed in Peerunity and waiting for conf

I’ve just minted a block a few hours ago that failed to integrate the blockchain (another block was minted a few seconds after or before me).

In the Transaction tab I can see the transaction reward with “0 confirmations” and a question mark that shows it has not been confirmed by anyone.

In the Minting tab I can see both my two transactions resulting from minting and the initial transaction that is still gaining coinstake (issue that has already been reported here: https://github.com/Peerunity/Peerunity/issues/142).

In the main tab I see the minting reward in “recent transactions” only but in light gray (which means unconfirmed). Everything else looks ok (I mean my total amount of coins is still there and available, and there are no coins “locked”).

My only concern is when I check the details of the transaction there is a text that says that if the minting transaction failed to integrate the blockchain, then the transaction will be marked as “not accepted”. But when does this happen? Should I restart Peerunity?? It’s been several hours now.

Thank you.

Your block is orphaned and will not be added to the block chain.

This usually happens, if someone announces his block just a few seconds before you. His/hers will get accepted into the block chain, yours will not.

It will remain in Peerunity, unless you do a -rescan.
At least that’s my experience…

[quote=“willy, post:2, topic:3274”]Your block is orphaned and will not be added to the block chain.

This usually happens, if someone announces his block just a few seconds before you. His/hers will get accepted into the block chain, yours will not.

It will remain in Peerunity, unless you do a -rescan.
At least that’s my experience…[/quote]

Thank you Willy, I’ll restart Peerunity then and see how it goes. However, in the Transaction description it is said that it will be marked as “not accepted”. But that hasn’t happened yet.

Edit: Just restarted Peerunity, apparently the two transactions resulting from the orphan PoS block now just vanished from the Minting table (I’m gonna create an issue for that too, it’s not normal that Peerunity cannot do that by itself and needs to be restarted). However I can still see my unconfirmed transaction reward… we’ll see if it gets marked as it is stated in the description (“not accepted”) after a few hours/days.

and the more connections you have with the network, the fewer the orphaned
pos blocks you may find. this is my experience

[quote=“seki, post:4, topic:3274”]and the more connections you have with the network, the fewer the orphaned
pos blocks you may find. this is my experience[/quote]

I see this is pretty common then :).