[MF] Redesign of Peerbox website - Approved for funding

Contact Information:

Peerchemist of peercointalk, PM on forum

BM: BM-2cXQnjMwKbvvhBUM851Ujx62utxn5auXV7

Submission date:

Summary:

Design a high quality website to represent Peerbox project.

Details:

Time has come to push on representation of Peerbox project, after over six months project is reaching mature stage and it is time to make use of it to promote Peercoin and our community. In last few weeks there is rise in popularity of the site so I must conclude that people are interested. Website is important part of PR of any project, so Peerbox must get a proper one.

Site has already been moved to faster web host and ssl was enabled, today I have finished re-implementing the backend. This time in python based static site generator - http://blog.getpelican.com/ which will enable me easy maintaining the site.

The plan is to raise funds and hire professional to make decent looking site that can run on Pelican platform (CSS/bootstrap).

Target audience:

All visitors to Peerbox.me
Also, site can be used as marketing tool by posting links on reddit.com or raspberry pi dedicated forum communities.

Budget:

cca. 500$

(my assessment based on few job offers seen on various sites)

Which will be split 50/50 among Peerbox fund on Peer4commit and Marketing fund.

So, I ask for 250$ equivalent in PPC.

Deadlines:

Ten to fifteen days after it is funded.

Metrics:

Cloudfare provides information on unique requests for site in time frame.

Payments:

I will handle the payment to the person who accepts the job. Funds can be kept in their original funds until the job is finished.

Good to see another proposal. That reminds me that I need to kick-off voting for the fundkeepers as River333 and myself live on borrowed time.

Anyway this request is in the category marketing of Peercoin related services so I will focus on that with my questions.

1. Can you provide some figures on the number of views you have currently? It would be good to evaluate later whether this has increased.

2. Do you have a sketch or some non-technical quality criteria on what you want to achieve with the overhaul?
    In other words, with what result would you be happy?

I suggest that we discuss this request for the next 5 days before the voting starts. @Peerchemist does that sound right to you?

Okay, I do not mind the discussion.

[code]Last 7 days

476 Page views

378 regular traffic

74 crawlers/bots
[/code]

1. I have some sketches, okay not sketches but I have templates I like.

If you visit here you can see a lot of templates: http://pelicanthemes.com/

I like blue-penguin and pelican-simplegrey and imagine them with Peerbox logo in top and colour scheme matching Peercoin but solarized.

I like the templates you like, but they are for a blog right?

Yes, they are for blog. And that is style I like, blogish website style.

@peerchemist, thanks for your reply. You already have reasonable numbers, I think, at least more than I expected.
Like the themes and the blog-style.

Given the low amount of responses it looks like your proposal is a no-brainer. Maybe we get a few more over the weekend…

Why not integrate the Peerbox website to the Peercoin website?

Instead of having an entirely different domain name, why not make it under our current network?

Peerbox.Peercoin.net

It will be advantageous for a number of reasons.

I’m looking at this in an online marketing point of view.

Just my two cents.

+1, I would see PeerBox as part of the Download section on peercoin.net.

But I think peerchemist needs his own website to post stuff about its work (wiki, tutorials, etc.) → We also have this: http://services.peercointalk.org/

+1, I would see PeerBox as part of the Download section on peercoin.net.

But I think peerchemist needs its own website to post stuff about its work (wiki, tutorials, etc.) → We also have this: http://services.peercointalk.org/[/quote]

Thanks for the link.

I read somewhere that someone is working on a blog for the site.

Which would be great since it will help our SEO.

Also, if we have a blog section maybe Peerchemist could become one of the contributors?

He could talk about his updates there as well.

I like this idea actually, to merge the sites: peercoin.net/peerbox

I still want my blog however, that can serve as propaganda tool for technical people (I do this already by posting my tutorials on tech sites.) And blog can provide more direct and more detail information about the Peerbox from developer point of view.

Does anyone else think this is good idea? If so, proposal must be edited.

TheWildHorse was working on adding the blog to peercoin.net but that was quite a while ago, I’m not sure whether it is still happening. I’m also not sure whether TheWildHorse is still being paid by super3’s funds to maintain the site or is doing it in his free time now, so that may impact things.

I think peerchemist being a contributor to a blog on peercoin.net is a good idea though. There probably wouldn’t be many other posts apart from general news, so I think peerchemist would be free to post as often as he wants.

Does this mean that it would be the same colour scheme as the current peerbox.me? I don’t really like the green colour used there, the green on peercoin.net is much better in my opinion. If it has to be solarized then the cyan is slightly nicer.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

It will be advantageous for us in the long run that is why I wanted it integrated in the main site.

Although, I would prefer the url to be Peerbox.Peercoin.net

Since Peerbox is a brand itself even though its part of the Peercoin ecosystem.

Its an amazing innovation and should be recognized by our peers.

I still want my blog however, that can serve as propaganda tool for technical people (I do this already by posting my tutorials on tech sites.) And blog can provide more direct and more detail information about the Peerbox from developer point of view.

Does anyone else think this is good idea? If so, proposal must be edited.

I hope you reconsider this position.

Our current web traffic (peercoin.net) is abysmal.

According to Alexa, we currently stand at 358,103.

I believe we should start doing our SEO.

A good way to start is by adding content to the site more often.

Once we do that, we could use it as a value proposition when we start doing our link building.

Hence, you will be helping the community in the long run — even though you already done a lot. :wink:

@peerchemist, my apologies, I left you hanging a bit, as I thought it to be appropriate to finish the fundkeeper election first.
Now both River333 and I are officially elected we are good to deal with new proposals.

Anyway, by now we are past the discussion period we agreed for this proposal at submission. So it is now your decision whether to go forward.
Do you think you can finalise your proposal and have either myself or River333 start the voting or do you need some more feedback and time for discussion?

Does this mean that it would be the same colour scheme as the current peerbox.me? I don’t really like the green colour used there, the green on peercoin.net is much better in my opinion. If it has to be solarized then the cyan is slightly nicer.[/quote]

Okay, I do not feel some specific attachment to present colour scheme. We can test some others too.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:13, topic:3254”]@peerchemist, my apologies, I left you hanging a bit, as I thought it to be appropriate to finish the fundkeeper election first.
Now both River333 and I are officially elected we are good to deal with new proposals.

Anyway, by now we are past the discussion period we agreed for this proposal at submission. So it is now your decision whether to go forward.
Do you think you can finalise your proposal and have either myself or River333 start the voting or do you need some more feedback and time for discussion?[/quote]

No problems. I am very busy at the moment, and would prefer if we move on this late this week (friday?). But voting can start now.

I am not sure what to propose now. There were some ideas, but none was properly discussed and we lack feedback from almost everyone in community. I do like the idea of merging with peercoin.net but that would just complicate things now.
Once main site gets blog, I can just post some stuff there.
Also, when Peerbox matures some more we can place it in download section of peercoin.net

So, yeah. I want to stay with original proposal.

Hm. Peerchemist, it depends on how you see your project.

If you think, that Peerbox has become so important, that it’s now a core feature of Peercoin, it would be okay to promote and host it on peercoin.net.

Otherwise, I would let things be how they are at the moment. I don’t see a real harm in Peerbox having it’s own documentation and distribution infrastructure.

Ok then. The voting period lasts 3 days so the deadline will be 5.30 PM UTC on Saturday 24th.

Anyone with an active account created more than 3 months before the start of voting and with a karma of 5 or more may vote.

You can vote with a “yes” (indicating you are in favor of this proposal receiving funding), or a “no”.

All voters are encouraged to add a voluntary explanation why they voted yes or no so future submitters can improve their proposals and assess their chances on success.

Please vote now!

vote: yes

Vote: Yes

Peerbox increases the amount of full nodes making Peercoin more secure

Vote: yes

Vote: Yes

Same reason: