[MF] Market Peercoin by making it official currency of NEW political party

I don’t agree with this. Many projects can start locally. A polical compaign can generate a lot of publicity. Even international publicity.

What concerns me is a political compaign tends to divide people, polarize images, and draw lines between things. We are not talking about car racing here. That is a baggage Peercoin want to carry long after the event? The proposer doesn’t inspire confidence in his/her ability to unite people’s opinion, either.

Sorry I see risks over benefit as the proposal stands.[/quote]

agreed, if any, arrr :pearcoin:

I don’t agree with this. Many projects can start locally. A polical compaign can generate a lot of publicity. Even international publicity.

What concerns me is a political compaign tends to divide people, polarize images, and draw lines between things. We are not talking about car racing here. That is a baggage Peercoin want to carry long after the event? The proposer doesn’t inspire confidence in his/her ability to unite people’s opinion, either.

i will have to agree. a coin should not be connected with political parties or parties of any kind. it can be just used but not
sponsored or connected. a coin is supported only by a party called “the world”
in any case my friend you don’t have to get permission by anyone of any plans you have.
if you need funds then you can start crowdsale of some kind

What concerns me is a political campaign tends to divide people, polarize images, and draw lines between things. We are not talking about car racing here. That is a baggage Peercoin want to carry long after the event? The proposer doesn’t inspire confidence in his/her ability to unite people’s opinion, either.

I think you are trying to make hay without the sun here. If you are claiming political polarization is an issue, I think you have not thought it through. Okay, the polar reaches of this would be, people wanting to return to a tried and true manual balloting system that minimizes (relatively) the ability to tinker with the voting process and on the other side would be the people who want technology to do the job and want to trade the security of their self determination so it can count the results faster. The BEAUTY of this party is, it includes EVERYONE. With the dual party affiliation, this is not a party exclusive issue. You have an opinion about it no matter which traditional party you are in. Globally. It is a concept of accountability that everyone in a democratic society would and will want to embrace, especially after the importance is explained to them… If there is any “polarity” it will be skewed to the benefit of Peercoin. Let’s see, now your downside is alienating the people who want electronic balloting and willing to exchange potentials of fraud, for “speed” and “ease”.

And it’s not like association in anyway diminishes you. In fact with the recent Silk Road event, crypto currencies have taken a hit and are probably the tarnished element (if you want to get historical about it). Honest and fair vote taking in our democratic process? Which side of that image are you not comfortable with? That is about as Mom and apple pie as you can get.

[quote=“Ben, post:14, topic:2616”]We’re over thinking this? The onus is on you to make a compelling case why people should agree to send you 3200 PPC from a communal fund.

Potential long-tail brand recognition may be useful as a marginal activity for Coca-Cola, but it certainly isn’t how they spend their primary marketing budget.

Please detail how the 3200 PPC would be spent and what funds that amount would be added to that you’ve already raised for the project.[/quote]

When you factor in that the people who are contributing to these ideas are probably large holders of PPC (as I don’t see anyone else hardly that excited about it - so the buck and a half price, while Bitcoin enjoys North of $600) and probably mined it themselves so got it at discount from current dollar valuation. The upside is, it could take PPC to $5. Downside, hmmm other than a few million impressions on FaceBook, MySpace and Google for a couple thousand bucks, I am hard pressed to really find one (other than the apparent lack of vision in this community and those who care to comment - all four of you LOL).

Inspire confidence??? It was your job first to provide a forum of ideas and do the uniting. Don’t look for me to come do your job to! At least maybe I’ve “inspired” the conversation.

I’ll have to check, I didn’t see that in the template of questions you provided (idea must come with primer on “how to win friends and influence people”). Fortunately membership in The Party of the Paper Ballot doesn’t require my approval, it’s open to everyone. Puckering up to kiss your hiney should not be a requirement of this one. LOL

You asked for ideas, not to win your approval. We don’t have to like each other to agree we want honesty in the political process. If I had realized making all of you my best friend was part of a good idea, I would have reconsidered even offering it. I call it like I see it and if it makes some people uncomfortable, that doesn’t make it unreasonable.

i will have to agree. a coin should not be connected with political parties or parties of any kind. it can be just used but not
in any case my friend you don’t have to get permission by anyone of any plans you have.
if you need funds then you can start crowdsale of some kind[/quote]

Cool my friend, that is the most relevant comment I have had to date. You can lead a horse to water but you just can’t make them drink. I already told them their money is no good here. As I said they will enjoy the benefit; but, won’t be a part of any viral activity. That just makes overwhelming good sense to me.

if you need funds then you can start crowdsale of some kind[/quote]

I like it.

My understanding is that the marketing fund should be for peercoin directly. Fpressly’s proposal is more a case of sponsorship to assist a cause that, while no doubt worthwhile, only benefits peercoin indirectly and subsequently. In my view, this rules fpressly’s proposal out (sadly)

[quote=“fpressly, post:24, topic:2616”][quote=“Ben, post:14, topic:2616”]We’re over thinking this? The onus is on you to make a compelling case why people should agree to send you 3200 PPC from a communal fund.

Potential long-tail brand recognition may be useful as a marginal activity for Coca-Cola, but it certainly isn’t how they spend their primary marketing budget.

Please detail how the 3200 PPC would be spent and what funds that amount would be added to that you’ve already raised for the project.[/quote]

When you factor in that the people who are contributing to these ideas are probably large holders of PPC (as I don’t see anyone else hardly that excited about it - so the buck and a half price, while Bitcoin enjoys North of $600) and probably mined it themselves so got it at discount from current dollar valuation. The upside is, it could take PPC to $5. Downside, hmmm other than a few million impressions on FaceBook, MySpace and Google for a couple thousand bucks, I am hard pressed to really find one (other than the apparent lack of vision in this community and those who care to comment - all four of you LOL).[/quote]

You employ an odd style of persuasion. You also are making wildly incorrect assumptions about the individuals who contribute to the community.

I expect you’ll have more luck pitching this to the Darkcoin or Bitcoin communities; best of luck.

[quote=“Ben, post:29, topic:2616”][quote=“fpressly, post:24, topic:2616”][quote=“Ben, post:14, topic:2616”]We’re over thinking this? The onus is on you to make a compelling case why people should agree to send you 3200 PPC from a communal fund.

When you factor in that the people who are contributing to these ideas are probably large holders of PPC (as I don’t see anyone else hardly that excited about it - so the buck and a half price, while Bitcoin enjoys North of $600) and probably mined it themselves so got it at discount from current dollar valuation. The upside is, it could take PPC to $5. Downside, hmmm other than a few million impressions on FaceBook, MySpace and Google for a couple thousand bucks, I am hard pressed to really find one (other than the apparent lack of vision in this community and those who care to comment - all four of you LOL).[/quote]

You employ an odd style of persuasion. You also are making wildly incorrect assumptions about the individuals who contribute to the community.

I expect you’ll have more luck pitching this to the Darkcoin or Bitcoin communities; best of luck.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m sure you are right. One has to assume the cheese tastes very similar to how it smells, so if they are incorrect assumptions they are well earned. Besides have you not read, the proposal was retracted. I told you to keep your money. This is all chin music where everyone chimes in and tells you what they think.

Since you think I am making “wildly incorrect assumptions” when the only assumption I made was that the people pushing PPC, probably own PPC. Hmmm you’re right that is a bit of a stretch of an assumption to make.

I am waiting breathlessly to read the other ideas put forward here. Slideshows so far.

India has a very effective electronic voting process. Peercoin has also had a very stable transaction history with reference to price and conversion. I use peercoin like a crypto savings account. This being said, it looks to me like you are looking for startup money to push your political agenda. I do not believe that this is the proper place for that, please try a crowdfunding site such as indiegogo. I also believe that your conduct has been very childish and unprofessional. I would highly suggest that if you do desire to launch a political party, that you be less confrontational to your benefactors. We could just as easily use the money to buy advertising, 3k+ PPC will buy a lot of page impressions, or clicks.