[MF] Market Peercoin by making it official currency of NEW political party

I am going to tie PeerCoin to the birth of a new political party with PeerCoin as it’s official currency.

1. I don’t know if this is in the right place. Hopefully the mods can move it for me if not.

2. check and check

3. July 3, 2014

4. Visit ThePartyofthePaperBallot.US

5. All registered voters who believe the “new” mechanical computerized methods of collecting votes is subject to unscrupulous practices. A Paper ballot goes further to protect us than any “modern” method.

6. One time cost of 3200 PPC. Web development, setting up the party on social media, Hosting and URL costs. Facebook and Google advertising ads.

7. To be implemented immediately and grow exponentially. Just as the Tea Party took off with millions joining. I think The Party of the Paper Ballot and it’s official currency Peercoin will take off.

8. Metrics are provided by Google and Facebook as to impressions and click throughs.

9. Take as long as you need to realize the potential here. Not many people will disagree that electronic voting will be our undoing and will steal the last vestige of our democracy.

10. Make PPC Payments to PNhBv2o7fEYsA7xGcAMxjDiAz5hZcBQZFd

Ok, I can’t take this serious. We could wait for it, couldn’t we. Not sure if this is meant to be funny or just ordinary spam. I can’t take this serious in its current form though.

At least you will need to provide a contact detail and elaborate why we should spend community PPCs on this before I spend more time on this. Given the size of the request I suggest you also provide some references of your credibility and why you think YOU can make this work.

political party in what country?

:snickering:

I’m sorry, but I have to vote against this proposal. I don’t see a connection between the use of PPC and a movement towards paper ballots. I don’t think this is a good use of the Peercoin Marketing Fund.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:2, topic:2616”]Ok, I can’t take this serious. We could wait for it, couldn’t we. Not sure if this is meant to be funny or just ordinary spam. I can’t take this serious in its current form though.

At least you will need to provide a contact detail and elaborate why we should spend community PPCs on this before I spend more time on this. Given the size of the request I suggest you also provide some references of your credibility and why you think YOU can make this work.[/quote]

Can’t take this seriously? Apparently you weren’t around when the Tea Party started in a living room. I filled out all the relevant information as the template described. Because it is a simple idea, I am not sure what else you need to know. Basically PeerCoin will ride on the coat tails of a new political party. Just because you are not cognizant of the risks to our democracy that electronic voting machines represent, doesn’t mean the rest of the world won’t get it. This is a very serious issue. It always amazes me how people poo poo ideas just because it shoots over THEIR head.

On Facebook alone there are 7,683,327 Tea Party members. Imagine if you had been there when that movement started and were their official Alt Coin for them. $2000 is a big request? I thought it pretty low budget for the enormous potential. You gotta think outside the box and be creative. If nothing else send up a test balloon. I’ll set up a Facebook campaign, throw a couple hundred PPC at a Facebook campaign and look at the metrics and decide if it is a worthwhile association.

To not take any idea you have solicited as “worthwhile” of your time. Maybe someone with a little more time would be a better fit for the job.

Maybe you should start answering my questions if you want to be taken seriously.

…and maybe you don’t know but Peercoin is international. Tea party is something local US business, I’m personally not very interested in it as you probably wouldn’t in Chinese or European politics. So I guess if you want to succeed with your proposal you better make sure it appeals to a wide number of members of this international community. But it is your choice.

You have 15 days for discussion until -electronic- voting on this proposal starts. Please check the charter of the fund for further details.

That’s okay I withdraw the proposal. If I had known the attitudes I would be encountering, I probably wouldn’t have wasted my time getting involved with your little charade. Thanks anyway. I hope you greet other peoples efforts with a little more diplomacy.

And yeah I think the concept of the paper ballot reaches anywhere in the world they have elections. The whole point is accountability in the voting process and not setting yourselves up to have the most precious thing we have, left open to manipulation, and that is the ballot box. With an honest ballot box, we can remove tyrants. David’s can kill Goliath’s.

It kinda surprises me the people who are setting themselves up to be judge and head cute comment maker in this “competition” should put out some ideas of their own so we can all tell them how stupid their ideas are. If you are too thick to understand how this appeals to the masses and how ANY exposure is GOOD exposure for PeerCoin and how association at entry level of anything gives the most upside. If I have to explain all that, maybe they need to take another vote.

Oh and by the way. I’m gonna do it anyway. You will gain the benefit of my efforts; but, you’ll not be a part of it. Good luck with your slides shows. That would have been my next choice.

I also might mention to those of you who have ideas. The one idea that will make PeerCoin more desirable than even Bitcoin?

Paypal became the leader in it area of service because it was able quickly convert peoples “stuff” to usable cash hard cash. If I wish to sell someone something on Ebay I can have spendable hard cash in seconds. They bridged that gap of converting “stuff” to gass for your car. Set up properly you can literally have cashback at Walmart within 10 seconds of the sale being paid for with credit card or Paypal.

The cryptocurrency that figures out a way to get it from PPC/BTC to hard cash in your hand in ten seconds (or even an hour) will walk away the winner. If someone could set up like a Paypal; but have the ability to absorb orders within a certain time frame and push cash out the other end. BINGO! That’s what people desire. fluidity of value between crypto currency and things they want. They don’t mind owning or getting into it, until it becomes a multi-step thing that becomes cumbersome. Ring that bell and you have a winner!

[quote=“fpressly, post:7, topic:2616”]That’s okay I withdraw the proposal. If I had known the attitudes I would be encountering, I probably wouldn’t have wasted my time getting involved with your little charade. Thanks anyway. I hope you greet other peoples efforts with a little more diplomacy.

And yeah I think the concept of the paper ballot reaches anywhere in the world they have elections. The whole point is accountability in the voting process and not setting yourselves up to have the most precious thing we have, left open to manipulation, and that is the ballot box. With an honest ballot box, we can remove tyrants. David’s can kill Goliath’s.

It kinda surprises me the people who are setting themselves up to be judge and head cute comment maker in this “competition” should put out some ideas of their own so we can all tell them how stupid their ideas are. If you are too thick to understand how this appeals to the masses and how ANY exposure is GOOD exposure for PeerCoin and how association at entry level of anything gives the most upside. If I have to explain all that, maybe they need to take another vote.[/quote]
Starting to smite me won’t help your case much. I’m challenging you on your proposal as I’m supposed to do and you are failing the test. You don’t need to convince me. Ultimately it is NOT River333 or me who make the decision but this community, but you might have missed that in the charter. We are both voted in by the community for this role. The community will vote for your proposal.

I’ll take note that you withdraw the proposal and therefore voting on this proposal won’t take place.

[quote=“fpressly, post:7, topic:2616”]That’s okay I withdraw the proposal. If I had known the attitudes I would be encountering, I probably wouldn’t have wasted my time getting involved with your little charade. Thanks anyway. I hope you greet other peoples efforts with a little more diplomacy.

It kinda surprises me the people who are setting themselves up to be judge and head cute comment maker in this “competition” should put out some ideas of their own so we can all tell them how stupid their ideas are. If you are too thick to understand how this appeals to the masses and how ANY exposure is GOOD exposure for PeerCoin and how association at entry level of anything gives the most upside. If I have to explain all that, maybe they need to take another vote.[/quote]

Hold up, let’s start this one over again, shall we?

I have a feeling that what you’re asking for is a bit different than what people had in mind when the Marketing Fund was created. That’s not to say that it isn’t a reasonable request, but you’re going to need to provide a lot more information before people are comfortable with the concept.

The primary question that I have for you, after reviewing the proposal, is why is Peercoin a good fit for The Party of the Paper Ballot? I’ve read the information available on the site, and can imagine how it would appeal to some people, but isn’t there a fundamental disconnect here? You’re trying to use Peercoin, a decentralized, pseudo-anonymous digital currency as a way to reach people who’s political desires are to undo years of digital voting systems and move back to an analog paper ballot for each election held.

Isn’t there a conflict of ideologies going on here? It’s quite possible that I’m missing the point, and that there’s a very large demographic that would identify with both Peercoin and the paper ballot movement, but you’re going to have to come out with very compelling results from surveys that show it before I’m going to be convinced.

Your request for support is a fair one, but the community’s response (to date) is also fair. You are new to the community and the proposal that you submitted was lacking in details in a number of key areas – primarly, what is the ROI for Peercoin? Is this going to be 100s, 1000s, 100ks, or more impressions? Do you expect that The Party of the Paper Ballot-backed candidates would be using Peercoin as a talking point and using their political connections to lobby for cryptocurrency?

Let’s start with the basics and then work up to how you arrived at the requested PPC number.

just my 2 cents, the reason why to use paper ballot is that electronic voting can be hacked, using blockchain technology you can safely vote in an electronic way, this would be like the electronic paper ballot

well that not actually a bad thought. The problem with any electronic voting is that just like all those hundreds of thousands of peoples credit card information that has been compromised and banks hacked and the NSA outed, they are all susceptible to external influences so why not a computer based election machine vote taker thingy mabob?. Quite easily I might add. Multiple bios with pre-programmed results to release on cue. They claim they are “monitoring” the machines; but, that is the fox guarding the hen house as “they” are the ones most likely to tinker with them. That would be the bureaucracy that stays on and runs things president after president. You know, the REAL man behind the curtain. LOL

There is no reason we should have gotten away from the original methods of taking votes. We have moved to the electronic world for a reason and it’s not just because it is more just or correct. My understanding that only the time it takes for the poll workers to count them is the difference. Well personally I don’t want to give up the right to SEE the results of the election in a format I understand and can visually verify because the poll worker is too lazy to count a paper ballot and wants to push a button for their results. Then push another button for a recount. They much matter of having a “printout” but that only means it prints out what it was instructed to not some gospel o something.

@fpressly

I agree that some of the current solutions for electronic voting is too centralized and easily corrupted. The blockchain provides a solution for this. If you want to save your democracy I think that your time is better spent on this initiative:

http://www.wolf-pac.com/

[quote=“Ben, post:9, topic:2616”][quote=“fpressly, post:7, topic:2616”]That’s okay I withdraw the proposal. If I had known the attitudes I would be encountering, I probably wouldn’t have wasted my time getting involved with your little charade. Thanks anyway. I hope you greet other peoples efforts with a little more diplomacy.

Hold up, let’s start this one over again, shall we?

I have a feeling that what you’re asking for is a bit different than what people had in mind when the Marketing Fund was created. That’s not to say that it isn’t a reasonable request, but you’re going to need to provide a lot more information before people are comfortable with the concept.

The primary question that I have for you, after reviewing the proposal, is why is Peercoin a good fit for The Party of the Paper Ballot? I’ve read the information available on the site, and can imagine how it would appeal to some people, but isn’t there a fundamental disconnect here? You’re trying to use Peercoin, a decentralized, pseudo-anonymous digital currency as a way to reach people who’s political desires are to undo years of digital voting systems and move back to an analog paper ballot for each election held.

Isn’t there a conflict of ideologies going on here? It’s quite possible that I’m missing the point, and that there’s a very large demographic that would identify with both Peercoin and the paper ballot movement, but you’re going to have to come out with very compelling results from surveys that show it before I’m going to be convinced.

Your request for support is a fair one, but the community’s response (to date) is also fair. You are new to the community and the proposal that you submitted was lacking in details in a number of key areas – primarly, what is the ROI for Peercoin? Is this going to be 100s, 1000s, 100ks, or more impressions? Do you expect that The Party of the Paper Ballot-backed candidates would be using Peercoin as a talking point and using their political connections to lobby for cryptocurrency?

Let’s start with the basics and then work up to how you arrived at the requested PPC number.[/quote]

well to fairly answer your question I think some of you are thinking too hard about this. There is no requirement for a thematic resonance between the two. No more than Coca-Cola is to everything they put their name on. Remove Peercoin from the equation. The underlying theme of this startup political party is on the tongues of many. It is a heating up political question. Not mainstream but when explained to people ot will pick up steam.Google it and see how much people are talking about it. A party whose primary demand is a return to paper ballots has a clean, clear purpose and message. It is the kind of thing a public in every walk of life and socio-economic background can identify with. Now like Coca-Cola, imagine PeerCoin riding the tail of that viral event. You never know, ANYTHING can happen when you cut an idea lose into the wild. The fact that it is not a mainstream party, that anyone from any other party can join, in a dual party capacity. This is really not a party specific issue as it is a voting process issue that affects everyone equally. All the parties can come together on that.

So my point is, without really doing too much, attention can be called to the PeerCoin logo. Through a carefully planned campaign, pushing The Party of the Paper Ballot I can reach 2,500,000 (impressions) on Facebook to put The Party of the Paper Ballot on 2.5 million screens and Peercoin riding it’s growth. Honestly, you tell me anything else that’ll give you that many impressions for $2000 (including the setup and administration). Heck you pay $1800 a month for a billboard on the side of the road that promises 350,000 impressions a month. Getting the Peercoin logo in front of people over and over and over builds brand awareness. You can get a lot of exposure from millions of impressions. You don’t have to justify or explain Peercoin being there. It just is. I bet it would take PeerCoin to $5.

We’re over thinking this? The onus is on you to make a compelling case why people should agree to send you 3200 PPC from a communal fund.

Potential long-tail brand recognition may be useful as a marginal activity for Coca-Cola, but it certainly isn’t how they spend their primary marketing budget.

Please detail how the 3200 PPC would be spent and what funds that amount would be added to that you’ve already raised for the project.

[quote=“Ben, post:14, topic:2616”]We’re over thinking this? The onus is on you to make a compelling case why people should agree to send you 3200 PPC from a communal fund.

Potential long-tail brand recognition may be useful as a marginal activity for Coca-Cola, but it certainly isn’t how they spend their primary marketing budget.

Please detail how the 3200 PPC would be spent and what funds that amount would be added to that you’ve already raised for the project.[/quote]

Well to begin with, I am not asking anything for my time or innovation. Everything else will be spent as the bills arrive if you agree to it. I’m not in this for me. I care about paper ballots and the role they play in accountability and you said you wanted ideas to promote your Peercoin. The marriage of one to the other. That’s my idea. As I said, before we are doing it anyway, so keep your money. The 3200 PPC was purely for verified costs of implementation. An aggressive ad campaign on Google and Facebook and MySpace. They all provide very nice metrics on how effective the reach of the ad impressions.

So unless you want top just go on an advertising campaign of your own, tying it to some kind of vehicle gives it legs. You really can’t effectively advertise PeerCoin on it’s own because that would be like the US Government running a campaign to convince you US currency is still good. Yeah, you can’t really blow our own horn. Having another subject to be your vehicle gives you the impressions without being the subject of the correspondence.

[quote=“Ben, post:14, topic:2616”]We’re over thinking this? The onus is on you to make a compelling case why people should agree to send you 3200 PPC from a communal fund.

Please detail how the 3200 PPC would be spent and what funds that amount would be added to that you’ve already raised for the project.[/quote]

Oh uh project cost to date is $6.99. Facebook is free. Google is Free. About a $5 a day budget for click throughs on both. That will give us six months of impressions to as wide an audience as we choose. In six months you would know if this has taken off or not.

It seems scam.
There is no details to excute the plan, just want to get the brilliant PPC.

Yep, that’s what it is, a scam. You guys have your work cut our for you making this “marketing” initiative work when you got some prize one’s like that on here. He needs to join the crowd that thought fire was magic.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:6, topic:2616”]Maybe you should start answering my questions if you want to be taken seriously.

…and maybe you don’t know but Peercoin is international. Tea party is something local US business, I’m personally not very interested in it as you probably wouldn’t in Chinese or European politics. So I guess if you want to succeed with your proposal you better make sure it appeals to a wide number of members of this international community. But it is your choice.

You have 15 days for discussion until -electronic- voting on this proposal starts. Please check the charter of the fund for further details.[/quote]

I thought you were voted to be holder of the currency. Not chief inquisitor and judge. When you start telling people what they “should” do you gotta little self image issue. Remember this is OTHER people’s money you are being entrusted with. The job doesn’t come with a badge and a gun.

I don’t agree with this. Many projects can start locally. A polical compaign can generate a lot of publicity. Even international publicity.

What concerns me is a political compaign tends to divide people, polarize images, and draw lines between things. We are not talking about car racing here. That is a baggage Peercoin want to carry long after the event? The proposer doesn’t inspire confidence in his/her ability to unite people’s opinion, either.

Sorry I see risks over benefit as the proposal stands.