Marketing Fund Charter

The fund needs two fund keepers so both can be elected at the same time, maybe I didn’t make that very clear but it is explained better in the charter.

I know people might think that this voting process seems a bit over the top, but there may be a lot of money involved and we are trying to set up something that will last long-term.[/quote]

why do we need to vote when there will be two fund keepers, and there are two candidates, makes voting seem futile to me[/quote]

I believe it makes it official that the community is tasking them with the responsibility of managing the fund. If there was no vote allowing them to be the managers, it could be said that River or Cybnate owned the fund themselves, which could possibly create legal problems in certain countries. Doing it this way makes it known that the fund belongs to the community itself and that these 2 are volunteering their time to help manage it. It should hopefully remove the potential legal risk for the managers.

Anyway, I vote for…

1. Cybnate
  2. River333

Here is my vote:

1. River333
  2. Cybnate

Just to change a bit :slight_smile:

ok it is good to test this voting thing anyway, my votes:

1. Cybnate
  2. River333

no offense River333, and I think in six months you get another chance :smiley:

1. Cybnate
  2. River333

Forward, Comrades! :wink:

My votes for the role of fund keepers are:

1. Cybnate
  2. River333

I vote for Cybnate and river333, in no particular order, assuming the persons behind these IDs don’t change.

Thanks and interesting statement. Let’s say that I will let you know when I’m replaced by an artificial intelligent entity 8)

Anyway, just over 4 more hours until the voting will end and the votes will be counted. So grab your chance to vote or you will be silenced and have to bear River333 and me for 6 months :wink:

And thanks everyone for taking the time. It is great to have all the community support.
Hope we can count on you again when interesting submissions for the Marketing Fund will be up for voting.

The deadline has now passed and the voting is over.

I have counted 13 valid votes for Cybnate and 13 valid votes for river333 (me). There are no votes against either candidate. That means that both have been elected as fund keepers as both have received at least 8 valid votes before the deadline.

The fund is now live and is accepting proposals. Please see the Template for Submissions if you are interested in submitting a proposal.

Donations can be sent to the fund on peer4commit. Please use the “Donate” button so that you can provide a return address.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

1. I don’t know if this is in the right place. Hopefully the mods can move it for me.

2. check and check

3. July 3, 2014

4. Visit ThePartyofthePaperBallot.US

5. All registered voters who believe the “new” mechanical computerized methods of collecting votes is subject to unscrupulous practices. A Paper ballot goes further to protect us than any “modern” method.

6. One time cost of 3200 PPC. Web development, setting up the party on social media, Hosting and URL costs. Facebook and Google advertising ads.

7. To be implemented immediately and grow exponentially. Just as the Tea Party took off with millions joining. I think The Party of the Paper Ballot and it’s official currency Peercoin will take off.

8. Metrics are provided by Google and Facebook as to impressions and click throughs.

9. Take as long as you need to realize the potential here. Not many people will disagree that electronic voting will be our undoing and will steal the last vestige of our democracy.

10. Make PPC Payments to PNhBv2o7fEYsA7xGcAMxjDiAz5hZcBQZFd

We could wait for it, couldn’t we. Not sure if this is meant to be funny or just ordinary spam. I can’t take this serious in its current form.

At least you will need to set up a separate thread for your proposal and provide some contact details and elaborate why we should community PPCs on this before I spend more time on this. Given the size of the request I suggest you also provide some references of your credibility and why you think YOU can make this work.

I just wanted to make a note that I fixed some grammar errors, missing words and formatting issues in the original post. I’m sure I missed some things, but it’s better than it was.

Any idea why the Marketing Fund page at http://peer4commit.com/projects/96 shows a current balance of 3960.99 PPC, but donations show 4001 PPC, with no distributions? Where did the other 40 PPC go?

Peer4commit takes a 1% fee.

The Marketing Fund as in the OP has ceased to exist as per today. More information can be found in this thread: https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4249.msg40846#msg40846