Looking forward to this, Hope I can mine some

Hi everyone…I am looking fwd to this an hope I can mine some!!!
I think the strategy is already impacting PPC price…up!
It is slowly sinking in to the market that this is something new, not just a coin, but as synergistic effect to operate with PPC

Yup i’m very keen to point my 6 computers CPU’s i have running 24/7 on Primecoin and I feel the suitable announcment of a launch date and the ties with PPC and the dev and community is helping PPC while BTC is falling in value :slight_smile:

Just hope I get a few blocks before everyone jumps on this band wagon…

Am looking to try and have a pool setup for primecoin to … may be a few days after launch, but would be great to have a pool tagged on the back of this forum for it… will need to speak to Sunnyking about this and what is possible so don’t hold me to it but I take it people would like a pool for primecoin especially if running from here and has little bonus for PPC users :slight_smile:

Pools would need a lot of work, including an external cpu miner first then possibly gpu miner later. It’s gonna take a lot more than a couple of days I think.

In consideration of this the block spacing target is set to 1 minute to accommodate more miners at release before any pool support is available on the market.

But yeah please mine some :wink:

I will be mining with a 6 core amd proc… isn’t much but I’m hoping to get some coins out of it!

What I really want to do is fire up one of my companies’ Quad 12 core opteron servers and mine some PrimeCoins with that. That isn’t the best idea though ::slight_smile:

[quote=“craslovell, post:4, topic:173”]I will be mining with a 6 core amd proc… isn’t much but I’m hoping to get some coins out of it!

What I really want to do is fire up one of my companies’ Quad 12 core opteron servers and mine some PrimeCoins with that. That isn’t the best idea though ::)[/quote]

Hehe yeah i know the feeling my company is running some 100+ computers and 30+ servers… the temptation to stay late one night and work my way magic on the computers really does come up too often!! But alas … this is really NOT a good idea :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear

Yeah I’d love to see a pool soon after launch. For it to be accepted by the mining community in general you need to make it easy for them. The easier you make it the more miners you get.

would be even better if there would be two (or more) pools soon after the launch, because else people are going to yell 51% attack before you know it[/quote]Fair point, and agreed. If the pool software is written I would be more than happy to launch up a server for it.

sunny king has said to me in another post when i mentioned i’d be up for trying to get a pool running asap…

this is a new type of mining… none of the current miners will work, so that needs to be developed first, then the pool can be looked at and prob 99% of pool software won’t work so will be a build from scratch pool… no easy task really…

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:2, topic:173”]Yup i’m very keen to point my 6 computers CPU’s i have running 24/7 on Primecoin and I feel the suitable announcment of a launch date and the ties with PPC and the dev and community is helping PPC while BTC is falling in value :slight_smile:

Just hope I get a few blocks before everyone jumps on this band wagon…

Am looking to try and have a pool setup for primecoin to … may be a few days after launch, but would be great to have a pool tagged on the back of this forum for it… will need to speak to Sunnyking about this and what is possible so don’t hold me to it but I take it people would like a pool for primecoin especially if running from here and has little bonus for PPC users :)[/quote]

If you get the 1rst pool up, you’ll be one rich rich man. I hope you like strip clubs.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:8, topic:173”]sunny king has said to me in another post when i mentioned i’d be up for trying to get a pool running asap…

this is a new type of mining… none of the current miners will work, so that needs to be developed first, then the pool can be looked at and prob 99% of pool software won’t work so will be a build from scratch pool… no easy task really…[/quote]If you need any help with found end parts of the pool I’ve got you covered.

[quote=“super3, post:10, topic:173”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:8, topic:173”]sunny king has said to me in another post when i mentioned i’d be up for trying to get a pool running asap…

this is a new type of mining… none of the current miners will work, so that needs to be developed first, then the pool can be looked at and prob 99% of pool software won’t work so will be a build from scratch pool… no easy task really…[/quote]If you need any help with found end parts of the pool I’ve got you covered.[/quote]

Do it. I’ll advertise and answer pr questions all over Reddit it for 20 XMP :wink: since now I’m officially the most unlucky miner. I’m approaching 72 hours at 61-90 PPS on 3 threads of an i3 ivy bridge and still no blocks found. 8) It takes skills to be this unlucky.

… AWteuqJKj9XR9hZTdZYedxy4BxAnx6dakM for XPM pity party coins … thanks

I also want to mention that I was scamed out of 16.4 LTC last month by WeMineLTC and have received nothing back. So I’m officially the most unlucky crypto-miner in recent history, I think.

[quote=“DudeGuy, post:11, topic:173”][quote=“super3, post:10, topic:173”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:8, topic:173”]sunny king has said to me in another post when i mentioned i’d be up for trying to get a pool running asap…

this is a new type of mining… none of the current miners will work, so that needs to be developed first, then the pool can be looked at and prob 99% of pool software won’t work so will be a build from scratch pool… no easy task really…[/quote]If you need any help with found end parts of the pool I’ve got you covered.[/quote]

Do it. I’ll advertise and answer pr questions all over Reddit it for 20 XMP :wink: since now I’m officially the most unlucky miner. I’m approaching 72 hours at 61-90 PPS on 3 threads of an i3 ivy bridge and still no blocks found. 8) It takes skills to be this unlucky.

… AWteuqJKj9XR9hZTdZYedxy4BxAnx6dakM for XPM pity party coins … thanks

I also want to mention that I was scamed out of 16.4 LTC last month by WeMineLTC and have received nothing back. So I’m officially the most unlucky crypto-miner in recent history, I think.[/quote]

I have heard of people being scammed out of 40btc in trade in the last month… so u not as foolish as some… but u do seem unlucky on the mining front :frowning: i’ll see if i can send you a coin when i get home :slight_smile:

Honestly people are saying the built-in Primecoin mining hashes something like 3 times more than it should on some calculation. People who know what they are doing are optimizing their own mining software, coincidentally a lot of devs/wannabe programmers have the edge over a layman like me. I’m actually running Linux on a USB right now trying to figure out how to compile… This is going to be a long night.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=install_devcoin_ubuntu should get u started… i’m writing one for primecoin now as think others want it :slight_smile: and the least i can do to help :slight_smile:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=install_primecoin_ubuntu
Bam there you go :slight_smile: let me know of any problems you have

too sad there’s a few miners only :frowning: and pools too