Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

Voilà! When the price goes up people have an incentive to help! :smiley:
That’s what we need, PPC at a higher price so that donations increase in value.

Welcome here Gin, [member=28779]Cybnate[/member] will certainly advise. But of course your help will be more than appreciated.

Hi [member=32449]Gin[/member], [member=31833]GLock[/member] and [member=28779]Cybnate[/member] seem to be away. If I were you, I would go for it, there’s no need to wait for any sort of approval. Regarding the rewards, they are only applicable under specific circumstances when a user is performing a full or partial translation (that is to say, don’t expect any). As far as I know corrections are not rewarded (I haven’t been rewarded for mine).

No worries! It’s a win-win in any case. Thanks!

Sorry for my late response. @glock is in charge of approvals of translations and whether they are eligible.
Minor corrections are not being rewarded according to the charter, but very much appreciated 8)

If you think there is more than 10% to be updated/corrected I’m happy to privately fund that with 5 PPC. Just leave your PPC address and some proof of what you did in the thread.

:slight_smile:

I’m new here but I plan on staying for the looonnnnggggg term.

How technical is this? Is it literally translate A to B?

I see that “Whitepaper” is already at 100% in Japanese, how much could I earn from translating everything else?

Do you wish to create a name in Katakana for Peercoin? For example, Bitcoin in Japanese is actually read Bittokoin.

Sorry for the amount of questions :stuck_out_tongue:

The translationwork is not that technical to do. The words to translate are obviously related to crypto and thus technical and therefore sometimes difficult to translate 1:1.

In the first post of this thread you can see what you can earn for your work on e.g. wallet or whitepaper.

Re Katakana for Peercoin, can’t advise you on that. Probably best to take the lead from the translated Whitepaper to ensure some consistency to start with.

BTW @glock are you still around?

[quote=“Cybnate, post:286, topic:2968”]The translationwork is not that technical to do. The words to translate are obviously related to crypto and thus technical and therefore sometimes difficult to translate 1:1.

In the first post of this thread you can see what you can earn for your work on e.g. wallet or whitepaper.

Re Katakana for Peercoin, can’t advise you on that. Probably best to take the lead from the translated Whitepaper to ensure some consistency to start with.

BTW [member=31833]GLock[/member] are you still around?[/quote]

Where can I acquire the Japanese whitepaper?

Also, I assume it’s possible to just look and see before I commit correct?

Also it states 100% but… their is no recipient, could you verify this?

Thanks

You can find the whitepaper on the website here: http://www.peercoin.net/whitepaper

You can start committing, but you can still change. The languages are only pulled once in a while to the website or the client e.g. when there is a new release built.

Re 100% Early on we had volunteers doing translation, so that’s why you see 100% without a recipient. They submitted way before this thread started.

Edit: I hope @Glock is just on holiday and that he shows up in the next few weeks, as he does do the validation process normally.

I am a native greek speaker and I do translations for altcoins, you can see my work here bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175769.new#new

I plan to start right away on both translations.

[quote=“killerjoegreece, post:289, topic:2968”]I am a native greek speaker and I do translations for altcoins, you can see my work here bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175769.new#new

I plan to start right away on both translations.[/quote]
Thanks, but I noticed that @glock hasn’t logged in to this forum since May this year. Therefore I suspect this thread is abandoned by him.
You could continue with the translation but without a validator I’m not able to transfer the reward.

@all please volunteer if you like to validate submissions for the translation fund, I don’t have the capability to do that unfortunately.

Hi, I can translate into spanish :slight_smile:

I suppose the above is till valid, but I suggest we wait with translations for the client until we have a code complete 0.6 wallet. Also suggest to lower the reward to the original amounts. This is well-funded: https://peer4commit.com/projects/133

Any volunteers amongst our long term members to help with the validations of the translation before any rewards are transferred?

Peerunity translations are no longer required as we have decided to abandon the project.

I’m translating to ukrainian and validating russian (there are some errors in translations).

UPD: finished. Contacted MAL_ via PM in transifex.

1 Like

I’d like to translate peercoin.net into Turkish. And also Whitepaper too but doesn’t include any info about Video Tutorials sub im interested with it too. How much it cost? Thank you.

Regarding the Romanian translation of Peerunity.
I’ve gone through the entire translation top to bottom and voted/validated all translations.
For some reason it’s still not showing as translation complete on getlocalization.com
The website also didn’t seem to save all my votes, when I go back and filter for things I did not vote on, I get the same list of things I already voted on.
I just wanted to say that the translation seems to be complete, so we can mark it so up above in OP.

I also checked the translation status of peercoin.net on Transifex and it shows a 97.8% completion, I plan on finishing up what’s left.

Hello,

I could do a translation into Czech language. I can do both the Whitepaper and the website. Would you consider Czech language as option too? Thank you.

For all those reading this thread. @sentinelrv is redeveloping our website so creating translation of the current website doesn’t have a lot of value and will therefore be on hold. Same as translation for the PPC client as we haven’t found a process to include new translations submitted in transifex into the new client and someone who can actually do that reliably,

Until then I can accept submissions for translations for the whitepaper which are not available yet (ask here first). The ‘rules of engagement’ and current rewards are here: https://peer4commit.com/projects/133

@vonHohenlohe can go ahead with Czech peercoin whitepaper
@ChaDda can go ahead with Turkish whitepaper
Please submit with link in this thread within 3 weeks from now to ensure full reward for yourself.

I want to translate white paper to Turkish, if the current value 20 ppc…

I’m sorry 100% white paper translation is rewarded with 10 PPC as per the link in my previous email. I can’t update the OP as it has been posted by someone else and I’m not a moderator on this forum.