Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

GLock, there are at least two pending requests in this thread. :slight_smile:

I’ve sent him a PM and a BM, hope he is just on a long Holiday and returns in next few days.

I’ve sent him a PM and a BM, hope he is just on a long Holiday and returns in next few days.[/quote]

Thank you Cybnate!

Sorry for the long break, now I am back in action, thanks everyone for the patience.

Thank you IndieW and fishb0ne for your work, the validation process for the Romanian translation has started.

[quote=“DigiX, post:220, topic:2968”][quote=“kingscrown, post:217, topic:2968”]translator of philipine version
Identifier nd6JQB4BRWq9

please pay my bounty.[/quote]

Some minor issues with the current translation though.[/quote]

kingscrown translation to tagalog has passed the validation, discussion here

He is entitled to a bounty of 30 PPC

@ DigiX
if you have any suggestion on how to improve kingscrown translation please let us know :slight_smile:

The remaining updated strings of Peercoin.net have been translated to Indonesian on the 3rd of Jan 2015 by GLock.

Please be reminded that the remaining string translation to Chinese, German, Hindi (India),Russian and Tagalog (Philippines) will be rewarded so if you are a native speaker please help us to complete them! :slight_smile:

I’ve completed a bunch of strings just 2 weeks ago (German). Are there new ones already ^^?

I was supposed to delete German from the list, fixed now.
And thanks for the translation willy :slight_smile:

[quote=“GLock, post:226, topic:2968”][quote=“DigiX, post:220, topic:2968”][quote=“kingscrown, post:217, topic:2968”]translator of philipine version
Identifier nd6JQB4BRWq9

@ DigiX
if you have any suggestion on how to improve kingscrown translation please let us know :)[/quote]

Sadly, I just read this. He Google translated the entire thing. You can see it for yourself. If you use the first phrase (Number 1) you showed in the Bitcoin Talk Forum and translated it from English to Filipino it will tell you this:

“Katunayan ng Trabaho pagmimina ay ginagamit upang maikalat ang pamamahagi ng mga bagong barya , habang ang seguridad ng network ay pinapanatili ang kabuuan ng Katunayan ng taya minting . Nangangahulugan ito na ang Bitcoin pagmimina kahinaan tulad ng makasarili Pagmimina hindi makakaapekto sa Peercoin seguridad.”

That’s the same translation as his. The bolded statement doesn’t make sense and some incorrect capitalization as well. I realized this when I checked the Tagalog version of Peercoin. The Market cap translation caught my attention since it is not the correct translation. Market is “palengke” in Tagalog. But he literally translated the word cap to headgear.

P.S.
The language menu spelled Tagalog as Taglog.

[quote=“DigiX, post:230, topic:2968”][quote=“GLock, post:226, topic:2968”][quote=“DigiX, post:220, topic:2968”][quote=“kingscrown, post:217, topic:2968”]translator of philipine version
Identifier nd6JQB4BRWq9

@ DigiX
if you have any suggestion on how to improve kingscrown translation please let us know :)[/quote]

Sadly, I just read this. He Google translated the entire thing. You can see it for yourself. If you use the first phrase (Number 1) you showed in the Bitcoin Talk Forum and translated it from English to Filipino it will tell you this:

“Katunayan ng Trabaho pagmimina ay ginagamit upang maikalat ang pamamahagi ng mga bagong barya , habang ang seguridad ng network ay pinapanatili ang kabuuan ng Katunayan ng taya minting . Nangangahulugan ito na ang Bitcoin pagmimina kahinaan tulad ng makasarili Pagmimina hindi makakaapekto sa Peercoin seguridad.”

The bolded statement doesn’t make sense and some incorrect capitalization as well. I realized this when I checked the Tagalog version of Peercoin. The Market cap translation caught my attention since it is not the correct translation. Market is “palengke” in Tagalog. But he literally translated the word cap to headgear.[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback DigiX, could you confirm that also other paragraphs could have been translated with google translate?

Could it be that the person translating (kingscrown mentioned was his/her friend translating) had some difficulties interpreting the english text because not familiar with cryptocurrencies?

@kingscrown : can you please comment on this?

[quote=“GLock, post:231, topic:2968”]Thank you for the feedback DigiX, could you confirm that also other paragraphs could have been translated with google translate?

Could it be that the person translating (kingscrown mentioned was his/her friend translating) had some difficulties interpreting the english text because not familiar with cryptocurrencies?

@kingscrown : can you please comment on this?[/quote]

No problem. I should have elaborated when I posted my earlier comment. Hopefully you didn’t send the bounty yet.

Regarding your comment, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. I’m currently doing something. I should be back in thirty minutes.

Translated version of the phrases:

Feedback from the Filipino community in Bitcoin Talk regarding the validation post:

[quote=“Dabs”]There must be a Tagalog word for “minting” and “market cap”. But most Filipinos can understand borrowed English words, so that’s not very much an issue. You may end up having a debate among the purists though.

Some words are better left in their original language.

Otherwise, they all look VALID to me.[/quote]

Detective Work

I decided to go to Transifex to further review his work. To my surprise, 85% of the translated phrases I reviewed were correct. There were some minor grammatical errors. But, for the most part, you can understand them. Please take note that I only looked at a handful of phrases.

Conclusion

My theory is that the phrases were pasted in Google translate to make the work more efficient. Then the translator fixed some of the issues to make it grammatically correct (or what he believes to be grammatically correct).

P.S.
The language menu in the website lists Tagalog as Taglog.

I feel kinda ignored.

I feel kinda ignored.[/quote]

Oh yes, you’re right. I thought GLock was talking about Peerunity, not the website!

Oh yes, you’re right. I thought GLock was talking about Peerunity, not the website![/quote]

Sorry guys, I am not following you, could you please shed some light on why you feel ignored?

GLock has completed the translation of the remaining Peerunity strings to Indonesian on the 9th of Jan 2015.
The validation process will start soon.

Unfortunately I cannot open the pictures to full resolution, so I can’t read the content at the moment, could you please post hi resolution images(or link to the images)?

[b]Detective Work[/b]

I decided to go to Transifex to further review his work. To my surprise, 85% of the translated phrases I reviewed were correct. There were some minor grammatical errors. But, for the most part, you can understand them. Please take note that I only looked at a handful of phrases.

Conclusion

My theory is that the phrases were pasted in Google translate to make the work more efficient. Then the translator fixed some of the issues to make it grammatically correct (or what he believes to be grammatically correct).

The validation process is not bulletproof as only 3 paragraphs are examined by the validators.
As you have seen about 85% of the work you have reviewed is correct, so it is quite difficult to be 100% sure that the full translation is absolutely accurate.

I believe that the validation process is a very good start as a gross check that the translation is understandable and seems correct for native speakers, then with the help of the community (as you are doing) we can improve the translation and keep it updated.

So if you can, feel free to update and improve the Tagalog translation on transifex :slight_smile:

[i]P.S. The language menu in the website lists Tag[b]a[/b]log as Taglog.[/i]

I have opened an issue on github, and hopefully TheWildHorse will fix the spelling error as soon as possible.

Oh yes, you’re right. I thought GLock was talking about Peerunity, not the website![/quote]

Sorry guys, I am not following you, could you please shed some light on why you feel ignored?[/quote]

Bobby did the peercoin website translation.

I did Peerunity.

Sorry guys, I am not following you, could you please shed some light on why you feel ignored?[/quote]

The missing translations aren’t uploadet to peercoin.net. Nobody replies to my posts.