Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

[quote=“GLock, post:180, topic:2968”]The Italian Peerunity translation has passed the validation.

GLock is entitled to a reward of 7.5 PPC :)[/quote]

Glock, could you please explain how validation works and what/how it has been validated? I can see some of your work in the Italian translation, but it’s also mixed with brossi’s work. Also who reviewed it?

Italian is still 85% translated for Peerunity.

BTW For Klingon translations we are prepared to consider non-native speakers :slight_smile:

[quote=“Thireus, post:181, topic:2968”][quote=“GLock, post:180, topic:2968”]The Italian Peerunity translation has passed the validation.

GLock is entitled to a reward of 7.5 PPC :)[/quote]

Glock, could you please explain how validation works and what/how it has been validated? I can see some of your work in the Italian translation, but it’s also mixed with brossi’s work. Also who reviewed it?

Italian is still 85% translated for Peerunity.[/quote]

Thireus, when I completed the translation, on the 31st October the translation was 100%, 80 strings have been added later.
As you can see from 7.5PPC I am rewarded only for 50%(15 PPC was a full reward before we increased it to 20PPC) of the work as some of the strings were already translated from brossi, even though I had to review quite few of them.

All the validations have a link in the first post. You can click on it to have a look.

The review process has been discussed and voted in the marketing fund proposal and voting section in this forum
It consists in posting 3 random translated paragraphs together with the original english text on internet fora with native speakers of the translated language. If evaluated as clearly understandable for native speakers and matching with the english translation the translation work passes the validation.Reference here

:))

[quote=“GLock, post:183, topic:2968”]Thireus, when I completed the translation, on the 31st October the translation was 100%, 80 strings have been added later.
As you can see from 7.5PPC I am rewarded only for 50%(15 PPC was a full reward before we increased it to 20PPC) of the work as some of the strings were already translated from brossi, even though I had to review quite few of them.

All the validations have a link in the first post. You can click on it to have a look.

The review process has been discussed and voted in the marketing fund proposal and voting section in this forum
It consists in posting 3 random translated paragraphs together with the original english text on internet fora with native speakers of the translated language. If evaluated as clearly understandable for native speakers and matching with the english translation the translation work passes the validation.Reference here[/quote]

Thank you GLock for the detailed answer. It makes more sense to me. As you probably know I’ve joined Peercoin quite recently (a few months now), so I am not aware of all the things that happened before my arrival.

Peerunity’s project recently received several new strings/sentences to translate, mainly for the multi-sig feature that we’ll find in the next release. As I understand it, these new sentences are not entitled to a award… However it is impossible to distinguish which sentences are or are not entitled to it for the languages that haven’t been translated yet or have been translated only partially. As an example, let’s assume I pick up Spanish, if I complete the translation in full (which would include the new sentences), why would I only receive a 50% reward for it knowing that Spanish is now translated at 40% and not 50% as it was before (because of the new untranslated sentences)?

Also, why don’t we have an incentive for those new sentences? Is this because we haven’t received new donations for it? I’ve only see myself translating those new sentences so far :/. French is the only one that is fully completed. Which may delay the next Peerunity release.

As clearly stated in the first post you get rewarded pro rata at the time of start of your translation.

However it is impossible to distinguish which sentences are or are not entitled to it for the languages that haven't been translated yet or have been translated only partially.
This is not correct as, again, stated on the first post you must complete the translation in full to be rewarded. Now that new strings are added and as per your example Spanish is at 40% you will get rewarded 60%. Because at the time of start Spanish is at 40% so it will include the new strings.
Also, why don't we have an incentive for those new sentences? Is this because we haven't received new donations for it? I've only see myself translating those new sentences so far :/. French is the only one that is fully completed. Which may delay the next Peerunity release.

The bounty at the moment covers what is written in the first post. There is a limited budget to the bounty so I am trying to work within it.

For translation updates I think we would need a different bounty where we can lock in few translators for each language, in this manner we will have a guaranteed continuity of work on the translations in a quicker and more consistent fashion.

As Peerunity translation updates are urgently needed at the moment, if Cybnate and river333 agree with it, I will roll the rewards trying to push the completion of the new strings added. This will amount to about 15% reward for a previously completed translation.

I’m fine with it as it makes sense. But maybe we should make a statement in OP that we will only reward as long as the fund last on a first come, first serve bases. Given the size of the fund and the number of translators to date, I think we will be fine for a few months at least.

With today’s rewards (see below) we have rewarded 156 PPC in total. Remaining in the fund:

I’ve just transferred the rewards for @glock and Br0nevik. Hope I’m now up to date again with the rewards.

I’m not sure how this would be received. I bet it’d range from harming the reputation slightly to being amazing cool stuff.
I’d position myself at the “cool stuff” end of the stick, although that reminds me of the Star Trek convention where Peercoin was to be promoted once upon a time.
But hell, why not having Klingon?
Because it doesn’t fit the sober Peercoin style which is normally rather cool in technical ways, but not in other ways?
…yeah, I said it already: because of the reputation issues that might be associated with having a Klingon translation…
What would Sunny say?
Have fun!

I’m not sure how this would be received. I bet it’d range from harming the reputation slightly to being amazing cool stuff.
I’d position myself at the “cool stuff” end of the stick, although that reminds me of the Star Trek convention where Peercoin was to be promoted once upon a time.
But hell, why not having Klingon?
Because it doesn’t fit the sober Peercoin style which is normally rather cool in technical ways, but not in other ways?
…yeah, I said it already: because of the reputation issues that might be associated with having a Klingon translation…
What would Sunny say?
Have fun![/quote]
Thanks for the response. I was hoping to trigger something. One reason I’m doing this is to have a bit of fun (inspired by Sunny) and two, I hope to get some attention from the Trekkies in this world. Might do some posting in their forums as I suspect that are not many Klingon speakers in the Peercoin community. So just a bit of marketing targeting different people outside the usual and a bit of fun together. Might also put up a bounty myself for a Na’av translation. I believe they release Avatar 2 next year. Just riding those marketing waves of others might be interesting. Start learning it here: learnnavi.org

Have fun!

Chinese, German, Hindi (India), Indonesian, Russian and Tagalog (Philippines) still have a few untranslated strings on https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/website-ppc/ after last update…

Again , i’d like to translate the White paper to Arabic as soon as possible. @GLock

Hi teeneagle, thank you again for your help, at the moment of start Arabic translation for the whitepaper is at 0% , so once completed and validated you will get 100% of the reward; that equals to 20PPC

As a reminder you have 21 days to complete the translation to be eligible for the reward.

I’m fine with it as it makes sense. But maybe we should make a statement in OP that we will only reward as long as the fund last on a first come, first serve bases. Given the size of the fund and the number of translators to date, I think we will be fine for a few months at least.

With today’s rewards (see below) we have rewarded 156 PPC in total. Remaining in the fund:

I’ve just transferred the rewards for @glock and Br0nevik. Hope I’m now up to date again with the rewards.[/quote]

Thank you Cybnate! OP updated

Thank you GLock for the clarification, I appreciate your transparency. :slight_smile:

My native Romanian speaker would like to start the Romanian translation today for Peerunity. All translations will be made via the user “IndieW”.
Could you please confirm that Peerunity is entitled to 60% of the reward for Romanian translation? I look forward to your answer so that I can give IndieW a go on this.

[quote=“Thireus, post:194, topic:2968”]Thank you GLock for the clarification, I appreciate your transparency. :slight_smile:

My native Romanian speaker would like to start the Romanian translation today for Peerunity. All translations will be made via the user “IndieW”.
Could you please confirm that Peerunity is entitled to 60% of the reward for Romanian translation? I look forward to your answer so that I can give IndieW a go on this.[/quote]

Thank you Thireus, at the moment of start the Romanian translation for Peerunity is at 40% , so once completed and validated IndieW will get 60% of the reward; that equals to 12PPC

As a reminder IndieW has 21 days to complete the translation to be eligible for the reward.

Quite a timely discussion, as I just got in on peercoin.
I am also a native Romanian speaker, feel free to lean on me for any help needed.

[quote=“fishb0ne, post:196, topic:2968”]Quite a timely discussion, as I just got in on peercoin.
I am also a native Romanian speaker, feel free to lean on me for any help needed.[/quote]

Hi fishb0ne, welcome to the peercoin community, if you wish we still need to translate to Romanian peercoin.net and the whitepaper.

The status of Peerunity language translations has been updated in the OP, there are several languages that need to be completed as we have added 80 more strings to translate.
A reward proportional to the missing strings will be given (eg. Mandarin is 85% = 3 PPC)

Listed few languages that need to be completed:
Mandarin 85%
Spanish 45%
Italian 85%
Indonesian 85%
Dutch 85%

Please refer to the OP for the full list.

Also as sandakersmann pointed out we still need to complete just few strings of Peercoin.net, it is about 2% of the total translation meaning just 3 short strings to be translated.

Chinese, German, Hindi (India), Indonesian, Russian and Tagalog (Philippines) still have a few untranslated strings on https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/website-ppc/ after last update...

As a start I will translate the remaining indonesian strings in Peerunity. At the moment of start indonesian is at 85% once completed the reward will be 3 PPC.

Please help us to complete all the remaining translations! :slight_smile:

Can anybody explain to me what a “redeem script” is? I’m translating peerunity into german and I srsly have no clue.

It’s one of the fields within the multisig area.