Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

Updated, thanks for the heads-up.

Hi Oblivion77 currently there is no bounty for Dutch translation but we would still like to have the translation; If you are willing to translate without payment you can go ahead and register on Transifex and/or Getlocalization!

Thank you for posting whatever you decide to do :slight_smile:

Hey oblivion77, I’m already working on Dutch Peerunity translation as a native speaker. As it is nearly finished (80%) there is still value in a second pair of eyes though. So feel free to submit updates or improvements.

I think the Dutch peercoin.net translation is still a green field, so feel free to go with it but don’t expect a bounty as @glock already said. I’m happy to review it but I don’t have the time to do the translation itself.

Should I also translate the key terms or should I keep them in english?
Do you want to define them by yourself?
My translations:
mining (Schürfen)
minting (Prägen)
proof of stake (Besitzschaftsprinzip)
proof of work ()
wallet (Brieftasche)
cold wallet (kalte Brieftasche)
hot wallet (heiße Brieftasche)
Checkpointing (Kontrollpunkte)
cold wallet (Prägen mit kalter Brieftasche)

I don’t see peerunity 0.1.1 strings (e.g. of the mint panel) .
When a new version is released how is getlocalization database updated?
Will the current translation be overwritten when a new version is added in ? There are new translations made after the 0.1.1 is released. Will these changes be lost?
For example
version 0.1 has string A, B, and C, and are translated on getlocalization.
Version 0.1.1 is released. It has a snap shot of v0.1 translation of A, B, and C. It has updated string C (in English) for business reason, and added new a function that has string D (in English).
Before 0.1.1 is put on getlocalization, translation of B is updated on getlocalization. (The situation we have now)

Do we know how will the project Peerunity on getlocalization updated so that A remains, B’s update will remain, C, D (in English) will be added?

[quote=“mhps, post:37, topic:2968”]I don’t see peerunity 0.1.1 strings (e.g. of the mint panel) .
Will the current translation be overwritten when a new version is added in ? There are new translations made after the 0.1.1 is released. Will these changes be lost?
For example
Version 0.1.1 is released. It has a snap shot of v0.1 translation of A, B, and C. It has updated string C (in English) for business reason, and added new a function that has string D (in English).
Before 0.1.1 is put on getlocalization, translation of B is updated on getlocalization. (The situation we have now)

Do we know how will the project Peerunity on getlocalization updated so that A remains, B’s update will remain, C, D (in English) will be added?[/quote]

Hi mhps, Ben has mentioned that is a kind of a “rolling” process, here is his quote on the Peerunity 0.1.1 post

For the other questions maybe anyone that had experience using getlocalization for other projects can shed some light?

[quote=“bobbybb, post:36, topic:2968”]Should I also translate the key terms or should I keep them in english?
Do you want to define them by yourself?
My translations:
mining (Schürfen)
minting (Prägen)
proof of stake (Besitzschaftsprinzip)
proof of work ()
wallet (Brieftasche)
cold wallet (kalte Brieftasche)
hot wallet (heiße Brieftasche)
Checkpointing (Kontrollpunkte)
cold wallet (Prägen mit kalter Brieftasche)[/quote]

bobbybb, for your reference and a more consistent translation, please stick to what you can see in the german version of the bitcoin wallet, and the terms used in the german version of their website and wikipedia

Have a look here
https://bitcoin.org/de/

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peercoin

If you have any doubts I guess that willywithcoinnode that has translated Peerunity to german can give you some guidance to keep consistency across the platforms.

[quote=“mhps, post:37, topic:2968”]I don’t see peerunity 0.1.1 strings (e.g. of the mint panel) .
For example

Do we know how will the project Peerunity on getlocalization updated so that A remains, B’s update will remain, C, D (in English) will be added?[/quote]

In order not to lose any translated string, the update process could be:
1 - Pull the translated strings from getlocalization in the locale files of peerunity
2 - Add the new strings of the source code in the locale files using the lupdate tool
3 - Push the updated locale files to getlocalization

I don’t know how pulling/pushing files works on getlocalization, but maybe this update process could be done automatically (or semi-automatically)…

I’ve pm’ed him :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[quote=“glv, post:40, topic:2968”]In order not to lose any translated string, the update process could be:
1 - Pull the translated strings from getlocalization in the locale files of peerunity
2 - Add the new strings of the source code in the locale files using the lupdate tool
3 - Push the updated locale files to getlocalization

I don’t know how pulling/pushing files works on getlocalization, but maybe this update process could be done automatically (or semi-automatically)…[/quote]

That would work well if between step 2 and 3 no new translation is allowed to be added to getglobalization. Otherwise we will have the situation in step 3 of my post

Before 0.1.1 is put on getlocalization, translation of B is updated on getlocalization.
which I think is the situation we have now. I am not clear what rolliing process means exactly in Ben's remark.

Is it ok to mix up the following strings?
Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> Last Updated:
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> second ago
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> seconds ago

Last Updated: 9 seconds ago
would be in German:
zuletzt aktualisiert: vor 9 Sekunden

This would result in:
Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> zuletzt aktualisiert: vor
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> Sekunde
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> Sekunden

[quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Is it ok to mix up the following strings?

would be in German:

This would result in:
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> Sekunden[/quote]

We could ask The White Horse to rearrange the counter for your language if is not possible to translate it in another way in German.

As you can see from the homepage the counter is by default in front of second / seconds ago

For the wallet, qt handles plurals this way
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/i18n-source-translation.html#handling-plurals

For the wallet, qt handles plurals this way
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/i18n-source-translation.html#handling-plurals[/quote]

Quite a useful reference, thanks mhps

Hi br0nevik, almost a week has passed since signing up for the russian translation, I just want to check that you’ve managed to sign up in getlocalization and transifex to start translating. If you have any problem don’t hesitate to ask for help here in the forum!

As a reminder, you still have time until the deadline that is on the 4th of November.

I have finished translating peercoin.net to Arabic .

please tell me how and when will the reviewing be done?

Here is some notes i wish to be considered:

1- Arabic is a very rich and complicated language so disagreement between translators about which word to be used and which is the best way to phrase the meaning is very common, However. i did my best to choose the most adequate, sophisticated and accurate translation, reviewing tens of resources.

2- Some of the technical words like cryptography doesn’t have a consensus about its translation, but i reviewed lots of translations and justifications to those translations before choosing one, reviewer may review the Arabic wikipedia and the Arabeyes community of open software translators, as those were the main resources i relied on, and please contact me to ask about any thing any time here or my gmail.

http://arabeyes.org/

3- Other terms like POS doesn’t have any translation so i put my own one and i can argue about the reason i translated like that, i also intend to create an arabic wikipedia pages for the POS and Peercoin and other project related to peercoin ecosystem to spread the idea as long as the arabic translation used in the official site so every Arabic user can search those terms and find further explanations.

4- Arabic is avery unique language and translating wont be perfect without the site developer participation:
A - the Arabic counting system is more complicated than single and plural, the site developer must use this formula if he wants the time counter in the home page to be right : http://arabeyes.org/Plural_Forms this will require some extra strings which i have no problem to provide. (this apply also on peerunity)
B - some of the strings are not provided to translating, I don’t mind the labels as peerunity and peershares in developers page to stay untranslated as i provided their translation in the strings beneath them, but the " quick start guide " png and the descriptions of exchanges should be translated.
C- Arabic is written from the right to the left so i really encourage the developer to rearrange the pages elements (images labels and texts) or it will looks ugly and arabic users will feel like the site doesn,t care.
D- I used the tags provided with the strings in my translation, but since arabic is wrote from the reverse direction, this may cause some mess, so please lets discuss how to address this problem.
5- reviewer may review these instructions from the Arabeyes community :
translation standards: http://arabeyes.org/معايير_الترجمة
translation names: http://arabeyes.org/تعريب_الأسماء

As for Peerunity it will take longer because of lots of Bitcoin core strings which are more technical than the site and demand longer research, and i dont even see it on the user interface!

thank you and please contact me for any question and let me know once the review is done.

Donations are appreciated:
Peercoin > PUS755eXHbEo4bLaHAaTPNegZAtrZrhKHA
Bitcoin > 1LxTzW3NMBuM9eSQQ2hyMThhmaU7KpgovN

[quote=“GLock, post:45, topic:2968”][quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Is it ok to mix up the following strings?

would be in German:

This would result in:

We could ask The White Horse to rearrange the counter for your language if is not possible to translate it in another way in German.

As you can see from the homepage the counter is by default in front of second / seconds ago[/quote]

The Bitcoin.de counter:

word to word translation:
Data update prior: 5 seconds

If those 3 stings:

are only used for the counter then adding vor (prior) to Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> Last Updated: would be sufficient (it would not create a problem somewhere else).

You could of course also add an additional string element for vor (prior) before the dynamic counter value.

[quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Last Updated: 9 seconds ago
would be in German:

This would result in:

Looking at the website, I think this would work without any changes from TheWildHorse.

[quote=“teeneagle, post:49, topic:2968”]I have finished translating peercoin.net to Arabic .

please tell me how and when will the reviewing be done?

Here is some notes i wish to be considered:

1- Arabic is a very rich and complicated language so disagreement between translators about which word to be used and which is the best way to phrase the meaning is very common, However. i did my best to choose the most adequate, sophisticated and accurate translation, reviewing tens of resources.

2- Some of the technical words like cryptography doesn’t have a consensus about its translation, but i reviewed lots of translations and justifications to those translations before choosing one, reviewer may review the Arabic wikipedia and the Arabeyes community of open software translators, as those were the main resources i relied on, and please contact me to ask about any thing any time here or my gmail.

http://arabeyes.org/

3- Other terms like POS doesn’t have any translation so i put my own one and i can argue about the reason i translated like that, i also intend to create an arabic wikipedia pages for the POS and Peercoin and other project related to peercoin ecosystem to spread the idea as long as the arabic translation used in the official site so every Arabic user can search those terms and find further explanations.

4- Arabic is avery unique language and translating wont be perfect without the site developer participation:
A - the Arabic counting system is more complicated than single and plural, the site developer must use this formula if he wants the time counter in the home page to be right : http://arabeyes.org/Plural_Forms this will require some extra strings which i have no problem to provide. (this apply also on peerunity)
B - some of the strings are not provided to translating, I don’t mind the labels as peerunity and peershares in developers page to stay untranslated as i provided their translation in the strings beneath them, but the " quick start guide " png and the descriptions of exchanges should be translated.
C- Arabic is written from the right to the left so i really encourage the developer to rearrange the pages elements (images labels and texts) or it will looks ugly and arabic users will feel like the site doesn,t care.
D- I used the tags provided with the strings in my translation, but since arabic is wrote from the reverse direction, this may cause some mess, so please lets discuss how to address this problem.
5- reviewer may review these instructions from the Arabeyes community :
translation standards: http://arabeyes.org/معايير_الترجمة
translation names: http://arabeyes.org/تعريب_الأسماء

As for Peerunity it will take longer because of lots of Bitcoin core strings which are more technical than the site and demand longer research, and i dont even see it on the user interface!

thank you and please contact me for any question and let me know once the review is done.

Donations are appreciated:
Peercoin > PUS755eXHbEo4bLaHAaTPNegZAtrZrhKHA
Bitcoin > 1LxTzW3NMBuM9eSQQ2hyMThhmaU7KpgovN[/quote]

Thank you for the comprehensive feedback, everything you said will be taken in consideration during the validation process.
At the moment the validation is in progress, as soon as finished, you will be able to see the result and the reference link on the table in the first post.

For Peerunity, I believe that as there isn’t a bitcoin core wallet translated in arabic as a reference, we will be pioneer in that regard, so I think that the best way is to keep consistent on how you translated peercoin.net.
Some of the technical language I believe will be better understood in the original english language, but really depends if it would make sense in arabic. For the two languages I translated some of the words don’t exist in the translated languages or can only be explained by replacing them with convoluted long sentences, so are better understood if left untranslated.

In the meantime, if you haven’t registered yet please do so on http://peer4commit.com/
and don’t forget to complete the form with your peercoin address in this page http://peer4commit.com/users/edit
Once you’ve done please reply to this post with your Identifier that is at the top of that page.

I encourage everyone that is working on any translation to do the same.