Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

[quote=“Cybnate, post:118, topic:2968”]Someone donated 800 PPC to the translation project, but didn’t leave any instructions :omg:
I would say; ‘thank you very much’ but hope that you can let us in some way know whether you have any instructions going along with it.

Unless someone else has a better idea I think I’m going to assume in a week’s time without further instruction from the donor that more languages can be added.
@glock would you be interested to host that?[/quote]

I think that is a good plan, but do you think it would be appropriate to use the newly donated funds for translations of other Peercoin projects too?

Though the peer4commit page only mentions peercoin.net and Peerunity, I’m not sure that there will be enough translations for these two projects to use up all the funds.

Thanks for your response, river333. Hoped to see a few more responses.

The problem is that I can only guess the intentions of the anonymous donor. The scope of the project is clear on peer4commit.com as you said. Actually it is only there because of a proposal for the marketing fund from glock. That’s why I asked Glock to respond as without him I would close the fund and return any remaining balances back to the marketing fund.

I think we should focus on the current scope either by adding more languages or increase the bounty for translations and verifications. There is still a lot of work left imo. We might need to do some maintenance work when we have updates on the website, although that is also scope creep. This is not a translation fund after all.

I think if we want to change the scope of the fund we need another marketing fund proposal or voting round and ensure community support and one or more people being prepared to commit to it. I don’t want to sit on dedicated sleeping funds for more than a few months and rather have them transferred to somewhere else where they can provide value to the community now rather than maybe later.

Have had contact with Glock, hope he can find some time to reply with his thoughts this weekend.

Just finished a French quality review on Peerunity. A lot of minor mistakes but a few grammar mistakes.

Also some words have been replaced like: “porte-monnaie” (grandma’s change purse) --> is now “portefeuille” (also c.f. Bitcoin client for confirmation)
Or also, “cryptage” used instead of “chiffrement”, which doesn’t have the same meaning and is a big mistake.

I need some frenchies to upvote my changes!

Thanks and enjoy!

[quote=“Thireus, post:123, topic:2968”]Just finished a French quality review on Peerunity. A lot of minor mistakes but a few grammar mistakes.

Also some words have been replaced like: “porte-monnaie” (grandma’s change purse) --> is now “portefeuille” (also c.f. Bitcoin client for confirmation)

I need some frenchies to upvote my changes!

Enjoy![/quote]

Thank you for your work Thireus!

I think there is a lot left to do with translations. We have to keep working on making available Peercoin to as many countries as possible and to do so we have to focus on making Peercoin accessible to non english speakers.

At the moment we do not have a complete “product” yet for non english speakers as we have translated just the website and the client in few languages, and we need to keep working to translate at least

• Android Wallet
  • Whitepaper
  • Cold wallet
  • Block Explorer

Would be nice to have a team of translators that on regular basis could also translate Sunny’s weekly updates and other recurring updates in the websites and clients but at the moment I think that the priority is to have a complete translation of the above in addition to peercoin.net and Peerunity.

As we received the donation to the translation fund, I am quite sure that the donor wants us to utilize the funds for translation work.

We could start revising few things in the Bounty as follows:

• Adding more languages, especially eastern european and other asian languages, I think is important to have at least one african language translated, to achieve that we could have a higher reward for that specific translation

• Giving a small tip to validators.

If we add this small tip we could push even more interest towards peercoin and facilitate the validation process. Also, at the moment I am finding difficult to validate Russian and Italian, I think a little tip could help.

• Including everything in one bounty is best, as it keeps in the loop everyone involved and it would be easier to advertise on other fora channelling everyone onto one thread.

• I think that we can increase the reward to around 30% to generate more interest, depending on the number of languages we want to translate to remain within our budget.

What is your opinion?

[quote=“bobbybb, post:119, topic:2968”]Hi,

I have improved the following German translations on transifex.com:
Homepage → (9) Peercoin seeks to be the most secure cryptocoin at the lowest cost, by rewarding all users for strengthening the network.

Homepage → (13) No insider pre-sale or instant mining.

Newcomers page → (7) Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors while your money is inside.

Mining page → (4) Proof of Work mining is used to spread the distribution of new coins, while the security of the network is maintained entirely by Proof of Stake minting. This means that Bitcoin mining vulnerabilities such as Selfish Mining do not impact Peercoin security.

Minting Page → (4) Each time your minting generates a block, your coins help guard the network. To reliably attack the Peercoin network, a malicious user must control the majority of all minting coins, which could even end up harming his own investment.

FAQ → (7) As of version 0.2, centrally-broadcasted checkpointing is no longer a critical part of the protocol. Its purpose is to defend the network during the initial growth period, and to help ensure a smooth upgrade path. Central checkpointing is now being gradually weakened, and will be eventually removed, to achieve a similar decentralization level to Bitcoin. The checkpoints exist solely as a security measure: if something terrible were to happen, we have the checkpoints as a backup.

Payment Integration Guide → (3) Import the public peercoin addresses into a database table on your web server. Do not import the private keys, but instead keep them offline in order to protect them from hackers.

Homepage → (31) Enter your e-mail address…

The wallet page must be improved:

The Homepage must also be improved:

[size=18pt]Many thanks @willywithcoinnode for the examination of translation and his help in the improvement of the translation![/size][/quote]

Please note that this update is mandatory.
Some translations contain errors, this should be improved ASAP.

Hi

Available to translate to portuguese the peercoin.net

I’ve just noticed a big lack of available english sentences for Peerunity in the GetLocalization Projet page. Especially for the “Minting” section of the wallet. I guess this feature has been added in Peerunity later… But still, the Peerunity translation area must contain the latest english sentences used by Peerunity. This is NOT OK to work on outdated stuff!

As an example: “Transaction is too young” cannot be seen anywhere in the sentences to translate! (And it remains in English on Peerunity client when used with a foreign language)

Please update the project so we can work on on sentences that are actually in use!
Thank you.

Thank you for informing us of this. The Peerunity team is also working on the Nu project and that is our main focus right now. We’ll update the translation texts on getlocalization as soon as time allows.

[quote=“Refptbtc, post:127, topic:2968”]Hi

Available to translate to portuguese the peercoin.net[/quote]

Thank you Refptbtc!
Please let me know if you choose a different username to translate on Transifex

At the moment of start portuguese language is at 0% in peercoin.net so once completed and validated you will get 100% of the reward; that equals to 30 PPC for peercoin.net

As a reminder you have 21 days to complete the translation to be eligible for the reward.

Thank you CoinGame. I don’t think it would take more than 20min to add/update the sentences though. There are more and more people who are dedicating their time to translate or perform a QA review of Peerunity’s translation, this is why I’m a bit alarmist about updating the project so that less time is wasted and that the FULL translation is completed and rewarded. For now, like I said, people working on Peerunity’s translation project are working on outdated and incomplete stuff.

Thank you for understanding :). I understand Nu is important too ;).

BTW, I’m free to help.

[quote=“GLock, post:130, topic:2968”][quote=“Refptbtc, post:127, topic:2968”]Hi

Available to translate to portuguese the peercoin.net[/quote]

Thank you Refptbtc!
Please let me know if you choose a different username to translate on Transifex

At the moment of start portuguese language is at 0% in peercoin.net so once completed and validated you will get 100% of the reward; that equals to 30 PPC for peercoin.net

As a reminder you have 21 days to complete the translation to be eligible for the reward.[/quote]

Hi Glock
Already created the account on transiflex but can’t find de peercoin project. Can you help me?

Thx.

[quote=“Refptbtc, post:132, topic:2968”]Hi Glock
Already created the account on transiflex but can’t find de peercoin project. Can you help me?

Thx.[/quote]

This is the link to the project

to start translating to Portuguese just click on Portuguese, and then Join Team. TheWildHorse will approve you and then you can start the translation. I will amend the deadline for your translation as soon as you get approved.

If you have any problem please let us know, thank you!

I’ve updated the getlocalization.com/peerunity source file. Now the minting tab and multi-sig GUI can be translated. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Awesome! Thanks a lot CoinGame. :slight_smile:

[quote=“GLock, post:133, topic:2968”][quote=“Refptbtc, post:132, topic:2968”]Hi Glock

Thx.[/quote]

to start translating to Portuguese just click on Portuguese, and then Join Team. TheWildHorse will approve you and then you can start the translation. I will amend the deadline for your translation as soon as you get approved.

If you have any problem please let us know, thank you![/quote]

Got it.
Please be aware that the translation will be for PT-PT (Portuguese - Portugal).

[quote=“Refptbtc, post:136, topic:2968”][quote=“GLock, post:133, topic:2968”][quote=“Refptbtc, post:132, topic:2968”]Hi Glock

Thx.[/quote]

If you have any problem please let us know, thank you![/quote]

Got it.
Please be aware that the translation will be for PT-PT (Portuguese - Portugal).[/quote]

Great, thank you for the info.

Just finished the French translation. Thanks again CoinGame for that project update! :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

With our anonymous donation we are able to make it even more interesting to contribute with translations. In collaboration with @glock I like to announce the following changes:

From today on:

1. Every validator will receive 5 PPC for their work. They must register on peer4commit.com to receive their bounty
  2. The reward is for a complete translation is increased from 30 PPC to 40 PPC for Peercoin.net and to 20 PPC for Peerunity or an equivalent percentage depending on the work.
  3. We add a reward for translating the Peercoin whitepaper in one of the currently listed languages in OP which are not yet on peercoin.net/whitepaper
    I suggest a reward of 20 PPC given the size (6 pages), but open to suggestions if people think it should be more or less.
  4. We increase the number of languages for peercoin.net and peerunity.
    @glock (and others) can you please think about another 5 to 10 preferred languages to add to the list?

I will update the peer4commit fund where possible. @glock can you please update the OP of this thread accordingly?

Hope this will inspire more people to get on with it and translate and earn a couple of Peercoins on the way.
I think it is a fun way to earn some Peercoins and see your work back on the website or in the wallet. 8)

Good stuff Cybnate! I was a bit worried about the Peerunity translation status… nobody translated the new sentences in any other languages except French, which I did. :frowning: I hope it will push people to make an effort. And hopefully will not delay the next Peerunity release!

I’m still waiting to be added to the French team to perform a QA review for Peercoin.net (there are a couple of mistakes there too).

Thanks.