London Peercoin Meetup

I was just wondering if there was much interest in getting a London Peercoin meet up going?

I’m thinking something pretty low-key so we can all put faces to names, discuss how best to take Peercoin forward and maybe swap ideas on other projects like Peershares that can bring value to Peercoin.

Probably a pub somewhere or maybe a function room if we get enough people interested.

Yes, I would come

yeh i’d try to come to this if it happened :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Cool, I’ll see if I can something arranged in the next couple of months then as the weather improves.

Hopefully we’ll get more than just the three of us… Otherwise it’s just a table in the corner in the pub :smiley:

[quote=“nox-, post:4, topic:2265”]Cool, I’ll see if I can something arranged in the next couple of months then as the weather improves.

Hopefully we’ll get more than just the three of us… Otherwise it’s just a table in the corner in the pub :D[/quote]
hey if just the three of us, will be an improvement on my usual situation… I will have 2 people sitting with me!!

i think i just made myself sad :frowning: but then i remembered who needs friends when you have Volunpeers :smiley:

Fuzzybear

As long as you announce a time and place ahead of time, I can mention it on social media and hopefully get more than 3 people out there.

Please give a couple of weeks notice. Maby I can catch a plane here in Norway and join you. Have been thinking of a trip to London for some time. Would be nice to kill two birds with one stone :slight_smile:

When your meetup is end July or early August there is even a chance that I’m able to make it as I’m in Europe for three weeks and always good to visit places and catch-up with a cousin in London. Taking the high-speed train through the tunnel is a good option for me. No guarantees though as my family might have planned some of my days already.

Might be able to kill another two birds with one stone. Poor birds :frowning:
:slight_smile:

I thought I would “bump” this thread, as we are approaching July. Maybe we can pencil in a date so that sandakersmann can also attend from Norway?

I would have thought a Weatherspoons mid-week might be a suitable venue. Cheap food and drink, and plenty of space

What if we picked a date before or after this event:

http://www.coindesk.com/coinsummit-conference-london-july-2014/

CoinSummit London will take place on 10th-11th of July, so maybe saturday the 12th is a good day?

Fine by me. The only July date I cannot do is the Thursday the 17th

Sorry guys, I let this one slip a bit with other stuff that was going on.

I’m going to be in France until the 14th July so won’t be able to make it on those dates (but don’t let that stop you), otherwise anytime in the end of July or start of August sounds good to me.

Would love to join a Peercoin meetup, but same here, won’t be able to travel to London before 22 July. But don’t wait for me as it may prove difficult to match with my calendar when visiting family and friends in Holland anyway. On 7 August I’m out of Europe and in Singapore for a few days.

I would say just plan something and I’ll see if I can make it or not.

Sandakersmann,
Are you planning to attend the CoinSummit London of 10th-11th July?

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:14, topic:2265”]Sandakersmann,
Are you planning to attend the CoinSummit London of 10th-11th July?[/quote]

I was, but the ticket price turned me off. GBP 1200+20% VAT is a bit steep…

As no one is going to London for the CoinSummit event, I suggest we can put the Peercoin meeting back a couple of weeks (that helps Nox and Cynate)

How about either 23rd or 30th July (both Wednesdays)? Somewhere in central London from 6.30pm, perhaps

Depending on how many people expect to come, we can arrange a place with a function room. Or, if a few people, a place with “booths”

I know a couple of bars/pubs near Holborn tube which might be suitable

I’m back at work the 24th of July, so I can not come that late in July.

How about a week earlier, Wednesday 16 July?
Anyone else?

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:18, topic:2265”]How about a week earlier, Wednesday 16 July?
Anyone else?[/quote]
Not for me, still in NZ at that time. But again, don’t wait for me.