Ledger Nano S hardware wallet peercoin application

for minting to work we need few more upgrades to peercoin code, but it’s in the works, I imagine next year it’ll be possible.

I got into Bitcoin back in the day to buy a Trezor :slight_smile: Never used it but it’s exciting to see peercoin on a hardware wallet, thanks for working on it! :champagne:

1 Like

I posted about this on Reddit and Twitter, since it’s becoming more popular…

3 Likes

Ledger Nano S, Firmware V1.3.1, ubuntu 17.04 and python2.7.

I keep getting this error:

Broken certificate chain - loading from user key
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 174, in _run_module_as_main
main”, fname, loader, pkg_name)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File “/home/jonklinger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ledgerblue/setupCustomCA.py”, line 68, in
loader.setupCustomCA(args.name, public)
File “/home/jonklinger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ledgerblue/hexLoader.py”, line 236, in setupCustomCA
data = self.encryptAES(data)
File “/home/jonklinger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ledgerblue/hexLoader.py”, line 95, in encryptAES
encryptedData = cipher.encrypt(paddedData)
File “/home/jonklinger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Cipher/blockalgo.py”, line 244, in encrypt
return self._cipher.encrypt(plaintext)
TypeError: argument must be string or read-only buffer, not bytearray

what is it going to take to get this into the mainstream ledger app store dealy?

Money.

how much?

can you elaborate a bit?

They want us to pay them for listing.

how much money do they want? maybe we can pool. I really prefer to hodl my (not that many) Peercoins on a secure wallet and not my android wallet.

1 Like

If you simply go on reddit.com/ledgerwallet and message the moderators, they’ll tell you. I’ve read it’s about $60k.

Why PPC is not supported yet officialy in Ledger Nano S? Have you contacted the team?

Money needs to be raised as @Peerchemist said.

1 Like

Hello jonklinger

I got the same issue, but it seems I managed to overcome it.
Open the last file listed in the callstack (here /home/jonklinger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Cipher/blockalgo.py), go to line 244 and modify it:
return self._cipher.encrypt(bytes(plaintext))
beware that you should not change the indentation of the line

Save, and run the commands.

1 Like

Which one?

fundraising to get ppc on ledger

Let’s keep it here on the forum still.

What needs to be done is pressuring Ledger people to just list Peercoin there.

Yea their price is a bit unreal. But it’s their business model. :-/

As already told in the chat, I contacted them. Their answer was on 5 December, 16:25 CET

Hello ,

This token [Peercoin] support is not planned so far. Please refer to this FAQ topic to know which coins are supported depending on which Ledger device you have:

If it is an ERC20 token you need to use MyEtherWallet. Please read that guide : MyEtherWallet (click here to follow the tutorial)

You can contribute to our public roadmap following this Trello link, as we do not treat this kind of request on the technical support.

Best regards,

Well, the trello voting list reveals how much it would cost and what other users would like to have: Trello

Maybe we should all write down the name of this project there? Who is first?

Hey,

unfortunately I can’t install ledgerblue with the “pip install ledgerblue” command on my Kali Virtual Box.

I’m always getting the following message:

Command “/usr/bin/python -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-QslqKd/hidapi/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-OMC75E-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-QslqKd/hidapi/

Other pip commands work without any problems.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!