Ledger Nano S hardware wallet peercoin application

Money.

how much?

can you elaborate a bit?

They want us to pay them for listing.

how much money do they want? maybe we can pool. I really prefer to hodl my (not that many) Peercoins on a secure wallet and not my android wallet.

1 Like

If you simply go on reddit.com/ledgerwallet and message the moderators, they’ll tell you. I’ve read it’s about $60k.

Why PPC is not supported yet officialy in Ledger Nano S? Have you contacted the team?

Money needs to be raised as @Peerchemist said.

1 Like

Hello jonklinger

I got the same issue, but it seems I managed to overcome it.
Open the last file listed in the callstack (here /home/jonklinger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Cipher/blockalgo.py), go to line 244 and modify it:
return self._cipher.encrypt(bytes(plaintext))
beware that you should not change the indentation of the line

Save, and run the commands.

1 Like

Which one?

fundraising to get ppc on ledger

Let’s keep it here on the forum still.

What needs to be done is pressuring Ledger people to just list Peercoin there.

Yea their price is a bit unreal. But it’s their business model. :-/

As already told in the chat, I contacted them. Their answer was on 5 December, 16:25 CET

Hello ,

This token [Peercoin] support is not planned so far. Please refer to this FAQ topic to know which coins are supported depending on which Ledger device you have:

If it is an ERC20 token you need to use MyEtherWallet. Please read that guide : MyEtherWallet (click here to follow the tutorial)

You can contribute to our public roadmap following this Trello link, as we do not treat this kind of request on the technical support.

Best regards,

Well, the trello voting list reveals how much it would cost and what other users would like to have: Trello

Maybe we should all write down the name of this project there? Who is first?

Hey,

unfortunately I can’t install ledgerblue with the “pip install ledgerblue” command on my Kali Virtual Box.

I’m always getting the following message:

Command “/usr/bin/python -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-QslqKd/hidapi/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-OMC75E-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-QslqKd/hidapi/

Other pip commands work without any problems.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve updated the guide to new versions of firmware and application. have fun with your Nano S.

5 Likes

I am thinking of posting testnet peercoin application in this thread from now on. What do you think?

1 Like

Good idea, that would be great for testing purposes.

after updating firmware in ledger nano s
it says

File “/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ledgerblue/comm.py”, line 135, in exchange
raise CommException(“Invalid status %04x (%s)” % (sw, possibleCause), sw, response)
ledgerblue.commException.CommException: Exception : Invalid status 6a84 (Not enough space?)

any idea… ??

You should probably ask at Ledger community support channels. They operate a Slack channel.

But my guess is: not enough space. Just like the error message says. Try deleting some apps from the ledger.