Job Listing - Seeking Go Developer to Port Btcd to Peercoin

The Peercoin Foundation is looking to hire a developer to port btcd to Peercoin. Btcd is an alternative full node bitcoin implementation written in Go (golang).

A functioning port of btcd called ppcd was previously coded in 2015, however it has since fallen out of date. Given btcd and Peercoin have changed so much over the years, ppcd must be started again from scratch. This new initiative seeks to do just that, recode ppcd using the latest versions of btcd and Peercoin.

This is a paid position. The project will take several months to complete. There may also be opportunity for an ongoing role in the project as updates will need to be applied from time to time. The developer must have experience in Go and Bitcoin. Experience with Peercoin is preferred, but not required as the developer will be working alongside and receiving guidance from experienced Peercoin developers in order to complete the project.

If you are interested or know someone who might be interested in this position, please contact the Peercoin Foundation at foundation [at] peercoin.net.

4 Likes

Hi Sentinelrv,

Iā€™m very interested and excited to the position.
I studied Bitcoin and Ethereum. I have developed some Defi projects mainly contributing to frontend side for the last 2 years.
Iā€™m ready to change my career from web2 to web3 and make the product best while getting a lower salary.
Looking forward to speaking with you.

Best,
Hiroshi