ITS TRUE! Bitcoin ATM Operators know that Peercoin is important (and IDEA)

[quote=“ppcman, post:20, topic:3113”]Thanks Fuzzy for creating the Peer4commit ATM Fund

I fully believe that one day I can walk up to a crypto ATM, and buy either Bitcoin or Peercoin. However it will only happen if we get behind it happening.

Peercoiners reading this if you can throw a few dozen / hundred peercoin into the project. Whatever you can afford to invest into it… Peercoin will show up on ATM screens every where if it comes true.

[size=14pt]Click this link to help: Peercoin ATM Project[/size][/quote]

What is the target? I mean, if this was like a kick starter campaign, how much would we have to raise to get it? Any one care to make a guess what it could cost (how much work is required, hours)?

You would also need a development environment. As mentioned in the chat, that would cost you about $1,000 just to start coding or you have to find someone who actually owns one already. I can arrange a contact to people owning Lamassu ATM in New Zealand who was also open to adding Peercoin eventually. However, I haven’t met any Peercoin devs in New Zealand yet…

what is required on top of this is a ppc backend to send tx to.
ppc.blockr.io doesnt support it/ I cant think of any who does ptovide this kind of service.
did SK not mention he was looking into this?

I googled a bit on this topic, I believe that for these sort of services to spring into life, there is an ugent need for:

• a API service like blckchain able to accept a raw tx hash to insert ppc transactions into the network
  • a lib such as https://github.com/Bit-Wasp/bitcoin-lib-php that can create a raw transaction, and sign it, without being online

once these exists, extending skyhook to include ppc is not a big deal to make.

I see that we’ve already raised 49.7951 PPC.

I can’t afford much, but I’ll bring us over the 50 PPC mark.

Thanks every one who tossed a few peercoin towards this… If we got enough donations may be we could even buy our own ATM and get a volunteer to put a placement some where…

It could generate community profits for us too. Who knows. :slight_smile:

bump

As Skyhook uses bitcoinjs, I thought we could start with extending the backend lib.
Have a look at the following and see that some altcoins are already defined:

As I lack the knowledge to add peercoin to the mix, I thought I post here an addition for a review:

,peercoin: {
    magicPrefix: '\x18Peercoin Signed Message:\n', ???
    bip32: {
      public: 0x0488b21e,???
      private: 0x0488ade4 ???
    },
    pubKeyHash: 0x37,
    scriptHash: 0x05,???
    wif: 0xB7,
    dustThreshold: 10000, //???
    feePerKb: 10000, // https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/blob/master/src/main.h
    estimateFee: estimateFee('peercoin')
  }

OOh nice, we’re at 151 PPC donated by the community towards this project already.

The gift of giving during the season seems apparent! Thanks every one who has contributed so far.

On another note, does any one own a Nexus 7? Apparently that’s what the Skyhook uses, so it might be possible to buy the parts without the Nexus 7 for cheaper than $1,000

@thehuntergames

That code you posted isn’t in https://github.com/bitcoinjs/bitcoinjs-lib/blob/master/src/networks.js

Is that code that you’ve copy/pasted from some where else? Or is it your interpretation of the correct values and all we need is a github developer to push those changes?

@everyone else

The reason this is important, is the early bird gets the worm here. The faster peercoin is ported to Skyhook (and Lamassu) the better chance we have of getting actually into some ATM’s.

A lot of gazillion other altcoins are busy fixing up their wallets to look pretty, and it is a matter of time before they run out of ideas and start going the ATM route too. We’d like to be first in line. (Ok, maybe 3rd in line in this case, but nonetheless, we got to be there).

ppcman, i see you already started to work on the promotion thing :stuck_out_tongue:
good work, if we get the peer2commit link to the public we will get more
donation, especially from the ppc “whales” ;D

edit: what i am expecting from an ATM

1. to be close to me
  2. to have instant transactions (with very low fees or no fees at all) when i buy and sell coins for fiat

too early for the 1.
nearly impossible for the 2. without a central system or a sidechain

Skyhook is rapidly gaining market share: http://www.coindesk.com/6-charts-show-massive-bitcoin-atm-growth-2014

Peercoin could be there on all of those? Amazing!