It's been a while

Primecoin has quite a crowd of followers in China and is actively traded there. According to SK, it will take severak Moore’s Law periods to lower XPM inflation. See Primecoin long term money supply and total cap

There is no lack of such coins. Minting rewards inhibits circulation, because anyone who doesn’t mint is hit by inflation. It’s not higher % the better.

Why BTC mining cost?

Inflation coming from the mined PoW coins?
Also, why can’t one just mint more than another – like me at 4% and you at 2.3% if you want?
Everyone at 1% is no fun

Also, how do you see the blockchain size growing going forward?
@Sentinelrv talked about PeerKeeper mobile wallet being developed –

I feel like youre asking questions we’ve discussed a hundred times before.

3 Likes

Because miners mine-and-sell anything that makes more money per kW. So PPC price multiplied by production rate must bring miners the same return as BTC (btc mining cost)

We were talking about your 10% minting reward.

That makes sense.
Now, does it mean that for peercoin to.exist bitcoin must exist?

bitcoin is just a lazy way to say weighted average of all coins of the same algorithm.

But I dont remember that ppc pow mining hardware to be exactly that of btc? Is it?
It’s the same basic mining algo but the network is different so hardware should be different.
Therefore RoI and cost are different isn’t it?

It’s the same AFAIK. I nevered mined PPC seriously but I remember to switch between PPC and BTC within the same pool usually all you need to do is changing the port. The pool takes care of which network to connect to. The miner only does the hashing, which is the ssame w/ ppc and btc.

1 Like