Is there a specific reason the Peercoin Blockchain is so small?

I’m wondering specifically if there’s a protocol or design reason for this. One of the issues I see with the future of a crypto currency is massive blockchain sizes. Bitcoin is barely a decade old and it already has a massive 320gb blockchain compared to Peercoin’s 1gb chain. Is this just because Peercoin is less popular or is there another low-level reason?

If the reason is just lower popularity, are there any design ideas for reducing block chain sizes over the years?

Thanks in advance, you guys have been really helpful so far.

1 Like

low usage, and up til recently, static 0.01ppc fee (which is burned and does not goto miners - also a source of deflation)

the fee recently had some changes… and while i could be wrong on this because i am going off memory at the moment, the fee per byte remains the same, however the minimum fee per tx has been reduced from 0.01ppc to 0.001 ppc, therefore simple transactions are enjoying a much lower fee than before.

peercoin has quite a nice system of natural fee pressure / equilibrium vs deflation and is setup to be fairly good at self regulating out the gate.

1 Like