Is solo mining going the way of the dodo?

I’ve been running ~136 nodes, all solo, for a while now and have noticed a massive decrease in found blocks. The short of it being that I’ve not found any blocks in 4 days. Anyone else noticing similar performance? I’m wondering if it is finally time to look into a pool.

I have noticed decreased number of found shares on b(e^5)r’s pool as well. I was thinking of taking my 8 core and 2x 2 core VPS instances to solo, but then I read your post.

Slight typo in my original post, 36 nodes, each quad core. Good news is I finally found a block. The few people I know currently mining XPM have also noticed a sharp decrease in found blocks which correlates with the sudden and sharp spike in Prime Chain Rate on the following site.

http://xpm.muuttuja.org/charts/

I’ll let you know how it pans out over the next week. We may see a decrease in XPM mining activity with the massive fluctuation of many altcoins.

I’m interested in primecoin for 1 day. Straight to the point, does it make any sense if I try to mine solo for XPM with 6 cores (2600 pps) for a few hours per day or is a perfectly useless attempt ? Thanks in advance for any answers.

When I stop mining, if there was no reward during that time, all those hours are lost and when I restart the miner I also start from zero, right ? If it isn’t so, please explain.

Just a quick update regarding my results. Last week yielded me 10 blocks and I’m at 5 for this week. At current price points, this return is still profitable with my setup.