Is coinage for minting really necessary?

I have read about PeerCoin minting process.

I don’t understand one thing - why we have coinage?
How I see it fair is that:

1. Minting block prize will be equal for everyone(could be scaled be the time goes by, but doesn’t depend on stash).
  2. The more stash you have, the more chance you have for successful minting.
  3. (Optional) If you fear from riches gets richer affect, you can delay the prize of the minting block for some months, so it scales down this effect. We can lso have temporary charge for this “delayed minting”.(I doubt about this however)

Noticed that I only talk about minting chance relation to coinage. I do realize that coinage is beneficial for the longest chain decision.

By accumulating coinage, which takes time to do, it prevents a lot of network attacks that could otherwise be possible.

Go back deep into these forums and so some searches and follow some threads. Back in 2014 we had dozens and dozens of discussions about possible attacks, etc.

A user named pillow summarized a lot of this information, so if you look at his past posts, you’ll see plenty of great info.

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:3895”]By accumulating coinage, which takes time to do, it prevents a lot of network attacks that could otherwise be possible.

Go back deep into these forums and so some searches and follow some threads. Back in 2014 we had dozens and dozens of discussions about possible attacks, etc.

A user named pillow summarized a lot of this information, so if you look at his past posts, you’ll see plenty of great info.[/quote]

If you mean https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2976.0 , I couldn’t relate it to my post, even known it raised me different questions.

I might just missed it in this search. Can you please give me those links?

Coinage is important to increase your chances of finding a block.
If coinage didn’t matter it would always be the same high stake addresses (actually UTXOs) that mint blocks.
Just like you can’t mine bitcoin with a low hashrate, you can’t mint with a low coin age.