Invitation to Conference: Hashers United, 10-11th October, 2014, Las Vegas, USA

We got an invitation from the organizer. Anyone interested to speak at the October mining conference: Hashers United, 10-11th October, 2014, Las Vegas, USA. Topic could cover various PoW algorithms (especially primecoin), and maybe PoS as well.

Sk, I am a little worried about XPM for the half year price trend. Since XPM is also a POW currency, how could it avoid tragedy of the common?

sk, it would be in ppc and xpm interest for their lead developer to participate
in those conferencies and make public appearances. but it is your right to avoid
those things and spent your time to development only :slight_smile:
in that case at least a second so called lead developer should undertake those tasks. see btc, it has a huge team with a lot of devs.
i don’t write this to accuse you of anything, only interest for ppc and xpm future.
i am new to the forum so i was surpised to see this thread, i think these issues
are handled internally :slight_smile:

[quote=“seki, post:3, topic:2503”]i am new to the forum so i was surpised to see this thread, i think these issues
are handled internally :)[/quote]

While I agree that having a “top” authoritative public face at the presentation will help a normal person to gain a sense of identity to Peercoin and Primecoin, I would say this is an identity of a hierarchical, centralized structure. In a peer to peer loose organization there are leads in various activities/tasks, but I think a non-transparent, central, internal decision-making body should be avoided. Such body invites attack and is prone to conplacency and corruption. Bitcoin can keep its commitee/foundation/conclave.

As for the conference, anyone who has a good understanding of Peercoin and likeable by the public is fine. I think we should make the public understand that Peercoin is, well, a peer to peer coin.

fyi, this time it is about primecoin, you know our little brother/sistercoin

Primecoin does not use a fixed cap money supply model like bitcoin as described in the primecoin paper, instead its mining output is associate with Moore’s Law. It should have much slower drop of mining subsidy than bitcoin in the longer term (10+ years) thus much less affected than bitcoin in terms of risk of low security level. If Moore’s law stops at some point then primecoin block subsidy would become relatively constant, rather than tending to zero as in the case of bitcoin (note though primecoin inflation rate is still tending to zero).

fyi, this time it is about primecoin, you know our little brother/sistercoin[/quote]

uh oh. Never mind then.

Primecoin does not use a fixed cap money supply model like bitcoin as described in the primecoin paper, instead its mining output is associate with Moore’s Law. It should have much slower drop of mining subsidy than bitcoin in the longer term (10+ years) thus much less affected than bitcoin in terms of risk of low security level. If Moore’s law stops at some point then primecoin block subsidy would become relatively constant, rather than tending to zero as in the case of bitcoin (note though primecoin inflation rate is still tending to zero).[/quote]

I see, so BTC/XPM/PPC will be my only options, and I hope LTC ASIC rigs drive all GPU miners to XPM, and last hope is Nubit develope team cares about XPM. :slight_smile:

Why is xpm inflation tending to zero?