Invalid Checkpoint Found!?

Hi Ben, I know if I reinstall the wallet, it will sync correctly again (as this happened before), but I don’t want to destroy any evidence until the Peercoin community, inc Sunny who I’ve sent all my log files (hopefully you got the second email Sunny?), want to at least confirm its not a PPC issue, but my machine issue. It if is, I’ll move the wallet permanently to another machine…

[quote=“Zangy, post:18, topic:2724”] ERROR: bool CTransaction::ReadFromDisk(CDiskTxPos, FILE**)() : deserialize or I/O error [/quote]

That means the transaction on your disk is corrupted. Peercoin failed to deserialize it either because some bits have been altered or because the read operation failed (or because you altered the source code but I guess you did not).

The other errors are just the consequences of that. The transaction is the stake of a Proof of Stake block. Since the stake transaction was not found the block is rejected. So any further block will be rejected too.

[quote=“sigmike, post:22, topic:2724”][quote=“Zangy, post:18, topic:2724”] ERROR: bool CTransaction::ReadFromDisk(CDiskTxPos, FILE**)() : deserialize or I/O error [/quote]

That means the transaction on your disk is corrupted. Peercoin failed to deserialize it either because some bits have been altered or because the read operation failed (or because you altered the source code but I guess you did not).

The other errors are just the consequences of that. The transaction is the stake of a Proof of Stake block. Since the stake transaction was not found the block is rejected. So any further block will be rejected too.[/quote]

Well I’ve reinstalled Peercoin again (3rd time lucky), block chain is downloading, lets see…

Yeah it’s either a database/disk corruption or disk IO error. Do you have other stability issues with this system outside peercoin wallet? Any recent system crash, power outage, unclean shutdown etc?

I checked eventvwr, there was some “unexpected shutdown” errors so perhaps this was what caused it. Why the PC shutdown I don’t know. I deleted the database and let the client redownload the blockchain (again), and touch wood its been ok for the last few days. I’ll keep posting if there are more issues.

Thanks for all your help guys, and thanks Sunny, I expect you have far more interesting things to do than look through someone’s log files… but I appreciate it nonetheless

Regrds
Zangy