Introduce Yourself - Important Links

Will do.

@blockspot-io the foundation is located in NL but i dont think you can say peercoin originates from there, i think it is quite international

1 Like

This is true for basically all coins, but indeed food for thought. Thanks for the feedback. The international and decentralized aspect of Peercoin is something that can be explained in the description, which still has to be written.

1 Like

Hello! ( ^-^)/

Iā€™m not sure how I found out about Peercoin (Somehow I went from being interested in the ā€œdark netā€ to subscribing to r/darknetplan to investing in Peercoin? Dunno) but when I read itā€™s an ecological cryptocurrency I was quickly interested. I believe this concept can actually work as a means of exchange and wonā€™t simply be used for making profit, like too many cryptocurrencies.

Iā€™m currently looking in the minting process and while I think I get how it works, I canā€™t figure out how to mint with one device (a raspberry pi) while being able to access my wallet from another device (I initially thought I could just copy my wallet but I read this is a bad idea because it can get desynchronized.)

Anyways, I hope this project succeeds! We all have something at ā€œstakeā€ here. sorry, Iā€™ll see myself out

3 Likes

As long as you donā€™t unlock your wallet for minting on the other device, it shouldnt be an issue. If you try to mint in two places at once people will ban your node.

2 Likes

I see. Thank you!

Hello how are all? I am new in here.

1 Like

Hi, Rafia
Pleased to meet you. Are you new to Peercoin?

Hi!

Hello everyone!

Itā€™s a pleasure to meet all of you! :grinning:

I have been using Peercoin ever since I first bought some off BTC-e a couple of months before the Mt.Gox meltdown. Iā€™ve been in the community mostly as a lurker until several months ago I decided to buy a StakeBox and I am now running a node from my home.

Overall, I think the reason I am still here is because I enjoy the sense of community that Peercoin has. Even after all these years, I am glad that there are still people that wish to continue working in the project to make it grow.

5 Likes

Hey, EchoHound
Great to meet you, hope you stick around. Hope you didnā€™t get burnt by Mt Gox?

Nope. Thankfully, I was able to avoid the whole Mt. Gox ordeal as I never had any coins there.

I did get burned when btc-e was confiscated though. :sob: Thankfully they didnā€™t run away with all the coins so I was able to get most of my coins back. I just have all my coins on my wallet now and only place any on exchanges if i wish to trade.

1 Like

Hi Peers,
Iā€™m uzura.
Iā€™m operating with ctypto coin services and add with peercoin.
I want to join peercoin community.
thank you.

5 Likes

hello iā€™m new here,
i had peercoins since october 2018 itā€™s my first cryptocoin and iā€™m very interrested by the Pos system which i think itā€™s totally different from the major part of cryptos and that permit to anyone to participate in the network, and i think thatā€™s something that we need,
actually i had few others coins now,
thatā€™s all ^^

4 Likes

Hi Random Guy, good to meet you, hope you stick around.

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Hi All. I am interested in Peercoin because the network has proved viable for many years and it has good distribution (relative to other chains). Also I am interested in POS due to energy conservation. I am having problems accessing the chat link in the welcome email. Thanks.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hi Peercoin community!

My name is Mike Perkins, you can find me as blackout7 on forums.
It would be a long story to tell why I joined the Peercoin network recently.

Iā€™m quite new to blockchain technology in general and I just discovered how powerful it can be with Bitcoin, then I read how a cryptocurrency like Peercoin can be sustainable compared to Bitcoin.

I didnā€™t know at first that a cryptocurrency can be green until I read about your project. I think it raise a lot of issues the crypto-world didnā€™t think about, but we will get at a state where everyone will get involved in raising awareness about environmental issues. It means that Peercoin will stay for quite some times.

If there is something I regret today is that I didnā€™t know about Peercoin earlier. Butā€¦
Iā€™m sure the great things are just in front of us, there were a lot of people involved but Iā€™m sure it can grows really fast regarding how this blockchain has been created.

Some people will say : ā€œLook alt coins are all garbage. Bitcoin will stayā€. I would like to respond to those : Weā€™ll see. I also have a good feeling about all of this.

Sincerely,

10 Likes

Six years of people saying Peercoin will die. Still proving them wrong every day.

3 Likes