Introduce Yourself - Important Links

Thank you Backpacker69 ;D

Hi all.

Iā€™ve find Peercoin interesting, so I just came to this forum.

Hi. Iā€™m aigeezer at bitcointalk. I came here because - forks - looks like the dev community is on the case and Iā€™ve got some reading to do.

Welcome aboard :slight_smile:

Thanks, peerchemist. What to say in the obligatory second post? Itā€™s like the old newbie jail at BTC, sorta. I hope it does what you want it to!

Maybe this is relevant/useful. When I first couldnā€™t sync my peerunity client, I looked in appdata roaming expecting to find a Peercoin or Peerunity folder, but found nothing. This sent me looking through forums and FAQs but I didnā€™t notice an explanation (yet) for this apparent difference from most coins. Iā€™ll keep looking.

I thought there might be some startup nodes in a roaming folder and/or that I could ask for some. I was also prepared to do the usual ā€œdelete all files except the wallet and restart the clientā€ trick that often works with other coins. PPC is different, it seems. Homework time for me.

[quote=ā€œaigeezer, post:186, topic:2889ā€]Thanks, peerchemist. What to say in the obligatory second post? Itā€™s like the old newbie jail at BTC, sorta. I hope it does what you want it to!

Maybe this is relevant/useful. When I first couldnā€™t sync my peerunity client, I looked in appdata roaming expecting to find a Peercoin or Peerunity folder, but found nothing. This sent me looking through forums and FAQs but I didnā€™t notice an explanation (yet) for this apparent difference from most coins. Iā€™ll keep looking.

I thought there might be some startup nodes in a roaming folder and/or that I could ask for some. I was also prepared to do the usual ā€œdelete all files except the wallet and restart the clientā€ trick that often works with other coins. PPC is different, it seems. Homework time for me.[/quote]

We need more details I guess, which OS and which Peerunity version. Also, you should post this in Peerunity subforum. You should be free from noobie jail now.

Thanks, will do. Itā€™s Win10 and Peerunity 0.2.0, btw. Iā€™m running the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine - canā€™t remember how that came about, so Iā€™ll be checking that too.

Edit: Update - I uninstalled version 0.2.0 and updated to version 0.2.2 which fixed the problem. Case closed, for me at least. Thanks!

[member=32976]aigeezer[/member] You should update to the latest version of Peerunity (v0.2.2): https://peercoin.net/download-peerunity

Edit: Saw your edit now first ;D

[quote=ā€œsandakersmann, post:189, topic:2889ā€][member=32976]aigeezer[/member] You should update to the latest version of Peerunity (v0.2.2): https://peercoin.net/download-peerunity

Edit: Saw your edit now first ;D[/quote]

Thanks - you guys are good!

Burp! This is my second post here, so you can give me applauses!

I downloaded Peerunity 0.2.0 and minted a block about 8 days agoā€¦ I guess while the blockchain was messed up (I didnā€™t know this at the time). The stake was 2000+ PPCā€¦ and I have yet to get it back. I redownloaded Peerunity 0.2.2 and the blockchain and it says Iā€™m 2000+ PPC short, but the blockchain website still has my original balance.

Trying to fix it, I clicked ā€œclear orphansā€ and it made the transaction disappear from the Minting tab. I have the transaction ID but it comes up with nothing on the PPC blockchain website.

What should I do?

Thank you.

peercoin has recently forked.
If you minted on the wrong chain the mint would not count, however you can still mint again with the same coin age applied as if it never occurred.

just redownload the blockchain and also read yesterdays support https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4574.msg43162#msg43162

[quote=ā€œthehuntergames, post:193, topic:2889ā€]peercoin has recently forked.
If you minted on the wrong chain the mint would not count, however you can still mint again with the same coin age applied as if it never occurred.

just redownload the blockchain and also read yesterdays support https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4574.msg43162#msg43162[/quote]

Thank you for getting back to me. I redownloaded the blockchain and it is still short 2000+ PPC. The peercoin blockchain website doesnā€™t have any of my recent transactions listed on it, although I believe I read that that website is not up to date with the newest blockchain. Could the process of returning my stake take longer than 8 days? Again, Iā€™m using Peerunity 0.2.2.

Additionally, I have staked several other blocks, which have minted successfully in the past few days, but the block staked on the fork is still missing 8 days later.

[quote=ā€œrooster, post:194, topic:2889ā€][quote=ā€œthehuntergames, post:193, topic:2889ā€]peercoin has recently forked.

just redownload the blockchain and also read yesterdays support https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4574.msg43162#msg43162[/quote]

Thank you for getting back to me. I redownloaded the blockchain and it is still short 2000+ PPC. The peercoin blockchain website doesnā€™t have any of my recent transactions listed on it, although I believe I read that that website is not up to date with the newest blockchain. Could the process of returning my stake take longer than 8 days? Again, Iā€™m using Peerunity 0.2.2.

Additionally, I have staked several other blocks, which have minted successfully in the past few days, but the block staked on the fork is still missing 8 days later.[/quote]

Did you delete everything except wallet.dat in the directory of C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin? I am sure that everything will be fine if you redownload blockchain and use the latest version of Peercoin v0.5.4 or Peerunity v0.2.2.

I deleted everything in that file except wallet.dat. Iā€™ve become somewhat of an expert in redownloading the blockchain over the past week or so. When I add up the transactions in Peerunity, I get the correct amount, but my available/maturing/pending total is short 2000 PPC. It seems like itā€™s just sitting there trying to mint on the wrong fork?

Use this blockexplorer PeerCoin Explorer
Check how many PPC you have.

If your are certain you are on the correct chain, that is the latest block on your peerunity is also the latest on one of these explorers: https://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/4h9rav/how_to_find_out_if_your_on_the_correct_chain/d2oq7ft

I do notice that in my Peerunity wallet the available/maturing/pending total is correct while in the transactions one of them is of Type: Payment to yourself showing the fee amount i.s.o. the actual amount. This is clearly a bug in peerunity.

Assuming you have coin control enabled via options, is the total amount on that list (Send->Inputs->List mode) the same as the total displayed in available/maturing/pending total?

[quote=ā€œrooster, post:192, topic:2889ā€]I downloaded Peerunity 0.2.0 and minted a block about 8 days agoā€¦ I guess while the blockchain was messed up (I didnā€™t know this at the time). The stake was 2000+ PPCā€¦ and I have yet to get it back. I redownloaded Peerunity 0.2.2 and the blockchain and it says Iā€™m 2000+ PPC short, but the blockchain website still has my original balance.

Trying to fix it, I clicked ā€œclear orphansā€ and it made the transaction disappear from the Minting tab. I have the transaction ID but it comes up with nothing on the PPC blockchain website.

What should I do?

Thank you.[/quote]

please open up the console (help/debug window/console) and type:
checkwallet

it will report of any errors with missing amounts, after you see them type:
repairwallet

everything should be correct, if not restart peerunity and you will see all of your coins.

[quote=ā€œthehuntergames, post:198, topic:2889ā€]If your are certain you are on the correct chain, that is the latest block on your peerunity is also the latest on one of these explorers: https://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/4h9rav/how_to_find_out_if_your_on_the_correct_chain/d2oq7ft

I do notice that in my Peerunity wallet the available/maturing/pending total is correct while in the transactions one of them is of Type: Payment to yourself showing the fee amount i.s.o. the actual amount. This is clearly a bug in peerunity.

Assuming you have coin control enabled via options, is the total amount on that list (Send->Inputs->List mode) the same as the total displayed in available/maturing/pending total?[/quote]

this bug with orphanaged minting exists in ppcoin as well as peerunity, i have hit it couple of times already during recent forkage.

total amount in coin control is also missing coins that have been minted on the wrong fork, coins donā€™t show up in listunspent.

so wallet.dat is messed up too.
I know one way to clear this up:

[ol][li]export all private keys[/li]
[li]back up those keys[/li]
[li]delete wallet.dat (yikes)[/li]
[li]import them one by one[/li][/ol]