Integration to Microsoft Azure Blockchain-as-a-Service?

Hello,

More and more blockchains are integrated to Azure, almost 30 now:

Source: p.89 on the slide here: http://www.coindesk.com/state-of-blockchain-q1-2016/
(This is a very data-rich report from coindesk on blockchain trends in general BTW)

This guy at microsoft is in charge of coordinating integration into Azure BaaS:

If someone close enough to the Peercoin community could take time some time to coordinate with him, it would be great.

Do you have any idea what this integration actually means?

BaaS integration served as trigger for PnD for several coins, notably Bitshares, Emercoin, Primecoin, Blackcoin. After few hours some pockets were a bit heavier and that is it. I did not notice any long term effects.

I don’t understand what service is delivered.

With Ethereum I can imagine that they provide an easy way to issue assets and smart contracts.
However, I still do not see where Azure is needed in that story.

If you dont want to host a node yourself and just want to provide your (web)service on top of that, e.g. peerassets, it kinda makes sense.

Exactly. BaaS integration is useful to blockchain which can offer some kind of service. If Peerassets takes of, we should integrate Peercoin to Azure.

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Thanks for everybody’s answer. What about the Peershares project?

The Peershares project is not maintained anymore.
And on top of that, people capable of running a Peershares project are more than capable to set up a node themselves.

However, I agree that this would be the best candidate to integrate into Azure right now.
As it might draw some attention into POS chains.

If you need a developer helping to work out the project, feel free to contact me. I’ve set up a Peershares project already and worked with the code.
However, I’m not doing the marketing or business stuff.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I thought that NuBits and B&C Echange projects were based on it. Did they switch to something else? Maybe I’m not up-to-date :slight_smile:

[quote=“colin, post:10, topic:3909”]Thanks for your suggestion.
I thought that NuBits and B&C Echange projects were based on it. Did they switch to something else? Maybe I’m not up-to-date :)[/quote]

They are based on it. The Nu/B&C devs first created Peershares and built Nu and B&C on top, leaving the Peershares project unmaintained.
Peershares is still a solid base code wise.
But it’s protocol is still peercoin’s protocol v0.3 while peercoin is now on v0.5.
So security wise an upgrade to v0.5 might be a good idea.

I did such an upgrade already, but is insufficiently tested.
And as I’m now helping with PeerAssets as I see that as a good fit for my project, I won’t continue the work on Peershares.

I see. OK, good luck with PeerAssets! Looking forward for the roadmap.