Imported my wallet to a pi and zero balance?

Okay so I imported my wallet to my pi, the full peercoin qt is up and synced and instead of my 70 so coins I have zero.

It pulls up here that the balance is 73.9 https://bkchain.org/ppc/address/PPur9LZR28Ausyq5YErGQhizrsXvF8huTc

yet the wallet won’t show it, it has it as the receiving address.

How do i re-sync the wallet on pi with Peercoin-qt?

I have tried the checkwallet and repairwallet and no success.

Try this:

peercoin-qt -reindex
OR
peercoind -reindex

[quote=“SigmundAlpha, post:2, topic:3552”]Try this:

peercoin-qt -reindex
OR
peercoind -reindex[/quote]I am running qt on pi and this didn’t work, it said something to the terms of invalid command.

Try the command ‘peercoin-qt -rescan’ (or ‘ppcoin-qt -rescan’ depending on the name of the binary).

It will rescan the blockchain to find the transactions for your addresses.

[quote=“glv, post:4, topic:3552”]Try the command ‘peercoin-qt -rescan’ (or ‘ppcoin-qt -rescan’ depending on the name of the binary).

It will rescan the blockchain to find the transactions for your addresses.[/quote]receiving method not found on both commands in debug console.

sounds like your trying to make an RPC call. This has to be called before you start the daemon. if you want to restart the server then you need to call

ppcoind stop
ppcoind -rescan -daemon

[quote=“SigmundAlpha, post:6, topic:3552”]sounds like your trying to make an RPC call. This has to be called before you start the daemon. if you want to restart the server then you need to call

ppcoind stop
ppcoind -rescan -daemon[/quote]

[member=32451]kingcolex[/member] if you are running peerbox (instead of a R-pi with Raspbian), to stop the server you need to run

service ppcoind stop

I think. To restart with -rescan … I can’t remember how. You should ask in the peerbox thread.

edit: the most likely cause of you problem is your wallet/server hasn’t sync’ed.

No I am running raspbian with peercoin qt not peerbox. I have changed my wallet out to my main once it fully synced. I am trying to get my balance so I can start minting.

I have the pi hooked to a monitor and am running it like that, no ssh or anything.

[member=32451]kingcolex[/member] can you come to IRC on freenode #peercoin or #peercoin-dev where I can help you in real time?

You can use [this web client] if you don’t have a native client.

Which version of ppcoin-qt or peerunity was used when the “main” wallet was created? There was a protocol upgrade last year which may cause incompatiibility. If you use the latest wallet then starting it with -rescan should fix it. it will take a while.
make sure to wait more than a minute after you quit the wallet before swap in another wallet.dat. usually rescan isn’t needed.

Which version of ppcoin-qt or peerunity was used when the “main” wallet was created? There was a protocol upgrade last year which may cause incompatiibility. If you use the latest wallet then starting it with -rescan should fix it. it will take a while.
make sure to wait more than a minute after you quit the wallet before swap in another wallet.dat. usually rescan isn’t needed.[/quote]I would say no earlier than March of this year, so it should be compatible and it seems none of these commands are working for some reason.

This is the guide I have followed : Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

I will try the -rescan again when i get home but I am pretty sure I already have and received a similar method not found error.

Edit: I tried and got method not found error, I have taken a couple of pics (i have lost the browser on my pi lol) and here they are These show all the commands I have available, and repairwallet and checkwallet do nothing but say password:true

The ‘ppcoin-qt -rescan’ command must not be entered in the console tab of the debug menu in ppcoin-qt. It must be entered in a system console.

There must be a program called ‘terminal’, ‘gnome-terminal’ or ‘xterm’ in your raspbian installation.
Start it, which should open a window in which you can type commands.

Then, as you installed your ppcoin-qt client using the guide at https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0, the ppcoin-qt program should be in the ‘/home/pi/.ppcoin/’ directory.
Therefore the command to enter in the terminal is:

/home/pi/.ppcoin/ppcoin-qt -rescan

[quote=“glv, post:12, topic:3552”]The ‘ppcoin-qt -rescan’ command must not be entered in the console tab of the debug menu in ppcoin-qt. It must be entered in a system console.

There must be a program called ‘terminal’, ‘gnome-terminal’ or ‘xterm’ in your raspbian installation.
Start it, which should open a window in which you can type commands.

Then, as you installed your ppcoin-qt client using the guide at https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0, the ppcoin-qt program should be in the ‘/home/pi/.ppcoin/’ directory.
Therefore the command to enter in the terminal is:

/home/pi/.ppcoin/ppcoin-qt -rescan [/quote]Awesome it worked! Now I have clicked the start minting and entered the password into the box. How can I tell I am truly minting?

with the command

ppcoind getinfo

or

peerbox-info

it will tell you if minting is suspended because of locked wallet, or how long it is unlocked

[quote=“irritant, post:14, topic:3552”]with the command

ppcoind getinfo

or

peerbox-info

it will tell you if minting is suspended because of locked wallet, or how long it is unlocked[/quote]Hmmm where would I see the information? The terminal? All it seems to be doing is launching the wallet and then nothing unique.

yes in the terminal,
when ppcoind is running you can use those commands (ppcoind getinfo), it will output the current blocknumber, your balance, the stake, ip, number of connections.
if it doesn’t show you anything, ppcoind is not running, or something else might be what is going on… (ppcoind.conf there with rcppass and rcpport?)

You can also see the result of the ‘getinfo’ command directly in ppcoin-qt.
Go to ‘Help->Debug window->Console’ and enter ‘getinfo’.

In the result of the ‘getinfo’ command, if your wallet is locked, you will see a line indicating that you are not minting:

"errors" : "Info: Minting suspended due to locked wallet."

If it is the case, unlock the wallet for minting, and this error line will disappear, indicating that the minting process is running.

[quote=“glv, post:17, topic:3552”]You can also see the result of the ‘getinfo’ command directly in ppcoin-qt.
Go to ‘Help->Debug window->Console’ and enter ‘getinfo’.

In the result of the ‘getinfo’ command, if your wallet is locked, you will see a line indicating that you are not minting:

"errors" : "Info: Minting suspended due to locked wallet."

If it is the case, unlock the wallet for minting, and this error line will disappear, indicating that the minting process is running.[/quote]This is all i get

The error message is empty, so everything is working fine and the software is minting.

I noticed that your wallet is not encrypted (no padlock icon in the bottom right corner of ppcoin-qt).
You might want to encrypt it, as it would prevent someone having physical access to your raspberry pi from stealing your coins for example.
There’s a tutorial at http://peercoin.net/minting-guide showing how to mint with an encrypted wallet.