If Mycelium Entropy Hits Their $40,000 Stretch Target, They'll Support Peercoin

Could someone tell me why this is any different or better than the piper wallet?

Hey thanks for pointing out the piper wallet. I was not aware of it.

There are obvious differences, of course, the piper is a $229 full blown linux R-Pi computer with thermal printer having Armory, Electrum and I don’t know what more, so I ordered one. Looks cool. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

The device featured in this thread is much more limited, mission focused, smaller and cheaper. Sometimes these limitations offer good advantage.

Edit: In the Piper Wallet FAQ I see it says it does support Peercoin :slight_smile:

There are obvious differences, of course, the piper is a $229 full blown linux R-Pi computer with thermal printer having Armory, Electrum and I don’t know what more, so I ordered one. Looks cool. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

The device featured in this thread is much more limited, mission focused, smaller and cheaper. Sometimes these limitations offer good advantage.

Edit: In the Piper Wallet FAQ I see it says it does support Peercoin :)[/quote]
If it supports Armory, Electrum etc and Peercoin it would be very special and I hope they would open source the code for it. However I suspect the Peercoin support is only for a narrow aspect of it, but I haven’t dived into it yet.

If it supports Armory, Electrum etc and Peercoin it would be very special and I hope they would open source the code for it. However I suspect the Peercoin support is only for a narrow aspect of it, but I haven’t dived into it yet.[/quote]

Yes, I am sure the Peercoin support is narrowly focused on the primary mission of creating private/public key pairs offline and printing them out, but that is pretty good and valuable presuming it is all securely done. Peercoin does have an electrum-like wallet created by bkchain if there is interest in that. Sadly, I’m sure piper wallet’s Armory does not support Peercoin and to date there is no equivalent that I am aware of. Lack of Armory doesn’t too much bother me because I’m mostly a low transaction frequency paper wallet type person. For future financial management pros I imagine a Peercoin hardware wallet more advanced than Trezor with some Armory-like offline transaction creation abilities.

If it supports Armory, Electrum etc and Peercoin it would be very special and I hope they would open source the code for it. However I suspect the Peercoin support is only for a narrow aspect of it, but I haven’t dived into it yet.[/quote]

As I thought the only advantages would be the price and portability, even though you shouldn’t really need to be printing on a daily basis, plus you would need access to a printer that can print from a usb port AND doesn’t save print jobs. The price is trivial, since you’ll only need 1 device of both, ever. So, I don’t see these as barriers at all and the extra features which some people would/should see as essential are well worth the extra cost.

Does it support Armory and Electrum for Peercoin? I’ve never used these wallets but I thought if you install these wallets on your offline device, you simply import your private key (encrypted with bip32 (standard now I believe) or not) and sign transactions offline. I don’t understand what is meant by ‘supports’ Armory or Electrum. Please fill me in if I’ve been misinformed.

Also, Sentinelrv mention printing in bulk, piper wallet prints in bulk through its UI when connected to a monitor, mouse and keyboard. As far as I could make out, Piper allows for the equivalent operations to altcoin(core clones anyway) as for bitcoin and even allows you to add your own coins!

I’m not affiliated with Piper wallet at all but have convinced myself to buy one in the coming days.

Ps. I believe it is fully open-source.

Did they reach funding?? Did they add peercoin??

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:26, topic:2796”]Did they reach funding?? Did they add peercoin??

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Yes, but not $40,000, but they did add Peercoin.

Possible parameters: Bitcoin, BTC, Litecoin, LTC, Peercoin, PPCoin, PPC, or testnet

https://mycelium.com/assets/entropy/me.html