IDEA: Stop telling too many people about peercoin to keep the price low for now

This kind of objective support is exactly what Peercoin and cryptos need. I've known about PPC for ages now and it only occurred to me to investigate its fundamentals (in depth) a couple of days ago. Anyway, sending 1 PPC your way for inspiring me to finally register on this forum, enjoy!

And you being inspired by Chris inspired me to register on the forum. I think this forum needs more activity. That will make it more appealing to others to join and spread the word about this interesting coin. Primecoin also looks interesting as a combo to Peercoin backbone currency. Bitcoin mining seems just a little bit retarded. To use all that energy and equipment for doing nothing usefull. That is just silly and unclean. Maybe a new coin with mining linked to some other useful stuff will emerge in the future? Like SETI project stuff?

[quote=“trny, post:20, topic:984”][quote=“Chris180Z, post:19, topic:984”]Why would you want to keep it a secret? So you can make more money? lol. Don’t be greedy bro.

I have no money invested in this because I am flat broke, and I can’t mine as you need asic equipment, but I want this to spread everywhere as I love the idea of it. Virtual currency appeals to me, and I think if the world get a taste for it they will love it too.[/quote]

This kind of objective support is exactly what Peercoin and cryptos need. I’ve known about PPC for ages now and it only occurred to me to investigate its fundamentals (in depth) a couple of days ago. Anyway, sending 1 PPC your way for inspiring me to finally register on this forum, enjoy![/quote]

Thank you very much for the donation, I am now on my way and will use this to trade with if it gains value in a few months, which I am sure it will. Hopefully more retailers will jump on board with PPC.

I have a feeling the asic miners will start to switch to PPC as it will be easier to mine over Bitcoin, and it consumes less energy, so it would make sense. I still don’t think Bitcoin is going anywhere any time soon, but I do believe PPC can share the limelight and eventually take BTC over in usage and value due to the energy saved when mining :).

Thanks for the info, new here and peercoin sounds very interesting

[quote=“Chris180Z, post:22, topic:984”][quote=“trny, post:20, topic:984”][quote=“Chris180Z, post:19, topic:984”]Why would you want to keep it a secret? So you can make more money? lol. Don’t be greedy bro.

I have no money invested in this because I am flat broke, and I can’t mine as you need asic equipment, but I want this to spread everywhere as I love the idea of it. Virtual currency appeals to me, and I think if the world get a taste for it they will love it too.[/quote]

This kind of objective support is exactly what Peercoin and cryptos need. I’ve known about PPC for ages now and it only occurred to me to investigate its fundamentals (in depth) a couple of days ago. Anyway, sending 1 PPC your way for inspiring me to finally register on this forum, enjoy![/quote]

Thank you very much for the donation, I am now on my way and will use this to trade with if it gains value in a few months, which I am sure it will. Hopefully more retailers will jump on board with PPC.

I have a feeling the asic miners will start to switch to PPC as it will be easier to mine over Bitcoin, and it consumes less energy, so it would make sense. I still don’t think Bitcoin is going anywhere any time soon, but I do believe PPC can share the limelight and eventually take BTC over in usage and value due to the energy saved when mining :).[/quote]

I think ASIC miners will switch when the price relative to USD jumps a little bit, or in a few weeks when BTC difficulty spikes up like 50%. Jumping around between coins doesn’t really help the bottom line for either though. More people need to realize the brilliance of the long-term stability of PoW/PoS and appreciate that PPC was its first implementation. I expect that to happen after the LTC craze dies out.

I’d also like to point out (and this is important) that Peercoin doesn’t save or consume less energy than Bitcoin when PoW mining. PPC is energy efficient vs. BTC in the long run, because staking it requires very little resources. This will be much more prevalent once BTC reaches its coin cap

Bitcoin difficulty is going crazy fast. A lot of miners have given up mining it now. That can be problematic later.

better idea for this thread…
IDEA: Stop selling so many peercoin at cheap prices??

Better idea when btc crash do buy to make PPCoin safe heaven, and when btc rise, sell a bit to cover

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:26, topic:984”]better idea for this thread…
IDEA: Stop selling so many peercoin at cheap prices??[/quote]

Werd. But, then again, thank you… I’ll just buy more.

Would people hoarding lots of coins (which I assume those in this thread aim to do) be able to generate more PoS blocks on average than someone with fewer coins? I understand PoS serves to generate 1% of your total, but wouldn’t 1% of more coins equal a disturbingly high amount of PoS blocks emanating from wealthy individuals, resulting in direct wealth control from the top down?

resurrecting epic thread )

Ok wont tell.

:zipper_mouth:

2 Likes

did you bought good amount of coin? can i now tell everyone?

3 Likes