Idea for next client

any chance to have stratum support for clients so solo mine and make Asic friendly?

Yes it would be supported in v0.4, since v0.4 includes refresh to bitcoin v0.8.

Hello Sunny. I was wondering if it would be possible to add mutli-signature transactions to a future implementation of the client and if you do this could that be an alternative way to mint using PoS without putting the funds at risk. If you allow minting using one of the keys to sign the block while the other is kept in cold storage/encrypted then wouldn’t that achieve the same level of security as the proposed cold lock transaction?

I’m sure you are aware of the benefits mutli-signature transactions would bring in enabling escrow without trusting a 3rd party as well.

I’m aware that this would no doubt take more work than cold-lock so I am willing to pay you 2000 PPC if you make it happen.

“I’m aware that this would no doubt take more work than cold-lock so I am willing to pay you 2000 PPC if you make it happen.”

I pledge another 2000 ppc.

[quote=“JonnyLatte, post:3, topic:301”]Hello Sunny. I was wondering if it would be possible to add mutli-signature transactions to a future implementation of the client and if you do this could that be an alternative way to mint using PoS without putting the funds at risk. If you allow minting using one of the keys to sign the block while the other is kept in cold storage/encrypted then wouldn’t that achieve the same level of security as the proposed cold lock transaction?

I’m sure you are aware of the benefits mutli-signature transactions would bring in enabling escrow without trusting a 3rd party as well.

I’m aware that this would no doubt take more work than cold-lock so I am willing to pay you 2000 PPC if you make it happen.[/quote]

It seems that mastercoin managed to raise 5,000 BTC for the project by using multisig function.